Srinagar – Leh Highway Status 2018 – 2019

• dheerajsharma14 on #25348

Like last year, starting this sticky thread where we all can update the road status and conditions for Srinagar – Leh Highway for 2018 -19. We are sure this will help a lot of people making Ladakh trip in coming days over Srinagar – Leh Highway. BRO has begun the snow clearance operations on Srinagar – Leh Highway and as the snow is not that much this year, it should be expected that Srinagar – Leh Highway might open by the first week of May.

Read the complete guide for Srinagar – Leh Highway at the link: Travel Guide for Srinagar – Leh Highway

Read the kick-off article on DoW Blog for more details at the link: Srinagar Leh Highway Status 2018

Timings of Zojila Pass 2017: 14th May 2017

Drass to Sonamarg : 3 AM – 8 AM as by 9 AM you will have to Minamarg post which no vehicle will be allowed to cross Minamarg
    Sonamarg to Drass: 11 AM – 4 PM

For any assistance or inquiry, you may contact 0194-2485396, 2450022(TPCR Srinagar), 9419091281 (SSP Traffic Rural) and 9419604702 (DSP Traffic Ganderbal).

Current Srinagar – Leh Road Status: 1st March 2018: CLOSED

Rest of the updates on status of Srinagar – Leh Highway 2018 – 2019 will be published in reply under this thread here in our DoW Community.

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1
    sayak on #63060

Hi Dheeraj,

I’m planning to visit leh via Srinagar on the 15tg of june. Could you please help me with an update regarding the conditions there? And if it’s alright to visit during this time?

Thanks,

Sayak

Replies: 2359
    Vinod Raman on #63061

[tag]sayak[/tag]

As of now it looks alright. We’ll know exact conditions when road opens

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63062

Srinagar – Leh Highway Status Update = SNOW CLEARED

Srinagar – Leh Highway has been cleared of snow and soon the vehicles will be allowed for movement once road widening work completes in a next few days. BRO may allow vehicles movement over Zojila Pass connecting Srinagar to Leh in next few days

Participant
    Replies: 1
    rob150987 on #63059

Hi Dheeraj,

We are planning to visit Leh via Srinagar on the 18th of May. Could you please help me with an update regarding the road conditions there? And if it’s alright to visit Leh during this time?

Thanks,

Robin

Replies: 2359
    Vinod Raman on #63063

[tag]rob150987[/tag] The Sringar Leh highway via Zojila has been thrown open for light vehicular traffic, so you shouldnt face any difficulties on your dates. May is very good time to visit Ladakh

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63064

As of 7th April, Srinagar – Leh Highway has been opened up for light vehicles

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63301

There have been reports of fresh snowfall and few avalanches that has disrupted the movement of traffic on Srinagar – Leh Highway. As of now Srinagar – Leh Highway is closed.

Danielle Kavanagh on #63486

Hello, can you please give an update on leh-srinagar highway? Arriving to leh by flight on april 30th and hoping to get to srinagar within a few days by bus.
    Thank you,
    Dani

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63494

Srinagar – Leh Highway has been opened for traffic again

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63569

‎Rzz Khan‎ posted on the DeViL on WheeLs… Facebook Page Wall

Traveled on Leh -Dras – Srinagar highway yesterday. The road is perfectly clear of any snow etc. Temp at Leh was approx 7 deg C in da morning n almost 15 deg C plus by noon when I crossed Dras. The main tourist influx has not yet started n so the roads r perfect for riding. However, Bikers need to be well wrapped to avoid the wind – chill.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63996

Fresh updates shared by Tina,

Fresh 5cm snowfall in lower passes. Baralacha La shut. Karoo to Sarchu is fine. Sarchu to Keylong disrupted due to Heavy snow at Baralacha La. Zozila, on the other hand is clear. Traffic is slow but clear. Leh Srinagar Highway is a better deal for the next 4-5 days.

kindly plan your travel accordingly.

guri on #64363

Dheeraj sir looking to travel from srinagar to leh by car on 17 may …i think its the best time to avoid traffic ..sir so i should go ahead with my plan …roads are cleared or not

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #64384

Guri, roads are clear. Please keep an eye on news and in case of any issues, avoid staying at Srinagar and go directly to Sonamarg. Travel safe

Reetika on #64491

Hi Dheeraj,

I am following your blog & travel updates from past few months. And DOW is very helpful to plan our travels in Himalayas. This year we are planning trip to Leh via Srinagar from Delhi.
    As we are total of 5 Adults and 4 kids(aged 4,5,8,9 yrs) and traveling by XUV (2X4), need your advice on some of my queries:-
    1. Where and how bad are the bad patches on road from srinagar to leh to manali, as that will help me to plan my night haults accordingly?
    2. Is it advisable to stay at nubra valley, Pangong Tso and Tso Moriri? Tso moriri has -8 degree at night ?
    3. Do we really need oxygen cylinder during the trip? As we have already done Sangla – chitkul – Kaza – Kunzum Top – manali (thanks to your blog for that as well) and we didn’t feel the need of Oxygen cylinder there at any point.
    4. Suggestion for night haults on the way from leh to manali.
    5. Is there any shooting stone effected area on srinagar – leh – nubra – pangong – moriri – manali stretch? As we have an encounter with shooting stone on Nako – Kaza road, so bit skeptical about it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reetika

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
Reply To: Srinagar – Leh Highway Status 2018 – 2019
Your information:

Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend