Manali – Kunzum Pass – Spiti Valley Road Status

• Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3
    ajaysgaur on #64317

Dear Dheeraj

Thanks four your input. I shall modify my itinerary accordingly.
    I have following more queries for your valuable input:-
    1) What about permits for bikes for going beyond Rohtang i.e. Spiti in my case. Are they required? If yes, then how to obtain one?
    2) On day 3, can we go up to Geyu village to see mummy & come back & stay at Tabo.
    3) On day 5, can we also cover Gette & Tashigang?
    4) Wouldn’t it be better to stay at any of these villages i.e. Key, Kibber, langza ,komic, hikkim rather than kaza on day 5 ? If yes, please suggest any one village to stay on day 5.
    5) On day 6, please suggest any contacts for staying in a camp at camping site near Chandrataal.
    Thanks in advance.

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #64325

1. Get the permit when staying at Solang Valley. You can apply online or using the mobile app to get the online permit beyond Rohtang Pass.

2. Yes, you can try that but then drop Dhangkar Lake trek

3. You can travel there too. Depends upon where you wish to spend time.

4. Day 5, stay at Kibber or Langza

5. Camps are only available at Campsite. It is illegal to camp near the lake as it is Ramsar site. It also helps preserving the pristine beauty.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #64568

Updated road conditions of Manali – Kaza route shared by Tarun Verma on DoW Community Facebook page as he wrote,

Recently travelled to Spiti from 12th-19th May. Took Manali route back home, the road from Batal to khoksar is in extremely bad condition that stretch of 54 KMs took 3.5 hours also enroute there are many water crossings which makes the rocky terrain slippery (dated 18th May 2018). If travelling through this route try using 4*4 power drive vehicle and also try covering this stretch in day light(must). I was driving XUV 500 still faced challenges. This stretch has lots of wet crossings because of the melting ice where there are no rocks the mud mixed with water makes it marshy which causes the wheels to loose traction. We reached Khoksar at around 8:30 PM, hence discontinued the journey there. (Enroute, Lossar-Batal-Khoksar) beyond Lossar we experienced some drizzling and light snowfall.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #65818

As per Arvind bhai and these videos below, Kaza to Manali highway is closed due to cloudburst at Chota dhara, 7 km behind chatru (09/06/2018)

As per Arvind bhai and these videos below, Kaza to Manali highway is closed due to cloudburst at Chota dhara, 7 km behind chatru (09/06/2018)

DeViL on WheeLs… ಅವರಿಂದ ಈ ದಿನದಂದು ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ 9 ಜೂನ್ 2018

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #65892

Manali – Kaza road has been restored again. HRTC buses and local taxis have reached Kaza successfully.

Vishal Panda on #66502

Hi,
    Very informative blog. Thanks for all the help which i got from the blog. Planning a trip to Spiti from Manali. Had a query regarding the same.
    I will be travelling to kaza from manali on tuesday, 10th July 2018 in a hired car. But there is a little confusion over the permit regarding crossing the rohtang pass on tuesday. The official website http://admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/Home/InformatoryScreen states that beyond rohtang pass is also restricted on tuesday whereas all the blogs mention that the vehicles with travel permit which go beyond rohtang pass to spiti are allowed. Can you all please help me with same.
    Thank u.

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2371
    Vinod Raman on #66593

Hi,

Very informative blog. Thanks for all the help which i got from the blog. Planning a trip to Spiti from Manali. Had a query regarding the same.

I will be travelling to kaza from manali on tuesday, 10th July 2018 in a hired car. But there is a little confusion over the permit regarding crossing the rohtang pass on tuesday. The official website http://admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/Home/InformatoryScreen states that beyond rohtang pass is also restricted on tuesday whereas all the blogs mention that the vehicles with travel permit which go beyond rohtang pass to spiti are allowed. Can you all please help me with same.

Thank u.

The website says that Tuesday is maintenance day. Please double check with your taxi guy that he will indeed be able to take you on that day

Indranil on #70732

Kalzang Tanzin 9459313747 Has tempo traveller and d can ck you up from Manali/Shimla

Viewing 8 posts - 226 through 233 (of 233 total)
  • The topic ‘Manali – Kunzum Pass – Spiti Valley Road Status’ is closed to new replies.
Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend