If you really want peace, nature, romance, seclusion and natural beauty then I will suggest you head for Tirthan Valley and perhaps even stay at Raju’s Cottage, Goshaini, Tirthan Valley – A Pioneer in Hospitality… It is right amidst the Tirthan Valley and there are tons of walks in Great Himalayan National Park (GHNP) which you can hike as and when required to feel further close to nature…
Why Raju’s Cottage, Goshaini and Tirthan Valley???
- There is least tourist rush in Tirthan Valley and ample of peace and privacy which anyone wants on a honeymoon or any other rejuvenating vacation.
- Raju’s Cottage is the pioneer in that region and many a times Outlook Traveler has ranked his place among top places to stay in world. Quality, service, hospitality and location is just superb right amidst the lap of mother nature.
- The stay is not that costly and he charge about Rs 1350 (veg) / Rs 1500 (non-veg.) per person per day which includes all meals, juices, fruits etc. So, 2700 per couple is not bad at all for a day in return the value you get from the place… You may ask him for off season or honeymoon discounts too, if applicable. Advanced booking (in months time) is must here.
- The raw nature is so close to the place, infact all around it… Tirthan River, GHNP, Flora, Fauna, Waterfalls etc… It will match a forest resort stay any day.
- There are other accommodation options too in Tirthan Valley viz. River side resort, Sai Ropa forest rest house, Himalayan Trout House, Shringi Vatika at Ghiyagi a little away from Tirthan etc. which you can choose for a stay apart from Raju’s Cottage.
- Shoja and Jalori Pass are only 1.5-2 Hrs of drive. A place where you can enjoy tons of snow in winters. I am not sure if the walk/hike to Seroloskar Lake will be possible in extreme winters or not from Jalori Pass due to snow. But, you can always check with Raju for the same before leaving.
- Now, the best thing – Tirthan Valley is not that far from Manali – Kasol – Naggar- Solang Valley – Rohtang Pass, which means you will be able to-
- spend 3-4 days in Tirthan Valley and then move to Manali circuit and enjoy stay + adventure activities around snow in Solang Valley including paragliding (of course if you are interested),
- stay for a day or two at one of the most romantic places in Himachal that is Naggar Castle,
- some great Israeli culture and cuisines at Kasol,
- enjoy more snow at snow points of Marhi or Gulaba towards Rohtang Pass,
- enjoy shopping at Manali mall road and even stay there for a day or two,
For more details you can always refer the following links which contains details about accommodation options to sightseeing places in the entire circuit –
Please share your valuable comments and suggestions for what you feel about Tirthan Valley. If you have not been to Tirthan Valley then do check it out in your next travel plan 🙂 …