List of Taxi Drivers for Spiti Valley & Kinnaur Valley

• BongtraveleR on #72439

Dilip is a very nice person. Just returned from Kaza. We had very good sightseeing with him for four days from 4-7 October, 2018. He drove very well his Dezire and we didn’t fell any sort of tiredness in the entire journey. We really enjoyed the trip with him.

Thanks to Dheeraj and devilonwheels for providing the list of taxi drivers in Spiti. It was of great help.

Preetam Jena on #72463

I would like to write a few words for the Devil with the finest soul Mr.Baldev Raj (Bobby Paaji).

We have visited the Spiti Valley in the last week of September, 2018 and we started our journey with Bobby from Shimla. He owns a Scorpio and he named it as ‘MEM SAAB’. The name is justified, because he loves his MEM-SAAB like anything. And as per him, she loves him back. That’s why he could drove her through the most dangerous terrains of the Spiti circuit since last 4-5 years.

I got his reference from one of my cousins, who have traveled with him twice and refereed him to his friends and colleagues several times. And all had a very good experience with Bobby. While planing for the trip, my cousin told me that, you just reach Shimla/Manali, Bobby will take care of the rest. And that’s what we did. He arranged a vehicle from Delhi Airport to Shimla at the last moment as the cab which I have booked, canceled the booking when we have already boarded the flight. We met him at Shimla, sat on his vehicle and surrendered our lives to him for the next 7 days.

Our journey got several setbacks throughout. Be it bad weather, slides, road block for long 8-10 hrs. But Bobby’s primary concern was our safety. He used to say,’Sir, chaahe mujhe kuch kyun na ho jaye, aap logon ko kuch nahi hone dunga’. And he meant it.

I remember once incident.. That day’s plan was to reach Kaza via Tabo from Nako. We started our journey a bit late in the morning around 10am and got stuck at Malling due to heavy land slide for a good 8 hours. We have almost decided to stay back at Nako because it was aroud 6pm in the evening and crossing the Malling pass was became a nightmare for us. Because we have seen, what was happening there throughout the day. But thanks to the Indian Army and GREF guys, who worked so hard without a break and cleared the road. Once the road was open, Bobby told, ‘Sir, lets leave for Tabo’. And we started. We were among those few vehicles who crossed that pass. Bobby had managed to cross that with such an accuracy, and we were left spellbound. We were thrilled and afraid at the same time. He didn’t speak a word and kept on driving a little faster as compared to his usual speed until we reach Tabo. We were the first to reach Tabo that night. He rushed into several hotels there and get us a good hotel at very reasonable price as he always did. we had our dinner and slept. In the morning next day, we saw a huge rush of tourist vehicles and all the hotels were jam-packed. Bobby told, ‘Sir, isiliye kal itni tej bhaaga k laa raha tha..kyun k mujhe pata tha ki yeh sab gaadiyan Kaza nahi pahunch sakti, toh sab Tabo pe hi rukengi..”.

Another incident, we had the plan to reach Manali from Kaza via Chandartaal and to take Volvo from Manali to Delhi. But due to rain and snowfall, the Kunjum and Rohtang pass were closed. And we had our flight from Delhi in two days. So we couldn’t take a risk to stay at Kaza and wait for the roads for Manali to open. So we have decided to travel back to Shimla in one day. We had developed blind trust on Bobby by then, so we are quite relaxed, that we won’t miss the flight. So we visited Kibber, Ki, Gette (That was not in plan, but Bobby could see heavy snow fall there from Kibber). He took us to Gette and our SAPNA to see ‘BAHUT SAARA BAARF’ had finally fulfilled. The void of not able to complete the circuit was vanished at that moment. We were so happy. We decided to stay that night at Kaza again and start for Shimla early morning next day. Keeping that in mind, we were roaming around the Kaza market in the evening, suddenly I got a call from Bobby, ‘Sir mousam kharab ho raha hai, aasman mein taare nahi dikh rahe.. Barish ho sakti hai..aur yahan barish matlab heavy snowfall hoga aur hum kal phaas jayenge.. Jaldi ayiye, aage nikalte hain..’. We rushed back and started for Tabo/Nako. He was damn quite and kept on looking into the sky for the signs of rain. Somehow we reached Tabo and he asked, should we proceed further or stay at Tabo. We were very clear, that his decision would be the best. So we asked him to take the call. He dicided to stay at Tabo.

Next day, we started at 7:30am in the morning and reached Shimla around 11:30pm in one go. Hats off to the man, who drove 400+ kms constantly. We couldn’t take the Volvo that night and he arranged an Innova for Delhi next day. So ideally you can say, he planned our trip from Delhi Airport and back.

These are few experiences out of a ton. This man is so POLITE, FRIENDLY, HELPFUL and A PURE SOUL. He can go to his extreme limits for his clients.

Keep up the good work Bobby Ji !

Looking forward for another trip with you ! 🙂

Regards,
    Preetam Jena
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha

Contact Details for Mr. Baldev Raj

+91 7807275103
      +91 9418219383

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1
    dhananjaysaha on #72520

Mr. Bhupendra Kumar (Sonu)
    Date of Travel: 27th September to 5th October

We are just back from our Kinnaur and Spiti Valley trip. It was really a wonderful trip. Thanks to DoW for all the helpful information in planning our trip and our driver cum companion Bhupendra Bhai for making this trip a comfortable and memorable one. We started from Ambala Cantt and ended at Chandigarh. We visited Shimla, Chitkul, Sangla, Kalpa, Nako, Gue Village, Tabo, Dhankar Kaza, Langza, Komic, Hikkim, Key and Losar and back to Chandigarh. We planned to complete the Shimla to Manali Circuit, but had to skip Chadra Taal Lake and Manali as Kunzum Pass and Rohtang Pass were closed due to snowfall. On our way back to Chandigarh, Bhupendra Bhai took us to Kasauli, the first Hill Station of Himachal Pradesh. It is a beautiful hill station. We did some shopping and visited the Sanjeevani Hanumanji Temple there.

Regarding BhupendraBhai, he hails Dharampur, Solan and ready to pick and drop from Chandigarh and Ambala Cantt and charges reasonably, his name is not in the list of drivers, got his details from recent reviews. He drives an Innova which is well maintained and comfortable. He is an excellent and very safe driver, courteous and friendly person, very punctual and professional in his work. He has an experience of over 10 years. Knows the region and its routes very well. He also helped in planning our trip and made sure our stays were comfortable during the trip. We had not to worry about our stays and meals as promised by him. He also clicked some pics of ours. We really enjoyed travelling with him. He has got another Innova and a Dzire, people travelling in smaller number can also contact him.

He is highly recommended for Spiti and Kinnaur Valley Trips. Request admin to kindly add his name to the list.

Regards,
    Dhananjay Saha

Aashish Raina on #72546

I have travelled a lot in north as well as southern part of India and have met some amazing drivers who are helpful and friendly to such an extent that you wouldn’t believe that such humans exist (may be we can meet such people only on the hills 😉
    Raj bhaiya is one such guy. He went out of his way to help a friend out.
    Long story short.
    if you want to travel with a guy who loves driving and would never think of lying to his customers, go with Mr. Rajkumaar
    His contact details:
    9418645139 (BSNL – always works)

He drives a Xylo but can arrange Etios, Innova, Travera, Travller etc as he has his own “Tours & Travels”
    He is based out of Reckong Peo, Kinore H.P
    If you meet him ask him to play “Kinnauri rock” in his car 😉

Debangshu Das on #72877

Date of Travel: 7th October to 14th October
    Hi, I just completed a dream tour of Kinnaur-Spiti & would like to say thanks DoW for all the helpful information and our driver cum guide Bhupendra Bhai for making this trip a memorable one .
    We visited Shimla, Chitkul, sangla, Nako, Gue Village, Tabo, Dhankar, Kaza, Langza, Komic, Hikkim, Key monastery.
    Bhupendra bhai drives safely, knows all the places around. He is polite and well mannered. He stopped at many places for photographs and didn’t get annoyed at all. In fact, he himself suggested us some good spots for photographs and also managed to get us some good deals on shopping. He drives a Innova which is very comfortable. He is not a kind of driver who would take commissions from hotels & helped us to get good hotels at cheaper price. He is young, entertaining & walked with us in Dhankar Lake. We felt him to be more like a friend than a driver.
    I would definitely recommend him for Spiti and Kinnaur Valley Trips.
    His contact details are as following:
    Mr. Bhupendra Kumar

Swapnil on #73016

FEEDBACK ON DRIVER MUKESH KUMAR NEGI FOR KINNAUR & SPITI TOUR:

