DoW Himalayan Travel Community

Manali – Leh Highway Status 2018 – 2019

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2334
    Vinod Raman on #66024

Thank you Subbu for the review. You could upload your video on youtube and post a link here 🙂

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9221
    Dheeraj Sharma on #66031

Manali – Leh Highway is open now and the landslide is cleared for traffic to ply on it

subbu on #66037

Thank you Vinod…..i will do it.

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9221
    Dheeraj Sharma on #66684

Both Manali – Leh, and Srinagar – Leh roads are experiencing intermittent road closures every now and then due to heavy rains. Even Jammu – Srinagar road was also closed. Almost all of mountains are getting intermittent minor and major blockades including Killar, Kishtwar, Kinnaur, Spiti, Rohtang Pass, routes. If you are traveling on these routes,

1. Best is to go open-minded, be ready for getting stuck and travel safely.
    2. Be prepared for getting stuck for some hrs till roads are not cleared or return back to the starting point choosing safety over risks.
    3. Have some supplies in hand like food, drinking water so that in case you get stuck for long hrs in the middle, you have supplies to last the blockage.

Goutam Majumder on #67017

We’ve planned to travel to Leh from Manali on 13.07.18, over two days, in an INNOVA, with a night halt at Jispa. I’m worried about current weather condition (and, road condition, as a result). Also, what about weather in and around Leh ? I’m getting conflicting weather forecasts in different sites. Please let us know, if there are any updates after 30.06.18

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2334
    Vinod Raman on #67033

We’ve planned to travel to Leh from Manali on 13.07.18, over two days, in an INNOVA, with a night halt at Jispa. I’m worried about current weather condition (and, road condition, as a result). Also, what about weather in and around Leh ? I’m getting conflicting weather forecasts in different sites. Please let us know, if there are any updates after 30.06.18

Hi Goutam, Like Dheeraj suggested, better to go with an open mind and be ready to adjust to the vagaries of nature. In itself, thats an adventure and fun part in any trip. If you are gong with kids or elders, talk to a couple of drivers from our list and then take a call

Sanket Jain on #67405

Hi Dheeraj, I am planning to do complete circuit of Spiti Valley(go via Shimla and return via Manali). Wanted to know if mid August will be okay?(Since rains have started pretty early this season)
    Other option I have is first week of October. Which one is preferred?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
Reply To: Manali – Leh Highway Status 2018 – 2019
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend