DoW Himalayan Travel Community

List of Taxi Drivers for Spiti Valley & Kinnaur Valley

• Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9221
    Dheeraj Sharma on #64995

Thank you Umendra and Mahima for sharing the feedback for Mukesh Kumar and Mukesh Sharma. I see both of them are there in the list.

Swagata on #65449

So how does the booking process go? I have contacted a driver (Dilip) from the list, shared the itinerary, but he’s saying that he is not sure if he himself will go/ his brother will take us. He’s asking for some advance payment. Should we first confirm that it is him who’ll go with us and then pay? Isn’t it possible to pay once we are there? How safe is the advance payment? Guys, please help.

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9221
    Dheeraj Sharma on #65491

I will suggest that you talk to other drivers who can confirm that they can go with you or not. May be check with Arvind or Sunny and ask if they can go then only go with some kind of advance else keep digging 🙂

Sanjoy on #65647

Can you please share the list of manali keylong prashar lake taxi drivers details. We are planning on Oct mid..

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2334
    Vinod Raman on #65985

Can you please share the list of manali keylong prashar lake taxi drivers details. We are planning on Oct mid..

No specific list for this. You can contact any of the Manali based drivers for this and check with them

Participant
    Replies: 2
    Pragati on #66008

Hi DoW and the himalayan travel community,

Firstly i’d like to congratulate you on your efforts to educate souls like me about the far off Himalayan Lands. Your blog has not just helped me plan three trips since 2012 to Ladakh and Spiti but also taught me the difference between a tourist and a traveller.

Here i would like to mention my experience with one of the drivers listed above for our recent visit to Kinnaur-Spiti-Lahaul.

Driver: Mukesh Kumar (+91-9857340009/+91-9418340009) from Kalpa
    Date of travel: 27th June 2018 to 9th June 2018
    Route: Delhi-Shimla-Kinnaur-Spiti-Lahaul-Manali-Delhi

Mukesh Ji has been an excellent guide since the day we got in touch with him almost two months before our actual travel date. Right from suggesting places to visit to making changes in the itinerary to ensure we had enough time to acclimatize, Mukesh Ji has been helping us plan our travel better. And because he belongs to the region, we were able to understand the local culture, cuisine and were able to have good interaction with the locals. High point of our trip! He knows almost everybody in this valley (so we call him Satyaki), hence we received a very warm welcome 🙂
    What i liked about Spiti and areas around is that the locals (including the drivers) respect the land and the culture and they inspire us to do the same. Mukesh Ji was no exception. He accompanied us to treks and monasteries as a guide and got involved in slo-mo and selfie marathons with us 😛 at the same time, he was equally strict to make us get up and leave on time so that we dont get stuck in the “nullahs” enroute.
    Thanks to DoW we made a friend for life 🙂

***@admin Please update the following mobile number against his name: +91-701-871-6009

Thanks,
    Pragati

Not All those who wander are lost

Attachments:

Vinod Raman on #66023

Hi DoW and the himalayan travel community,

Firstly i’d like to congratulate you on your efforts to educate souls like me about the far off Himalayan Lands. Your blog has not just helped me plan three trips since 2012 to Ladakh and Spiti but also taught me the difference between a tourist and a traveller.

Here i would like to mention my experience with one of the drivers listed above for our recent visit to Kinnaur-Spiti-Lahaul.

Driver: Mukesh Kumar (+91-9857340009/+91-9418340009) from Kalpa

Date of travel: 27th June 2018 to 9th June 2018

Route: Delhi-Shimla-Kinnaur-Spiti-Lahaul-Manali-Delhi

Mukesh Ji has been an excellent guide since the day we got in touch with him almost two months before our actual travel date. Right from suggesting places to visit to making changes in the itinerary to ensure we had enough time to acclimatize, Mukesh Ji has been helping us plan our travel better. And because he belongs to the region, we were able to understand the local culture, cuisine and were able to have good interaction with the locals. High point of our trip! He knows almost everybody in this valley (so we call him Satyaki), hence we received a very warm welcome 🙂

What i liked about Spiti and areas around is that the locals (including the drivers) respect the land and the culture and they inspire us to do the same. Mukesh Ji was no exception. He accompanied us to treks and monasteries as a guide and got involved in slo-mo and selfie marathons with us 😛 at the same time, he was equally strict to make us get up and leave on time so that we dont get stuck in the “nullahs” enroute.

Thanks to DoW we made a friend for life 🙂

***@admin Please update the following mobile number against his name: +91-701-871-6009

Thanks,

Pragati

Thank you Pragati for your review. [tag]dheerajsharma14 [/tag] will update the list.

Participant
    Replies: 1
    utkarshagrawal on #66168

Mr. Bhupendra Kumar(Sonu)
    Travel Date: 5 June to 11 June
    Covered: Kinnaur and Spiti Valley
    Car: Innova( Very well maintained)

He is an excellent driver, professional in his work, who has an experience of over 10 years. Knows like almost each and every route in Himachal. He is a very polite guy and will surely treat you like a family during the trip.
    Apart from having good driving skills, he is an amazing person. You will surely enjoy travelling with him. He has stories to tell and jokes to crack.
    You need not worry about your stays and meals if you’re travelling with him.
    Please update his number in the list. It will be a great help to a friend.

Saheli Sarkar on #66182

Hi all, just back from a 9-day long Kinnaur trip and wanted to share our experiences. DoW website was a tremendous asset for us when we were planning our trip, so now it’s my turn to give back! We went to Sarahan, Sangla(Rakchham), Chitkul, Kalpa, Tabo/Dhankar and Nako. We staywd one might in each of the places. Amazing scenery, picturesque villages, and friendly locals.
    So regarding drivers, we first contacted Raj Sharma, mentioned here on DoW. He agreed to drive us personally, and we also mentioned wanting an Innova as we’d seen that car being frequently mentioned here. The daily rate was agreed. And we in touch periodically. But 2 days before the trip he said he was sending someone else, the cars would be Tavera and the rate was going to be the same. Take it or leave it. We don’t know if it is fair but the ultimatum and the change in plans left us with a negative feeling about this person

Now onto the actual driver: Mr Raj Kumar (mobile no 9857001039). He is Shimla based. He was professional, drove competently and carefully on bad roads and was always punctual. He gave ample photo stops, and often pointed out interesting sites himself so we could take photos. He didn’t complain if a particular day was long. He knows a lot of drivers and hotels and would be happy to arrange for hotels himself (We didn’t know that so we had already reserved hotels ourselves) Overall, a very good experience. If we’re back this way we’ll certainly contact him again.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Vinod Raman on #66233

Thanks Saheli.

Just to be sure, the Raj Kumar was offered by Raj Sharma ?

Vinod

Hi all, just back from a 9-day long Kinnaur trip and wanted to share our experiences. DoW website was a tremendous asset for us when we were planning our trip, so now it’s my turn to give back! We went to Sarahan, Sangla(Rakchham), Chitkul, Kalpa, Tabo/Dhankar and Nako. We staywd one might in each of the places. Amazing scenery, picturesque villages, and friendly locals.

So regarding drivers, we first contacted Raj Sharma, mentioned here on DoW. He agreed to drive us personally, and we also mentioned wanting an Innova as we’d seen that car being frequently mentioned here. The daily rate was agreed. And we in touch periodically. But 2 days before the trip he said he was sending someone else, the cars would be Tavera and the rate was going to be the same. Take it or leave it. We don’t know if it is fair but the ultimatum and the change in plans left us with a negative feeling about this person

Now onto the actual driver: Mr Raj Kumar (mobile no 9857001039). He is Shimla based. He was professional, drove competently and carefully on bad roads and was always punctual. He gave ample photo stops, and often pointed out interesting sites himself so we could take photos. He didn’t complain if a particular day was long. He knows a lot of drivers and hotels and would be happy to arrange for hotels himself (We didn’t know that so we had already reserved hotels ourselves) Overall, a very good experience. If we’re back this way we’ll certainly contact him again.

Dr D.Ghosh on #66270

I recently travelled to Shimla – sangla- Rakcham – Chitkul- Kalpa with my wife and parents.Mr Raj Sharma present in this list provided me with a travera .Our driver was Mr Ravi based in Shimla.He is a very experienced driver and very polite.We had a lovely trip with him.He has around 16 years of experience in kinnaur spiti area and very much well informed.I am sharing his phone number.please enlist his number in the forum. Mobile number 8219328002

Participant
    tsrini6872 on #66276

We, a family of 3 adults and 1 child, had short 7 days trip to Spiti. We were fortunate to get a good, knowledgeable driver, with over 20 years of driving experience, (Name Jai, phone number 9900382357). He was very polite, accommodative and ensured that each and every spot was visited, without worry about the road conditions and stopped where ever we requested for. Within a day, he was like our family member. He is a very safe driver and has huge contact at all the places along the Spiti route. He was very helpful in taking us to the right hotels for each night, along the route, which were very clean & decent and still under budget. We enjoyed each and every moment of this trip and will relish for quite some time. Thanks Jai bhai, for your company.

Participant
    tsrini6872 on #66280

Can you add the following to the list of drivers:

Jai, phone number 09816351922, based in Shimla, owns a while new INNOVA CRYSTA, over 20 years of driving experience, very polite, helpful and accommodative driver.

Mangesh Halbe on #66506

Hi folks,
    I have been with Baldev Raj aka Bobby in this june i.e. few days back. He has scorpio and very very experienced driver in spiti circuit resides near shimla.
    Highlights of traveling with him are
    1. He takes you to few unheard places where u can get great pics
    2. He takes you to homestay or hotels which meets your budget and requirements.
    3. Great companion and guide talks less but takes care what you are looking at and helpful.

You guys can reach him on 7807275103.

Vedashri Mayekar on #66559

Hi,may I know how much does he charge per day or for whole spiti package? Dont know current rates. Thanks in advance!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 236 total)
Reply To: List of Taxi Drivers for Spiti Valley & Kinnaur Valley
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend