Hi. Me and a few friends have decided to go to Ladakh in winters this time, after visiting in summers last year. We plan to go in the month of February, and I would like to know :-
1. Weather conditions- what temperatures can be expected? Most of us have been to Ladakh before and could deal with the altitude sickness, how different will it be in winters?
2. What places are accessible in the winters? Where are decent overnight stays possible, with running water, except for Leh?
3. An extension of second question, what are some good hotels that remain open in winters in Leh? Budget is not a problem. We have a couple of girls with us, so will need running water, preferably hot.
4. How much do the taxi guys charge in winters? Assuming a 5-7 day itinerary.
5. How many buffer days should be kept in case of delays due to road blocks? Is it advisable to book return flights in advance?
Thanks for your help