After reading the good reviews on DOW about Mukesh Kumar Negi (appearing at Number 3 under ‘Other Drivers List’ on this blog), I engaged his services for our Kinnaur and Spiti tour. We devised our own itinerary for an 11 day tour starting from Shimla with night halts at Sarahan, Chitkul, Kalpa, Nako, Mudh village in Pin Valley, Kaza, Chandratal Lake, Manali and return to Shimla. The price quoted by Mukesh was on similar lines to what has been previously stated on this blog. We were a couple and Mukesh’s White Innova was perfect for our long tour. The communication with Mukesh prior to the start of the tour via phone calls & WhatsApp messages was clear, concise and there was no ambiguity whatsoever. I booked all the hotels/homestays based on TripAdvisor Reviews and sent the details with the itinerary to Mukesh. Two weeks prior to the start of our tour, there was a torrential downpour all over Himachal Pradesh for 3 days which resulted in many roads being washed off, roads damaged due to landslides and unseasonal 3-4 feet snow around Kunzum-La and Chandratal Lake. Mukesh who was in the middle to a tour, called to inform us about the road conditions and advised that we cancel our accommodations at Chandratal Lake & Manali as the road was closed due to snow and would likely not open by the time we reached Kaza. So instead of completing the loop from Shimla to Kinnaur, Spiti, Manali and back to Shimla, we changed the return leg and decided to come back to Shimla the same way we went.

Mukesh is a resident of Kalpa (in Kinnaur District) and he arrived at our Shimla hotel 30 mins prior to pick up time. Through out the tour, he was polite, helpful and provided a good insight on each place that we visited. We learnt a lot about the people, culture & traditions of those who live in Kinnaur and Spiti districts of HP. Most importantly, his driving was safe and steady and never once did we feel any fear inspite of the poor conditions of the road, some very treacherous turns, narrow switchbacks and hair-pin bends. His Innova was well maintained and our tour went on without a hitch.

Mukesh has friends in each and every village along the way and knows all the roads and conditions like the back of his hand. He personally knows all the Hotel Owners, Managers and Kitchen Staff at all the overnight accommodations across Kinnaur & Spiti. His recommendations came in handy during our return leg when we had to stay overnight at Tabo, Kalpa and Narkanda (due to road closure as a result of snow at Kunzum-La) on the way back to Shimla.

We certainly recommend Mukesh Kumar if you are planning a trip anywhere in Kinnaur and Spiti Districts. If you are a big group and need more than one vehicle, he can arrange additional SUV’s as well. I am updating Mukesh’s mobile numbers and email below, so the readers here on DOW can get in touch with him.

Mukesh Kumar Negi (of Mukesh Taxi Service)
    Mob: +91-9418340009, +91-9857340009, +91-7018716009 (Jio)
    Email: [email protected]

S. Dasgupta on #73104

Manish Kanwar is exceptionally expert & highly
    skilled driver for the entire spity valley tour of Himachal P
    radesh. We four of us fully enjoyed our
    11 days trip in his latest Inova car.
    08627813906 is the phone no. of Manish.

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2359
    Vinod Raman on #73293

thank you Dasgupta for your review.

Shomik Chowdhury on #73359

Hey,

I just completed my trip to Kinnaur and Spiti. We started on 19th Oct and back on 28th October with lots of beautiful memories. Saleem Bhai, the friend philosopher and guide made our trip awesome. He is a gem of a driver with excellent knowledge about this region. A man with a golden heart. I have contacted him after getting his reviews on DOW. So thanks to DOW for the awesome work you guys are doing. Keep it Up. I will much recommend Saleem bhai ( Contact #: +917018753779, +918988087436) for Spiti Trip. I have started planning for my next trip to Spiti already 🙂

Saleem Ahmed on #74144

Thank u very much Arvind Bhaia
    We r very luckey to have u
    Very very sweet person , ur way of talking is amazing n u really r a true person
    Sometime peoples thoughts ki customer ko Bus thoda bahut ghuma do
    But aapne 1-1cheeze bahut achche se visit krwai khud se hi……n u fulfill ur words more than we expect
    Very safe driving….I hv motion sickness prblm but Aapki driving skills se I never face the prblm
    u r very down to earth n dedicated to CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
    In fact we feel like u r the part of family…..bcz of ur behaviour hmne poori trip ki planning ki aapk uper chor di pr we r very very happy after this trip

If u r planning to go Spiti I always suggest Arvind Bhaia
    He knws every local rout ,alternate options, best homestays Whr people will treat u like fmly…..n these things we never find in packg typ Trip

One more thing he is very good singer having album n vedio on YouTube Plss don’t miss that 😊😊😊

Abhijit on #74281

I have query that during the time of March 2nd week are we able to travel from chandigarh to sarahan,sangla,kalpa.manali,dharamsala and dalhousi.

Viewing 11 posts - 256 through 266 (of 266 total)
Reply To: List of Taxi Drivers for Spiti Valley & Kinnaur Valley
Your information:

Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend