Our rough tour plan to Kumaon in the month of November

Posted In: Itinerary Advice

• deba2164 on #25335

Dear Dheerajji & Anilbhai

As I have told you earlier ,this year we have planned to visit some selected places of Kumaon in the month of November Last year we visited Garhwal region and a lot of assistance we got ,right from important information ,transport,road condition to possible accommodation.This would not be possible without your guidance.The basic things will remain unchanged for this year also.

1.We are a aged couple would like to visit some particular places of Kumaon which is 2nd time visit in this region .

2. We have no private vehicle but to depend on public transport /share jeep service to reach one place to another.Enough time have been allotted sothat we can complete the entire tour slowly as per your itinerary.

3.We do not wish to book accommodation in advance.

Below is the rough plan which is subject to alteration as per your guidance.

3rd November we are arriving haldwani by direct train from Howrah and will try to reach Mukeswar via Bhowali /Ramgarh by bus /share cab.

4th-Mukteswar

5th and 6th -Almora

7th and 8th -chakori

9th and 10th-Munsiyari

11th-Bageswar/Baijnath

12th-13th -Gwaldam

14th-Kausani

15th and 16th- Nainital

17th and 18th -Ramnagar (Jim Corbett NP)

19th November-train from Moradabad for Howrah at about 2.00 pm

please examine the tour plan carefully.I can alter this plan if it needs.Almora chakori,baijnath Bageswar,Kausani Nainital-we have visited earlier including lohaghat,pithoragarh,mayabati,Patal-B ,gangolihat side.

your valuable suggestions and important guidance are needed for transport options ,accommodation and weather condition to visit these places in the month of November.

regards

Debasish

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2359
    Vinod Raman on #63024

posting reply of Anil Bhai / [tag]mosederbaer[/tag]

Quote:

Dada welcome to the forum once again and accept my apologies for the delayed reply to u your post. Now comes to your itinerary which looks quite ok to me even then will just suggest some changes in it.

3rd November- arrive kathgodam and take a shared Jeep either directly to mukteshwar or hop on, one going to bhowali and then change from there. I have never stayed there overnight so don’t really have idea about the accommodation options so it would be good if you search on the net.

4th- from mukteshwar to almora via seetla estate, khwarb it should be 3 to 4 hours by public transport. Almora has plenty of hotels so no need to worry about that. Here I will suggest to stay for one night only. It is very crowded and not much to see.

5th- Almora to chaukori via berinag, seraghat, rairagar should be 6 hours at least so do start accordingly. Chaukori has kmvn rest house and few private hotels. Now 3 km before chaukori, there is udiyari bend which has a budget stay option named shah hotel and bhojnalaya. Rooms are basic but cheap.

6th- stay at chaukori.

7th- chaukori to munsiyari via thal is at least 6 hours by Jeep. Munsiyari has plenty of hotels, panditji lodge, hayat paradise, bugyal East end rooms etc.

8th- munsiyari.

9th- munsiyari to thal and then to bageshwar should take 6 to 8 hours. Overnight at bageshwar. You will easily find stay options.

10th- bageshwar to baijnath and then to gwaldam should be 5 to 6 hours. Gwaldam has hotel trishul and kmvn for stay.

11th- gwaldam.

12th- gwaldam to kausani via baijnath, garur. It should take 4 hours. Kausani has plenty of options for stay. One is hotel Shivam which is located on the way to kmvn rest house. It has basic but cheaper rooms with good views.

13th- kausani.

14th- kausani to dwarahat (3 to 4 hours) via someshwar, gagas. Try if you can get a place there for stay. If you find one then can stay there overnight. From here, visit dunagiri temple (13 km from dwarahat).

15th- dwarahat to Manila via chaukhutiya, maasi, jainal should be 4 to 6 hours. Manila is a peaceful place with no tourist crowd. It has two stay options, next to each other.

16th manila.

17th Manila to ramnagar (75 kms) and should take 6 hours at the max. Now I have never been to Corbett so you will have to find about the stay options and sightseeing (on net).

18th- Corbett.

19th- from ram nagar to Moradabad is about 90 km which will take approximately 5 hours by bus.

Now according to your convenience, you can cut or add days at any of these places. Please post if you more questions.

Hope it helps…

Participant
    Replies: 35
    deba2164 on #63025

Dear Anilbhai

thanks for your valuable input.

I understand from your reply that a thorough change is needed in previous tour plan .

3rd we are going to Nainital from Lalkuan as the train which operates from howrah,terminates at lalkuan .

4th -Nainital

5th MUKTESWAR

6TH either Mukteswar or Almora

7th -Almora

8th -udiery Bend /chakouri

9th -munsiyari

10th -munsiyari

11th-bageswar /baijnath for one night halt

12th and 13th -gwaldam

14th- ranikhet

15th -16th -manila

17th-18th-ramnagar

19th -train to howrah from Moradabad

have tried to revise the earlier plan .as we are going 2nd time to that region , have excluded the places we visited earlier.we have to depend on public transport/shared jeep to arrive from point to point.that also should be considered.availability of cheap accommodation is also a factor.

please review the revised plan once again and let me know if any additional day is required.Also share with me if you have any specific input on availability of share jeep from one place to another.

how do We go to manila directly from ranikhet and from Manila to ramnagar by bus or share jeep?are they available frequently?.

Take your time and reply.God bless you and your family.

regards

Participant
    deba2164 on #64206

Dear Anilbhai

I have revised the tour plan as per your opinion. please check and back to me .

Participant
    deba2164 on #70327

Dear Anilbhai/dheerajji

Participant
    deba2164 on #70331

Dear Dheerajji/ Anilbhai
    our Kumaon tour in the month of November is almost final.
    below is our tour plan :-
    10th we are arriving Nainital from lalkuan rly station by share jeep.
    10th and 11th we are at nainital
    12th Mukteswar by local transport via Bhowali and Ramgarh
    13th Almora by local transport
    14th we shall try book a cab from Almora on daily rent basis (maximum capacity to pay 2000-2200 per day) and stay at Udiery bend /Chakori via Jageswar /Seraghat
    15th and 16th we shall be at Munsiyari
    17th we shall try to reach Gwaldam directly and stay at night via Bageswar and Baijnath.
    18th -night stay at Gwaldam and shall visit surroundings including deval
    19th -shall stay at Dwarahat via Someswar and Kousani.
    20th-Manila via Chaukuthiya
    21st -either Dhikala or Ramnagar via Marchulla
    22nd -shall stay for corbett safari
    23rd- our return train is from moradabad at 04 p/m

hope this is ok now .we have doubt that we can not complete this tour plan without hiring a car partly from almora. but it is really expensive for us .
    now some clarification is required :-

Is it possible to do a safari at corbett with the same car that we shall hire from Almora?
    probably not .there has some specific vehicle meant for safari which may be booked either from Ramnagar or from Dhikala

there is a place named Marchulla in between Manila and Dhikala.how is this place?is it doable a corbett SAFARI with one night stay from here?

we may leave the cab on 21st depending upon your opinion.

please suggest some stay options near Tallital bus stand at Nainital within 800-100 per day.

please re examine and review the tour plan and let me know if any alterations are required or not
    PLEASE ADVISE AND ASSIST US WITH YOUR VALUABLE INPUT

May God bless you and your family.

regards
    debasish

Replies: 2359
    Vinod Raman on #70451

tagging [tag]mosederbaer[/tag]

Participant
    deba2164 on #70912

Dear Dheerajji/Anilbhai
    I am waiting for your reply.

regards
    Debasish

Participant
    deba2164 on #70913

Dear Dheerajji/Anilbhai
    I am expecting a reply from you.

regards
    Debasish

Participant
    Replies: 1869
    mosederbaer on #71108

Dada once again i will apologize for the late reply. Here are my points on the plan from 11th onwards-

11th- I will advise you to stay on this day at mukteshwar as 2 days are quite enough for nainital.
    12th- Mukteshwar via bhowali ramgarh. Distance would be about 38 km.
    13th- Mukteshwar to almora via sitla and mona. Distance would be about 43 km.
    14th- Almora to udiyari bend. Shah bhojnalaya has basic and cheap stay option at udiyari bend. The price of rooms at hotel at chaukori will be on higher side. Also jageshwar is in the other direction so you will miss it.
    15th and 16th- Munsiyari.
    17th- Munsiyari to gwaldam would be about 165 km via shama, kapkot, bageshwar. So leave early in the morning.
    18th- Gwaldam.
    19th- Gwaldam to dwarahat via baijnath, kausani, someshwar, ghagas.
    20th- Now there is a famous temple of doonagiri which is 13 km from dwarahat. In the morning visit that and then leave for manila via chaukhutia, maasi, jainal.
    21st and 22nd-Corbett or Ram nagar. Personaly I have not been to corbett so cant help you much on that.
    23rd- It would be about 4 hours journey from ram nagar to moradabad so leave accodingly.

now comes to your questions-
    1. For safari, they would arrange a different vehicle for you on payment basis.
    2. Have passed through marchula which has tented accommodation near river and should be expensive. Cant comment on safari from there.
    3. Leave the car on 21st after reaching corbett. There are plenty of buses to moradabad from ram nagar market area.
    4. Don’t remember any particular name but there are plenty of hotels in that area and being off season, they won’t be expensive too.

If you have not booked hotels at corbett then would suggest to skip it altogether as there are very rare chances of spotting a tiger.

In case I have anything more to suggest then will write back here.

Regards

Participant
    deba2164 on #71410

11th- I will advise you to stay on this day at mukteshwar as 2 days are quite enough for nainital.

Dear Anilbhai
    we are arriving there on 10th November .hence we are there at Nainital area on 10th and 11th only.
    need your suggestion ,if we stay at bhowali on 10th and 11th nov to make a short trip Nainital,Bhimtal ,Naukuchiatal,Golu Devta temple ,Kainchi Ashrama within two days while staying at Bhowal
    pros:-hotels may be cheaper at Bhowali than Nainital
    we had visited Nainital and other adjacent tals earlier.
    it will be easy to get buses/share jeep to Mukteswar on 12th Nov morning from Bhowal
    12th- Mukteshwar via bhowali ramgarh. Distance would be about 38 km.

y

If you have not booked hotels at corbett then would suggest to skip it altogether as there are very rare chances of spotting a tiger.

it is really a valuable advice .we are still doubtful about corbett .but two three things still have to be considered
    1 we never visited Corbett earlier.
    2 we know safari jeeps are expensive
    3 our return journey ticket is from Moradabad on 23rd November
    but the most important point is ,how do we modify our tour plan if we skip corbett?

Most important thing we need to know from you is that whether it would be possible to cover this tour plan entirely depending upon public transport up to Ramnagar considering the days allotted in each place and availability of public transport?
    Primarily we have decided to hire a small car from Almora from 14th nov ,the day we are leaving Almora.
    we can afford maximum 2000-2200 per day for a car including everything .
    please comment on the chance of availability at this rate.

please share your valuable inputs on the other points also.

regards
    Debasish

Participant
    deba2164 on #72643

Dear Dheerajji/Anilbhai

I am waiting for your reply .

regards
    Debasish

Participant
    Replies: 1869
    mosederbaer on #73149

Dada here are my points on your post-

1. Stay in Nainital will be alright as I got confused about the dates. In case, you want to stay in Bhowali then it would be better to stay at bhimtal area which has more hotels than bhowali. Bhimtal is not very far from bhowali. It is more scenic. Bhowali is just a road junction and a busy market. Naukhuchiyatal is close to bhimtal too. For kainchi ashram, you will need to come to bhowali and then move towards khairna side. For golu devta temple, I am not sure, guess it is near almora. Please check on the net.
    2. About corbett, I would advise to skip as the chances of sighting the tiger are very less. Safari will be expensive too.
    3. The rate of car hire will be the almost same, as you mentioned. I have not much experience about it as either have always traveled by public transport or by friend cars.
    4. You have not booked your hotel so if you do the full trip by bus and jeeps then keep the night stay halts flexible. Also if you skip corbett then it would be better to reach moradabad a day early on 22nd itself (from manila), stay at night and next day catch the train back home. This way you will not be in rush and get proper rest before the long train journey.

Hope it helps…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Our rough tour plan to Kumaon in the month of November
Your information:

Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend