DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Our rough tour plan to Kumaon in the month of November

Posted In: Itinerary Advice

• deba2164 on #25335

Dear Dheerajji & Anilbhai

As I have told you earlier ,this year we have planned to visit some selected places of Kumaon in the month of November Last year we visited Garhwal region and a lot of assistance we got ,right from important information ,transport,road condition to possible accommodation.This would not be possible without your guidance.The basic things will remain unchanged for this year also.

1.We are a aged couple would like to visit some particular places of Kumaon which is 2nd time visit in this region .

2. We have no private vehicle but to depend on public transport /share jeep service to reach one place to another.Enough time have been allotted sothat we can complete the entire tour slowly as per your itinerary.

3.We do not wish to book accommodation in advance.

Below is the rough plan which is subject to alteration as per your guidance.

3rd November we are arriving haldwani by direct train from Howrah and will try to reach Mukeswar via Bhowali /Ramgarh by bus /share cab.

4th-Mukteswar

5th and 6th -Almora

7th and 8th -chakori

9th and 10th-Munsiyari

11th-Bageswar/Baijnath

12th-13th -Gwaldam

14th-Kausani

15th and 16th- Nainital

17th and 18th -Ramnagar (Jim Corbett NP)

19th November-train from Moradabad for Howrah at about 2.00 pm

please examine the tour plan carefully.I can alter this plan if it needs.Almora chakori,baijnath Bageswar,Kausani Nainital-we have visited earlier including lohaghat,pithoragarh,mayabati,Patal-B ,gangolihat side.

your valuable suggestions and important guidance are needed for transport options ,accommodation and weather condition to visit these places in the month of November.

regards

Debasish

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2317
    Vinod Raman on #63024

posting reply of Anil Bhai / [tag]mosederbaer[/tag]

Quote:

Dada welcome to the forum once again and accept my apologies for the delayed reply to u your post. Now comes to your itinerary which looks quite ok to me even then will just suggest some changes in it.

3rd November- arrive kathgodam and take a shared Jeep either directly to mukteshwar or hop on, one going to bhowali and then change from there. I have never stayed there overnight so don’t really have idea about the accommodation options so it would be good if you search on the net.

4th- from mukteshwar to almora via seetla estate, khwarb it should be 3 to 4 hours by public transport. Almora has plenty of hotels so no need to worry about that. Here I will suggest to stay for one night only. It is very crowded and not much to see.

5th- Almora to chaukori via berinag, seraghat, rairagar should be 6 hours at least so do start accordingly. Chaukori has kmvn rest house and few private hotels. Now 3 km before chaukori, there is udiyari bend which has a budget stay option named shah hotel and bhojnalaya. Rooms are basic but cheap.

6th- stay at chaukori.

7th- chaukori to munsiyari via thal is at least 6 hours by Jeep. Munsiyari has plenty of hotels, panditji lodge, hayat paradise, bugyal East end rooms etc.

8th- munsiyari.

9th- munsiyari to thal and then to bageshwar should take 6 to 8 hours. Overnight at bageshwar. You will easily find stay options.

10th- bageshwar to baijnath and then to gwaldam should be 5 to 6 hours. Gwaldam has hotel trishul and kmvn for stay.

11th- gwaldam.

12th- gwaldam to kausani via baijnath, garur. It should take 4 hours. Kausani has plenty of options for stay. One is hotel Shivam which is located on the way to kmvn rest house. It has basic but cheaper rooms with good views.

13th- kausani.

14th- kausani to dwarahat (3 to 4 hours) via someshwar, gagas. Try if you can get a place there for stay. If you find one then can stay there overnight. From here, visit dunagiri temple (13 km from dwarahat).

15th- dwarahat to Manila via chaukhutiya, maasi, jainal should be 4 to 6 hours. Manila is a peaceful place with no tourist crowd. It has two stay options, next to each other.

16th manila.

17th Manila to ramnagar (75 kms) and should take 6 hours at the max. Now I have never been to Corbett so you will have to find about the stay options and sightseeing (on net).

18th- Corbett.

19th- from ram nagar to Moradabad is about 90 km which will take approximately 5 hours by bus.

Now according to your convenience, you can cut or add days at any of these places. Please post if you more questions.

Hope it helps…

Participant
    Replies: 29
    deba2164 on #63025

Dear Anilbhai

thanks for your valuable input.

I understand from your reply that a thorough change is needed in previous tour plan .

3rd we are going to Nainital from Lalkuan as the train which operates from howrah,terminates at lalkuan .

4th -Nainital

5th MUKTESWAR

6TH either Mukteswar or Almora

7th -Almora

8th -udiery Bend /chakouri

9th -munsiyari

10th -munsiyari

11th-bageswar /baijnath for one night halt

12th and 13th -gwaldam

14th- ranikhet

15th -16th -manila

17th-18th-ramnagar

19th -train to howrah from Moradabad

have tried to revise the earlier plan .as we are going 2nd time to that region , have excluded the places we visited earlier.we have to depend on public transport/shared jeep to arrive from point to point.that also should be considered.availability of cheap accommodation is also a factor.

please review the revised plan once again and let me know if any additional day is required.Also share with me if you have any specific input on availability of share jeep from one place to another.

how do We go to manila directly from ranikhet and from Manila to ramnagar by bus or share jeep?are they available frequently?.

Take your time and reply.God bless you and your family.

regards

Participant
    Replies: 29
    deba2164 on #64206

Dear Anilbhai

I have revised the tour plan as per your opinion. please check and back to me .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Our rough tour plan to Kumaon in the month of November
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend