Routes Banned in Leh Ladakh

• RajeevB on #25320

Hi

Heard that some routes

Agam Shyok

Merak Chushul tsagala

Hanle

All are banned for this season.

Just want to know does it effect the basic itinerary of Leh Ladakh trip. I mean Nubra, Pangong Rohtang.

Rajeev

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9210
    Dheeraj Sharma on #62953

RajeevB wrote:

Hi

Heard that some routes

Agam Shyok

Merak Chushul tsagala

Hanle

All are banned for this season.

Just want to know does it effect the basic itinerary of Leh Ladakh trip. I mean Nubra, Pangong Rohtang.

Rajeev

Hey Rajeev, we have not heard of any such banning of the routes.

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 8
    SunilDhir on #62954

Yeah Rajiv,

As per the information that I have received from some of my friends traveling to Leh, the routes around Hanle have been temporarily been stopped for tourists due to some bikers trying to force their way to Umling La. But that is for travel beyond Hanle. The route till Hanle, I believe would be open after the seasonal repair is complete. Just keep on checking.

The rest of the routes are okay and pretty fine to travel. I have heard about similar repair going on the Agham- Shyok road and that’s the reason it’s off limits this season.

But if you want to travel to Pangong directly from Nubra, then you can take the Wari La route as it is still on the tourist map for this season.

I’ll let you know if any other information comes my way.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63230

Thank you for sharing the details.

Rajeev Bhargava on #63844

Also, is permit required for travelling to Nubra, Hunder, Diskit, Turtuk and Pangong this year. I had visited the same in 2016 and didn’t needed any permit. And if yes, earlier I heard it could be obtained online but lately they have stopped that also. You need to get it from DC office in leh. Please clear the Air.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63857

Update April 2017 = Pay environment fees and apply for permits again
    The environment fees of Rs 400 & Inner Line Permits is required in Ladakh for Indian Tourists / Nationals with effect from April 1st, 2017. This has been announced in April 2017. Hence, like it used to happen before 2014, all Indian Nationals or Indian Tourists WILL need to pay environment fees and may need to also get the inner line permits in Leh – Ladakh region in order to visit the restricted places like Dah, Hanu Villages, Pangong Tso, Man, Merak, Tso Moriri, Nyoma, Loma Bend, Khardung La, Nubra Valley, Turtuk, Tyakshi, Digger La, Tangyar (for trekking only).
    For details on inner line permits process and to download application form read the link All you want to know about Inner Line Permits for Ladakh. Page 1 is Protected Area Permit applicable for foreigners. Fill in Page 2, 3 for Inner Line Permit applicable for Indians, got to DC office in Leh and submit the application with valid Photo ID nationality proof and pay the required fee of Rs 400 + Rs 20 x number of days you will be in Ladakh.

It is better to get the permit from DC office only as even after getting the permit online, you need to visit DC Office or Tourist Information Center Leh to pay the fee.

Amit on #63870

Hi Dheeraj,

Are there any changes in allowed routes for foreigners or any additional paper work this year as compared to what is listed in Inner line protected area permit?

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63893

No Amit, no changes for foreigners on the allowed routes.

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 18
    RajeevB on #63985

Yesterday, theres a news that a tourist has been killed by stone pelters as he was travelling to Gulmarg from Srinagar. I dont think its safe to halt in Srinagar or visit Pahalgam (similar incident also occurred there also). Do you suggest we should skip all these areas and head directly to Sonamarg instead.

Thanks

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63998

Looking at the present situation, better to skip and stay at Sonamarg.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #64005

Also, the permit for Hanle has started issuing. However, Loma Checkpost is not accepting the permit for now. I believe they are waiting for the checkpost to be installed near Hanle for Umling La pass and then only they will start allowing the tourists to travel to Hanle.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Routes Banned in Leh Ladakh
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend