DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Ride to NEHAsthan

• Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 234
    sajalsheth on #63306

Daughters are the most precious Gift of God.
    This time to meet my younger daughter NEHA SHETH , I rode 3630 kms (1801+1829) on my Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS motorcycle for 6 days , covering 5 states. My name is SAJAL SHETH & My age is 52. I am share sub-broker by profession. This ride was from Cuttack, Odisha to Jaipur, and Rajasthan on my Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS motorcycle via Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & Rajasthan.

My daughter NEHA studies B.Tech (C&CE) 1st year at Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ), Rajasthan. This ride was only to meet her. Hence I named this ride as

“Ride To NEHAsthan”

I feel it is very important to educate girl child, not just graduate but they should be highly educated. In this world of uncertainty only education will help her ultimately. I wanted to carry and give this message through this ride also. So I choose “EDUCATE GIRL CHILD” as message of this ride. This is part of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao.

My ride was well appreciated by 15 different News Papers, mainly of Jaipur; Rajasthan They published my travel story simultaneously on 11.4.2018.

1) Dainik Navjoti
    2) Dainik Bhaskar
    3) City Bhaskar Jaipur
    4) Daily News 360 Metro Mix
    5) Desert Times
    6) Rajasthan Khoj Khabar
    7) Punjab Kesri Jaipur
    8 ) Rashtradoot Jaipur
    9) Patrika plus citylive
    10) Patrika
    11) WebDuniya (14.4.18)
    12) Samachar Jagat (12.4.2018)
    13) Vaishali Patrika (12.4.2018)
    14) Sanmarg ,Odisha ( 12.4.2018)
    15) The Times of India, Mangalore (31.3.2018)

I am most thankful to Registrar of Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) Dr.Vandana Suhag and President of MUJ Sri Gopalakrishna Prabhu for their recognition and good wishes. I am also thankful to Dr.Ramesh Kumar Rawat , Associate Professor, Department of Journalism and mass Communication (MUJ) for the media coverage.
    I also thank India’s human GPS Sri HV Kumar sir for his road guidance.
    In all my past big rides, HV Kumar Sir has always helped me and guided me for crucial route planning, for which I am always obliged to him.
    The credit for success of this ride goes to my supporting wife Bina Sheth . Foundations of such great rides were laid by my elder daughter Isha Sheth , when I first went riding to meet her in 2013.

#BetiBachaoBetiPadhao
    Some highlights of the ride via pictures:-

#BetiBachaoBetiPadhao

This ride with such message was well appreciated by Registrar of MUJ Dr.Vandana Suhag and President of MUJ Dr G.K.Prabhu.

Index:-
    1) Ride Planning and route finalization
    2) Day 1 =27th March,2018 = Cuttack to Barhi
    3) Day 2 = 28th March,2018 = Barhi to Kanpur
    4) Day 3 = 29th March,2018 = Kanpur to Manipal University Jaipur
    5) Day 4= 30th March,2018 = Meeting dignitaries of Manipal University Jaipur
    6) Day 5 = 31st March,2018 = Sariska National Park
    7) Day 6 = 1st April,2018 = Sariska to Manipal University Jaipur and around
    8) Day 7 = 2nd April,2018 = Manipal University Jaipur to Fatehpur
    9) Day 8 = 3rd April,2018 = Fatehpur to Hazaribag
    10) Day 9 = 4th April,2018 = Hazaribag to Cuttack

I thank my wife Bina Sheth and ALL others who directly or indirectly helped me to fulfill this dream.

Some of Media Coverage link are under.

https://www.bhaskar.com/rajasthan/jaipur/news/c-10-LCL-1800-kilometers-of-motorcycle-this-father-came-to-meet-the-daughter-jp0980-NOR.html?version=2
    https://www.bhaskar.com/rajasthan/jaipur/news/c-10-LCL-1800-kilometers-of-motorcycle-this-father-came-to-meet-the-daughter-jp0980-NOR.html?seq=2
    https://www.bhaskar.com/rajasthan/jaipur/news/c-10-LCL-1800-kilometers-of-motorcycle-this-father-came-to-meet-the-daughter-jp0980-NOR.html?seq=3
    http://epaper.navajyoti.net/htdocs/epaper/edition/13298/jaipur-city/page/4
    http://epaper.patrika.com/1614527/Rajasthan-Patrika-Jaipur/Rajasthan-Patrika-Jaipur#page/22
    http://epaper.bhaskar.com/jaipur/jaipur-city-bhaskar/34/11042018/0/2/
    http://epaper.dailynews360.com/1614537/Metro-Mix/11-04-2018#page/2
    http://epaper.rashtradoot.com/1613695/RASHTRADOOT-JAIPUR/11april2018#page/2/1
    http://epaper.punjabkesari.com/Home/index?Edition=45&Date=MTEvMDQvMjAxOA==&Page=0

1800 किलोमीटर का सफर बाइक पर तय किया, अपनी बेटी से मिलने एमयूजे आए सजल सेठ

http://www.readwhere.com/read/1613510#page/2
    https://www.patrika.com/jaipur-news/
    https://www.patrika.com/jaipur-news/beti-bachao-beti-padhao-man-ride-1800-km-on-bike-to-meet-daughter-2629134/

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9211
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63322

Good to see it here as well Sajal bhai !! Thanks for sharing and putting up the journey brief here as well. Its nice of you to cover the noble cause with you.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant
    sajalsheth on #63327

Thanks @Dheeraj Sharma Sir

Participant
    sajalsheth on #63542

@Dheeraj Sir , I am not able to post next update here .

Good to see it here as well Sajal bhai !! Thanks for sharing and putting up the journey brief here as well. Its nice of you to cover the noble cause with you.

@Dheeraj Sir , I am not able to post next update here .

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63548

Sajal bhai, what kind of issue are you facing. It seems replies are working as you could post a reply.

Participant
    sajalsheth on #63572

I am not able to post my next update.

Error is shown in attached picture file

Attachments:

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63581

Ride Planning & Preparation

My Past Rides.

I am riding since age of 16.
    So I have 36 years of riding experience & done many small and big rides.
    These are worth mentioning :-

1) Solo ride from Cuttack to Ranchi & back: – 3 days ride for 1095 km.

2) Distance Is Not A Measurement For True Love Of A Father :- 8 days solo ride from Cuttack to Manipal & back for 3865 km, just to meet my daughter = Travelogue Link

3) Solo maiden ride to Ladakh and Zanskar for 19 days for 3987 km = Dream > Explore > Discover =Zanskar & Ladakh Bike Ride, June 2014 = Travelogue Link

4) Solo ride to Deomali -Highest peak of Odisha & Duduma – Three big waterfalls at one place – Three days ride for 1263 km = Travelogue Link

5) MahendraGiri – Second highest mountain peak of Odisha – Three days group ride for 750 kms = Travelogue Link

6) S 3 = Sohra , Sandakphu & Sikkim – 4464 KM for 19 days- Travelogue Link

Also done many other rides around Odisha for 200 km to 700 km.

Ride Planning:-

My last big ride was Cherapunjee, Sandakphu & Sikkim in September- October 2015. After that I could not do any big / long rides. I did many small & medium rides across Odisha with xBhp:Bhubaneswar ride group for 1-2 days. And among those Ride to Chilika was a special one, as I rode with my daughter Neha. It was a group ride of 42 riders & we rode to Chilika Mouth from Puri Beach via beach route.

In these rides I always donated clothes, Saris & Dhotis to poor and needy people. My friend Pramod Chhapolia was providing me Saris & Dhotis to be distributed to needy ones in interior part of Odisha. And of course toffees were distributed to children whom I met during rides.
    I experienced Joy of Giving in all these.

Preparation:-

I also did cycling regularly to keep myself fit for next big ride.

I was missing my younger daughter Neha since months, as she was studying B.Tech(C&CE) at Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ). So I decided to meet her in a special way by riding bike to Rajasthan from Odisha. This special ride to meet her will make her happy & proud. I finalized an appropriate date of ride with help of my wife BINA.

Route finalization:-

I started studying maps, Google Maps & Google Earth were very helpful for this. I had two options for routes.
    A) Via central India Raipur- Sagar – Jhansi – Gwalior – Agra – Jaipur
    B) Via G.T Road Ranchi- Allahabad – Kanpur – Agra – Jaipur.

As my age is 52, this time I decided to ride only on good highways avoiding state roads. So I consulted with India’s human GPS H.V.KUMAR Sir for road guidance. He suggested me to ride via Ranchi – Barhi – Varanasi- Allahabad – Kanpur – Agra – Jaipur route for good wide road all the way with many eateries and night stay options on the way.
    I am always thankful to Sri H.V.Kumar Sir , as he always guided me in all my past long rides for crucial route planning.

As I was going to ride SOLO for around 3600 kms , I need to be prepared fully for the ride. I went to my Expert Bajaj Pulsar mechanic SABBAS BHAI and get my bike fully checked up.

Then I made a flag for the message of this ride & got the message “Educate Girl Child” flex printed, which can be easily readable and noticeable.

I took my old Viaterra Claw and waist pouch (both purchased in 2013) along with a new backpack. I purchased one bike mobile phone holder mount accessory for GPS navigation with USB charger by CHEVIK from Amazon for Rs.829. I also purchase one Air Seat for Rs.1970. Both mobile charges cum holder and Air seat were very helpful during this ride.

Lastly, I went to SaiBaba Temple seeking His Blessings for success and safety of this ride.

Now I was fully set for RIDE to NEHAsthan.

Click HERE for next update.

Participant
    sajalsheth on #63582

Thanks Deeraj Sir for posting on my behalf

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63589

No Sajal bhai thanks to you for sharing these wonderful rides with us. I hope next time you will not face the issues. Try converting the image tags in right format using the newly enabled toolbar 🙂

Participant
    sajalsheth on #63639

Day 1 = 27th March, 2018.
    Cuttack to Barhi.
    Total kms 605

Yesterday night, I packed up my luggage, tied flag on bike, lubricated chain and slept, but was eagerly waiting for morning alarm. I got up many times in mid night and checked time. Finally got up early morning and got ready. I was ready to leave after tying luggage on bike at 5.45 AM.
    My first stop was at petrol pump to top up tank. Second stop was at Panikoli – Anandpur Toll Plaza at 7.30 AM. I was using fb messenger to update my position and uploading pictures there on my stops/breaks. One was updated to my family group and other one to xBhp:Bhubanswar group.

I had breakfast at Ghatgaon, which was not so good.
    Then I crossed Keonjhar and took a short break near Jhumpura.

Road condition from start till Rimuli was excellent, all 4 lane roads.

From Rimuli road became 2 lanes. I crossed Jaintgarh, Haat Gamhariya, Jorapokhar & Chaibasa. From Chaibasa I took Chakradharpur road via Khunti & Ranchi. Both Chaibasa and Chakradharpur had little traffic jams. I had crossed Odisha and was riding in Jharkhand. I had to cross Saranda Singhbhum Forest Range , which had bad roads in many patches. It was 1 pm already and I was looking for lunch options.

At around .30pm I crossed Hirni Waterfall of Jharkhand.

Although these were hill areas, but there was too much temperature. I was drinking lots of water to keep me hydrated.

At around 2.PM , I found a dhaba “Panchghagh line hotel”. I decided to stop here and have lunch.

To my surprise, food was very tasty.

I crossed Khunti and was nearing Ranchi. Then I stopped at Usha Martin University, which was in premises of my friend Thomas.

I called my friend Thomas and told him that I reached to his property. He arranged cold drink etc there. I also enquired him about bypass road of Ranchi. After that break I again started for Ramgarh – Hazaribag at 3.30 PM.

Ranchi is a big city and it takes lots of time to cross it, even using bypass.

Heat and traffic both decreased my speed and I had to take breaks. This was at 4:30PM.

Going ahead I saw a sigh board of Tropic of Cancer – 100 meters ahead.

It was around 4.45PM, I was little happy to be present near Tropic of Cancer line.

I again stopped at Kark Rekha or Tropic of Cancer Line.

This line was prominently marked on road also.

As a memory I posed there also.

After that the roads were downhill only. At 5.40pm I took another short break.

There were lots of trucks now moving on these roads. My plan was to reach SherGhati near Gaya, which was again 140 kms from there. It was 6.15 pm by then.

There were long queues of trucks at Hazaribag bypass also. And there was road construction going on between Hazaribag and Barhi. I somehow crossed Hazaribag. Then after sunset I realized that my headlight had stopped working !!
    This was a trouble for me. I inquired about local mechanic and came to know that there was one 4 kms ahead. I used my indicator light and somehow slowly managed to more ahead. As there was road construction going on it was difficult to locate mechanic garage. I was riding at a speed of 20 kmph due to no head light problem. After more search I found one mechanic.
    I called my Cuttack mechanic about this problem in bike, but he did not pick up call. But by the Grace of God, this mechanic was also good one. He opened my head light unit and found that the earthing was damaged and hence the head light stopped working. He could fix this problem in half an hour.

He asked me about my flag thing and where I was going. I told him about my ride and ride message. His house was next to his garage/shop only. He called his wife and small daughter and told them about me. I explained the necessity of educating girls in today’s life and both were very impressed and they told me that they will surely educate their girl.
    He charged me Rs.50 only for this repair. After getting back on road, I realized that I should have taken a photo with his family.

While my bike was repaired, Siddhant Mishra called me from Bhubaneswar about my current position. I told him about my bike problem so that he can update my ride group. In case of any further bike issue, group would use their contacts to solve my bike problems or pull me out of any other issue.

I was again back on roads but riding slowly. Due to dark I was riding slowly at 40-50 kmph only. I am having difficulty riding on night time. If any light fall on me from opposite side vehicles , then I cannot see fully & my visibility reduced a lot. I somehow reached Barhi at 7.30PM. I searched for hotel for night stay with safe bike parking.
    I stayed at Hotel Om Palace, Gaya Road, Barhi for Rs.600. Temperature had dropped at lot so I took non a/c room.
    (This picture was clicked on next day morning)

The BSNL mobile signal is poor at Barhi. Internet was also working very slowly. I somehow contacted my wife and told her about bike problem and that I have stayed at Barhi now. I had dinner at a Dhaba roadside.

Total Ride for the day was 605 kms only. Whereas the planned target was of 660 km till Sherghati, Bihar. The problem in head light delayed me. I thought of making up this 55 kms shortfall of next day.

(This picture was clicked on next day morning)

My ride map for the day

Participant
    sajalsheth on #63641

Sir
    I used toolbar for img , then also I cannot post my next update

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63643

Sajal bhai, replies are being made but they are coming as pending for approval. I just approved it and it showed up.

Participant
    sajalsheth on #63747

Day 2 = 28th March, 2018
    Barhi to Kanpur
    Total 625 Kms

I started at around 6.45 AM. As per my original plan, I was to reach Etawah by the end of day 2. But I was short by 70 kms yesterday. So reaching Etawah would be possible only if I get good roads.
    The road from Barhi onwards was GT Road & was very good 4 lane road. Now I needed to top up petrol. I crossed Chouparan and I saw an IOC petrol pump on left side, but since I was in speed I thought of filling in next petrol pump. I cross Falgu River Bridge and again saw an IOC fuel pump on left side at Barachatti. I was surprised to find two IOC pump in such short distance. I filled up petrol there. But to my shock, price was around Rs.5 more than Jharkhand. Previous petrol pump I missed was in Jharkhand and this one was in Bihar.

Traffic here onwards was very unpredictable. Many two wheelers were riding on wrong side with speed. So my speed reduced out of fear. I used to ride at 90+ kmph speed, but now after entering Bihar it was 60-70 kmph only due to unsystematic traffic.

At around 8.15 AM I again crossed Falgu River & right road ahead goes to Gaya/ Bodh Gaya.

I though it is good point to click a photo of mine also, keeping camera on mini tripod on barricade.

I crossed Sherghati and Aurangabad. Then came a bridge with lots of sand. It was bridge on Sone River near Dehri-on-sone. From the starting of this bridge the road conditional deteriorated. There were lots of tractors carrying sand and half of road was filled with sand they dropped. The road was filled with unregulated traffic and lots of sand. There was road widening and repairs going on till Handia(just before Allahabad bypass). I crossed Sasaram, Mohania & In between I took a short break these at around 11AM. Heat was increasing & I had to keep my Bandana wet to protect me from heat.

I crossed Chandauli and at around 12.45PM I was on Ganga Bridge of Varanasi.

I was able to see holiest river Ganga after a very long time.

I could see Varanasi City on the Banks of Ganga on my ride side.

I called up my daughters on FB messenger group chat and send them a video from that Ganga River Bridge.

Two local persons stopped near me to throw coin on river. I asked them to click a picture of mine there.

It was time taking crossing Varanasi bypass, which had lots of traffic. There was a big jam on a toll collection point. I took lunch on a road side dhaba.

Lots of trees were being cut for road widening between Varanasi to Allahabad bypass. Somehow I crossed those areas in that heat. I used to take breaks at Petrol pumps where I used to drink lots of water and kept my bandana wet.
    Then I came on Allahadad bypass at 3.50 PM.

Kanpur was 241 kms far from here.

This Allahabad Bypass Expressway is of 82 kms long. I could ride again at a speed of 90+ kmph. But suddenly my bike’s fuel warning light started blinking. I was riding in reserve now. Due to heat and lots of traffic I forgot to fill petrol after lunch. To my surprise, there were NO Petrol pump on this Expressway Bypass on left side ie when you are going towards west towards Kanpur. But I found one after riding for 40 kms on right side. This was HPCL petrol pump, I had to cross road at broken barricade and go on wrong side to fill up petrol. Imagine if I had missed this petrol pump then there was no petrol pump for another 40 kms. That means I would have run out of petrol. Imagine pushing bike for even 10 kms on highway would be a big problem.

Anyway, then I crossed Fatehpur and by 7 PM I was nearing Kanpur. As it was dark already, I postponed my plan to reach Etawah and decided to stay at Kanpur only. I was riding on flyovers of Jhansi Kanpur Highway. My internet was not working since afternoon. I asked a two wheeler rider for any nearby hotel for night stay. He was helpful person and he rode with me for 4 kms to show me Hotel Manoj International on GT Road. I thanked him and inquired about rooms at hotel. It was a costly hotel and no rooms below Rs.2200 were available. I asked two persons coming out of hotel about room with less rent in nearby areas. They suggested me to ride further ahead for 4 kms till Kanpur Central Railway Station, there I will get lots of choice for hotels for night stay. I reached at Nehru Park Ghanta Ghar Chouraha and found “Hotel The Central Guest House”. I checked in there for Rs.660 only for a room with cooler. This is a spacious hotel for night stay on main area with lots of shops and eateries nearby.
    I called up my wife and told about my night stay location after check in. There is a take away eatery just at entrance of Hotel Central Guest House. I ordered Kadhi-Rice Salad there and had a glass of lassi.

So total ride for the day was 625 kms only. I was now 162 kms short of my original plan. By tomorrow evening I should be with my daughter.

My ride map of the day.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63775

Wonderful tips and journey Sajal bhai so far….

Participant
    sajalsheth on #64126

Day 3 = 29th March, 2018
    Kanpur to Jaipur
    Total 571 Kms

Today I was very excited as I was going to meet my daughter. I got up early and washed my bike and lubricated chain. Manager of Central Guest House came and guided me about the best route to exit Kanpur city and also clicked a photo of mine with my bike & flag.

Today I need to ride from most polluted Cities of the world, ie Kanpur, Agra and Jaipur amongst others.

I could feel pollution while riding at 7 AM also. I passed most part of Kanpur city on fly over. At 7.45 AM, I took my first break.

At 8.15AM I had breakfast on road side hotel. I had puri sabji there.

Also took a picture outside of that hotel with my message flag.

Then I crossed Etawah, but then the road was under construction. I was on Lucknow Agra Express Highway at 10.25 AM. I had pay toll of Rs.75 for my bike also. For the first time in my life I was paying toll for two wheeler on NH. But the road was worth it.

What a road it was.

Although we are not supposed to stop there, but then also it was too tempting for a rider who rides there for first time.

I stopped again at 10.45 AM for some pictures on that great road.

Agra was another 69 kms from there.

I could ride with will throttle of my bike, but as the wind was from opposite side, I could maintain a speed of 110+ for a very long time.

I really enjoyed riding on this express way. There was very less traffic and I could feel very safe riding at a speed of more than 100+ kmph.

At exit point near Agra again my toll receipt was checked. I was at Agra at around 12.15PM. I had original plan to visit Taj Mahal from Yamuna River side. I had planned my night stay for second day at Etawah originally. But I could reach upto Kanpur only yesterday. So I dropped my plan to visit Taj Mahal and moved towards Fatehpur Sikri.
    But it was very hot our there and I had difficulty in crossing Agra city in that afternoon time. There was lots of traffic on the road and it tool lot of time to cross Agra.

At 1.15 PM, I crossed Fatehpur Sikri.

There were lots of dhabas on that road. I stopped at one and had roti dal salad.

I called my daughter and told her that I may reach at around 5 to 6 PM only.
    I crossed Baratpur at around 2.20 PM.

The temperature was very high now onwards. I was having difficulty in riding in that hot temperature. I had to take lots of frequent breaks for drinking water. I stopped at a hotel for lassi. They offered me a water bottle from their fridge also.

Again I stopped at 3PM to click a photo of flock of camels on road. When you are in Rajasthan, you can see lots of camels on road.

Again I took a break at a petrol pump. I had taken two water bottles, but due to heat the water inside those became too hot to drink. I refilled my bottles at Petrol pump.
    Due to flag on my bike many people in petrol pumps and pit stops were asking me about that flag. At 4PM, I met Mr. Gurjar ji of Dausa at a petrol pump, we had some discussion on “Educate girl child”.

Then I crossed Dausa. It was very difficult to ride at higher speed due to temperature and small dust storms on road. I was tired riding in that high temperature, but I used to think about my daughter and again I was excited to see her smiling face and restart my ride.
    So it was a fight in my mind between hot air on road and my daughter’s smile, in which I could win over high temperature of Jaipur. I reached Jaipur at 5.45 PM and took the Ajmer bypass using GPS of my phone. I crossed Jaipur city and reached Dehmi Kalan at 6.35 PM.

This was my first view of Manipal University Jaipur’s sign board. I was arriving on my destination after three days of bike ride.

I called my daughter and told that I was about to reach. She told me that she is already waiting since an hour outside. I reach Manipal University Jaipur(MUJ) at 6.40PM and there she was waiting for me with a fruit juice and some gifts for me. This was the memorable moment for us. What more I could ask in that moment.

She gave me a hug and I could just manage to control my tears from falling. All my fatigue and tiredness had gone after seeing her smiling face. I was very much happy to be with her.

I had juice bought by her. I gave her laddus prepared my wife Bina. Some of them were broken due to this 1801 kms bike journey. But love of her mother was intact in them.

She gave me those gift which she bought specially for me. I was not less than any super hero for her at that time.

She told me that how much she was missing me from the time I started my journey 1800 kms away.

She bought all this for me.

Each gift from her was very special for me.

Then we entered her YOHO Hostel, where a room was booked for me in boys section. I paid Rs.800 for a student’s room. We had dinner together at hosted mess. Next day she had a class in morning till 11 AM, then we had planned to go to Sariska National Park after meeting Registrar and President of Manipal University Jaipur.

Total kms for the last way were 571 kms.

This was my ride map for the day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
Reply To: Ride to NEHAsthan
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend