PWD Sarahan Or Hotel Srikhand, HPTDC OR Bhimkali Temple Lodge, first floor rooms.
Good stay options in Sangla / Baspa Valley which are moderate budget ones I know in preference order:
- Kailash View Camps, just beside the Baspa River at Rackcham. Mr. Naresh Negi: 09805380746. I would like to go with this and stay at camps here of course in own camps. This way whole group can stay together who have their own camps.
- Rupin River View Guest House at Rakcham
- Chitkul has some home stays and guest houses. Preferable to book on the spot for all including Panchali Guest House in Chitkul
- Chitkul:Thakur Guest House – Ph:+91-8988209604 , +91-8894464604
- Prakash Guest House at Sangla: 9816283268, or 01786-242611, 01786-242218, 94182 75062, mohanprakash
- Kinner Villa, Kalpa | Hotel Review
- Kalpa: Hotel Rakpa Regency – Ph: 01786226587
- Kalpa: Chini Bunglow – Ph: +91-9805495656
There are other options too which are costly and I can share if anyone require it
Other stay options in Tabo:
- Siddharth Guest House
- Tow Dhey Guest House run by Anil Bodh: 09418271129, 09418537574
- PWD Rest House
- Monastery Guest House – Call Dhani Ram at +91-8988107473 , +91-9418984340, email: [email protected]
Pin Valley (Mud Village)
Other Options of stay in Pin Valley:
- Tara Guest House can be contacted at 08988062293, 9418365251/9418441453/9418571167/8991723015. Most likely will take the help of Tara Guest House only to setup camps here.
- Pin Parvati Guest House can be contacted at 9418571167/8991723015
- Snow Valley Guest House can be contacted at 9418985242/8991723015
- None other than Tsering bhai at Sakya Abode who received the Devil’s Den Award and to be frank I always stay with him Only … Detailed Review of Snow Lion Kaza: Sakya Abode Kaza – An Enriching Experience in Spiti Valley
Other options of stay at Kaza:
- Hotel Spiti Sarai, Contact Ramesh Lotey 09418439247. If you not interested with Snow Lion or Sakya Abode or Kumphen or Sakya Homestays even, then you can check with Ramesh ji of Spiti Sarai too. Very nice place to stay, about 7 KMs from Kaza.
- More economic can go with Circuit House or PWD Rest House. Call 01906-222202 and send fax 01906-222215 or 01906222416. Check the article on how to book pwd rest house in Himachal at the link: https://devilonwheels.com/index.php/pwd-rest-house-frh-himachal-booking-process/
There isn’t anything else here apart from temporary camps setup by local Bishan Thakur – Parasol Camps & Retreats at Chandratal and few others. You can contact Bishan of Parasol Camps at 09418845817, 09459910098, Nawag: 09459073908, 01906-200204. You can write to them at [email protected], [email protected] …. The camps are more spacious, have mattresses & quilts and very comfortable. He does have have dining area & covered washrooms, if required.
You can refer DoW or my name to Bishan and he will surely offer whatever best in his capacity. We did stay with him at DoW Mega Meet and everything was managed very well by Bishan.
Well, there is all famous Batal Chandra Dhabha of Dorje Uncle which has room for 7-8 people on one side and on the other side they may allow you to stay if there is space available. Most of the space where food is served is occupied by workers and the Dhaba family itself, so if you are lucky you may get space to sleep there as well. They charge Rs 100 per person for a night stay and provide quilts as well. You can take as many quilts as available with them and if not in use by anyone.
There is a PWD Rest House as well now at Batal and you can take rooms there and eat at Chandra Dhabha with Dorje Uncle and Aunty ji. 08991722020 is the contact number of satellite phone at Batal and you can inquire from him if Dorje uncle can book a PWD Rest House room for you or couple of igloo type huts just in front of Batal dhabha that can save you from cold winds in the evening or night.
As far as accommodation at bank of Chandratal Lake is concerned, it has been banned by the GOVT. lately so you need to pitch tents along side the parking site which is about 2.5 KMs from the lake from where you need to hike this remaining distance. Please respect the rules and nature else one day it will punish in its own way.
Other options of stay at Manali:
- There are loads of options here but my all time favorite is Johnsons. You can read the review here: Johnson Lodge | Manali
- You can also go over and stay at Naggar Castle: https://devilonwheels.com/index.php/hotel-naggar-castle-naggar/
- HPTDC, Kunzum or Beas
- Khushbu Resorts
- Cheaper or economic ones can be found on Manali – Naggar Road