Manali – Kunzum Pass – Spiti Valley Road Status

• Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1869
    mosederbaer on #26394

[tag:3imcs83p]Sibinkoshy[/tag:3imcs83p] speak with local taxi drivers on mall road in manali and see if you can get a shared cab to kaza because hiring the full taxi for yourself will really be expensive. Also note that HRTC bus from manali to kaza, starts from kullu around 4 am and reaches manali in an hour so. If you really want to have a seat in the bus then it will be better to board it at kully. Also do take note that apart from the altitude sickness, the bus ride would be rough but great fun.. :) This is is an ordinary bus and will take around 12 hours to cover the distance of 200 km. :)

6 users thanked author for this post.

Participant
    Replies: 3
    Sibinkoshy on #26392

@mosederbaer wrote:

[tag:1fydhpyp]Sibinkoshy[/tag:1fydhpyp] speak with local taxi drivers on mall road in manali and see if you can get a shared cab to kaza because hiring the full taxi for yourself will really be expensive. Also note that HRTC bus from manali to kaza, starts from kullu around 4 am and reaches manali in an hour so. If you really want to have a seat in the bus then it will be better to board it at kully. Also do take note that apart from the altitude sickness, the bus ride would be rough but great fun.. :) This is is an ordinary bus and will take around 12 hours to cover the distance of 200 km. :)

Thank u so much boss for the reply.. I am planning to look for a shared taxi..

1 user thanked author for this post.

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #26395

Manali – Kaza also has shared local taxi running every day. You can get it in the morning, just confirm in the previous day evening.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Participant
    Replies: 1
    aanthonyy on #26396

Is Kishtwar – Killar Udaipur- Tandi -Kunzum- Kaza-Kinnaur-Kufri -Shimla still open. I am planning to ride my bike through the mentioned route starting from 29.10.2017. Please inform me with the current road status and as per my knowledge no permit is required for the following route.

Thanks

2 users thanked author for this post.

Replies: 2372
    Vinod Raman on #26397

tagging [tag:6zm9mzcq]navneet1986[/tag:6zm9mzcq]

Participant
    Replies: 925
    navneet1986 on #26398

@aanthonyy wrote:

Is Kishtwar – Killar Udaipur- Tandi -Kunzum- Kaza-Kinnaur-Kufri -Shimla still open. I am planning to ride my bike through the mentioned route starting from 29.10.2017. Please inform me with the current road status and as per my knowledge no permit is required for the following route.

Thanks

Hey [tag:qc5a10s2]aanthonyy[/tag:qc5a10s2],

Kishtwar-Killar-Tandi shouldnt be a problem at the moment. While Kunzum can be a bit risky as the season is ending and it can get closed anytime. Also a short span of snow was reported a few days back, post which HRTC has stopped it’s bus service from Manali-Kaza. So, kindly keep an eye on the weather forecast and on DOW road status for live updates.

And yes, no permits required for this route.

Pls. let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Regards.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #26399

Let’s call it the end of the season for Manali – Kaza road for 2017. Although the road is still open, however, it is very dangerous to travel further on this road and there are chances of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere for months.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63592

As per Avinash bhai who posted in DoW Community Facebook group, he posts the updates as below along with the beautiful image of Baralacha La pass …

As per GREF engg. Baralacha pass will open by 10 May, if only further western disturbances not hit again the Himalayas. And Gramphu losar will take further 8-10 days more. But this time GREF using maximum rohtang tunnel free machines to restore kaza highway on time.

Attachments:
    4 users thanked author for this post.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63902

Manali – Kaza Road Status Update 2018

Manali – Kaza has been cleared of snow, some local vehicles have attempted the road and reached all the way to Gramphu. The Manali – Kaza road should be open in few days for vehicular traffic movement.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #63963

Due to heavy snowfall in Himachal Pradesh, Rohtang Pass has closed again and is expected to open in next few days.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Ajay Singh on #64046

Dear Dheeraj

First of all, a huge thanks to you & your team for maintaining such an informative platform for common masses. Wish you success & happiness in your life.

Second, Me & one of my friend are planning a bike trip from Manali to Spiti valley(& back via same route) from 3rd June. I have following questions & tentative itinerary for you to comment upon if any changes are required.

Question-1 We are planning from 3rd June to 10th June,2018. is it ok? Will routes(i.e. Manali-Batal-Kunzum La-kaza & pin valley routes will be open by then or not)?

Question-2 We are planning to hire a RE bike from Manali. Can you please suggest any good & reasonable bike rentals from your personal experience?

Our tentative itinerary is as follows:-
    1. 2nd June, Depart from Delhi in evening to Manali via Volvo.
    2. 3rd June, reach Manali in morning, rest & look for bike to rent.
    3. 4th June, Depart from Manali early morning & reach Batal/Losar/kaza depending on time.
    4. 5th June, Depart from batal/losar/kaza & visit key monastery, kibber, Langza, komic. Stay at any one of these villages.Please suggest the order of visiting them & where to have night stay?
    5. 6th June, Depart from Kibber/Langza/komic to Tabo-nako-Gue Village & come back to Tabo,kaza wherever possible depending on time.Please suggest where to stay?
    6. 7th June, Depart from Kaza/Tabo to Dhankar lake & then Pin valley, stay at Mud Village.
    7. 8th June Start from Mud village & reach chandratal. Night stay at Chandratal. Please provide contacts (if any) for camps near chandrataal?
    9. 9th June , Depart from Chandrataal & reach Manali. If possible, depart from Manali in evening by volvo to Delhi.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Ajay Singh on #64125

Dear Dheeraj

First of all, a huge thanks to you & your team for maintaining such an informative platform for common masses. Wish you success & happiness in your life & many more adventurous trips.

Second, Me & one of my friend are planning a bike trip from Manali to Spiti valley(& back via same route) from 3rd June. I have following questions & tentative itinerary for you to comment upon if any changes are required.

Question-1 We are planning from 3rd June to 10th June,2018. is it ok? Will routes(i.e. Manali-Batal-Kunzum La-kaza & pin valley routes will be open by then or not)?

Question-2 We are planning to hire a RE bike from Manali. Can you please suggest any good & reasonable bike rentals from your personal experience?

3. 4th June, Depart from Manali early morning & reach Batal/Losar/kaza depending on time.
    4. 5th June, Depart from batal/losar/kaza & visit key monastery, kibber, Langza, komic. Stay at any one of these villages.Please suggest the order of visiting them & where to have night stay?
    5. 6th June, Depart from Kibber/Langza/komic to Tabo-nako-Gue Village & come back to Tabo,kaza wherever possible depending on time.Please suggest where to stay?
    6. 7th June, Depart from Kaza/Tabo to Dhankar lake & then Pin valley, stay at Mud Village.
    7. 8th June Start from Mud village & reach chandratal. Night stay at Chandratal. Please provide contacts (if any) for camps near chandrataal?
    9. 9th June , Depart from Chandrataal & reach Manali. If possible, depart from Manali in evening by volvo to Delhi.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #64226

Rohtang Pass was opened for traffic on Friday, MAnali – Kaza is open for light vehicles again

Participant
    Replies: 3
    ajaysgaur on #64258

Dear Dheeraj

First of all, a huge thanks to you & your team for maintaining such an informative platform for common masses. Wish you success & happiness in your life.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #64268

Ajay, you have 8 days in hand and I Will suggest following tweaks to your plan so that you have less chances of hitting with AMS:

Day 1 : Reach Manali by overnight volvo of and stay overnight at Solang Valley as preferred for acclimatization
    Day 2 : Manali / Solang – Kaza
    Day 3 : Kaza – Dhangkar – Tabo
    Day 4 : Tabo – Pin Valley
    Day 5 : Pin Valley – Kaza. Do Ki, Kibber in the evening.
    Day 6 : Kaza – Langza – Komik – Hikkim – Kaza / Batal / Chandratal
    Day 7 : Kaza / Batal / Chandratal – Chandratal – Manali
    Day 8 : Reach Delhi by overnight Volvo from Manali

Manali – Kaza has already been open for light vehicles. Regarding renting bike in Manali, best will be to rent upon reaching there as many bike rentals in Manali offer old bikes, so best will be to check the condition and rent on the spot.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 233 total)
  • The topic ‘Manali – Kunzum Pass – Spiti Valley Road Status’ is closed to new replies.
Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend