Srinagar – Leh Highway Status 2018 – 2019

• Max phuoc on #71544

Can anybody update Leh – srinagar highway status for october? I will make roadtrip around Leh from 13-20th october. Is it ok for visit Nubra, Pangong lake ?

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Neville on #71660

Does anyone have news about the road status in Mid to late October. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #71662

The Srinagar to Leh road will remain open throughout October. In general, it is OK to travel in October on Srinagar Leh Highway

Ryan Gasper on #73878

Any thoughts on Traveling the highway from leh to Srinagar during late November/early December. Any information would be helpful, I.e transport companies or where in Leh to find up to date traveling information. Thanks!

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2372
    Vinod Raman on #75308

Any thoughts on Traveling the highway from leh to Srinagar during late November/early December. Any information would be helpful, I.e transport companies or where in Leh to find up to date traveling information. Thanks!

Roads are closed in November and December due to snow. the only option is to take a flight

Nilavra Ghosh on #98160

I am eyeing for Zanskar valley in coming October. I know June to Sept is good but I want to see autumn colour and I have office work till September. I am planning to start from Srinagar on October 9 and complete Padum back to Kargil by October 15. I know it may snow anytime in October. In Manali Leh highway even if there is snowfall, BRO clears road in a day or two to keep it open at least til October end, what about Zanskar valley ? just in case the road is blocked due to snow, does BRO give support in October middle ? How long do they provide support to get the Kargil Padum route open ? Please let me know this information.

Hanshini on #129323

Hi Sir,
    Group of 10 aged people are planning to come to Srinagar by May 20 2019. Will the highway be opened and safe to travel for them. Kindly give your suggestions.
    Regards
    Hanshini

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • The forum ‘Road Status & Conditions’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend