DoW Himalayan Travel Community

List of Taxi Drivers for Spiti Valley & Kinnaur Valley

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2317
    Vinod Raman on #34590

ananth725 wrote:

My family and I travelled with Anil Thakur based out of Shimla for a Himachal trip. He is well versed with the terrain and got us accommodation in great places. I did not pre book for the entire trip. He is a pro in the Spiti circuit and drives a Toyota Innova. We were comfortably seated for a family of 4 adults and a toddler with quite a lot of luggage. Anil is an educated family man and is a great conversationist. Stopped wherever we wanted for photographs. He can be reached at 9816594411 and 9459915990.

Thank you Ananth for the review. Would be good to know when you traveled and an approx of the per day rate you paid. Thanks

Participant
    Replies: 2
    ananth725 on #34585

Sure. We travelled in mid November 2017. Paid about 3250 per day. Considering the terrain and the skillset needed, it is a fair amount charged. We toured from Shimla – Narkanda – Rampur – Jibhi – Gushaini – Manali.

Anonymous on #34584

Hi dheeraj Thanks for allowing me to join this website.i m an avid follower of DOW. I have planned a trip to kinnar from 4-11 may. I have been in contact with few of the drivers from this big list and they seem quite good. But I just wanted to ask about a driver named Lalchand from Shimla with whom I had a chat.He seemed ok but didn’t find him in your list.got his number from other forums.Does anybody have any update about him? Please let me Know

Keymaster
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9210
    Dheeraj Sharma on #34591

Drdebojyoti wrote:

Hi dheeraj Thanks for allowing me to join this website.i m an avid follower of DOW. I have planned a trip to kinnar from 4-11 may. I have been in contact with few of the drivers from this big list and they seem quite good. But I just wanted to ask about a driver named Lalchand from Shimla with whom I had a chat.He seemed ok but didn’t find him in your list.got his number from other forums.Does anybody have any update about him? Please let me Know

You are most welcome, thank you for joining. I am not sure about that guy and could not find in the forum anywhere. I am not suggesting that he may not be good but just that till now someone has not shared feedback about him on DoW. May be if you travel with him, you can post it:)

Participant
    Replies: 4
    arnabduttablr on #34589

Hi,

Can you guys give an basic ball park rate for 1 day.

Thnak

Anonymous on #34586

Thanks Dheeraj for your prompt reply. I

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #34587

arnabduttablr wrote:

Hi,

Can you guys give an basic ball park rate for 1 day.

Thnak

In general drivers charge from Rs 3200-3500 per day

Ankit on #64209

We went to kinnaur and spiti on a 9 day trip with Mukesh Sharma. He owns an Innova. He is excellent. he knows the place inside out. Never once he was boring and he had friends everywhere. He was amazing.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #64219

Thank you Ankit for sharing the details and review for Mukesh, I am sure this will help bunch of other tourists too. Can you please share what he charged for the whole route and per day basis?

Lorraine on #64328

Went to Spiti in April with Sunny. Space trip! Absolute masterpiece. Though i’m Here to talk about Sunny, which was the most careful driver and leader we could have found (was with my mom who’s easily scared, and all went well). Drives his Scorpio in the most reassuring way. Plus he made me notice along the way the little beauties of spiti, such a bliss to travel with someone who loves the land so much.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #64346

That is wonderful to know LORRAINE, thanks for sharing the feedback which will help many others too.

Himadri on #64762

Hi, nice to read such a detailed review , can you please share the contact details of Mr Dalip

Mahima on #64810

I would like to highly recommend Mukesh(Monty) Sharma (9816053050 WhatsApp no.). I recently went on the Spiti trip with 5 other friends and Mukesh was an absolute delight.

– It is very important that your driver is cordial, well-mannered, informative, and co-operative. Mukesh had all these qualities with an additional entertainment factor by showing us some really good photos and videos of Spiti during other seasons.

– Despite the hilly, curvy roads of Spiti, we were care-free about safety because Mukesh drove so well.

Upendra Deshpande on #64969

I would highly recommend Mukesh Kumar from Kalpa – +91 9857340009 (Whatsapp)/ +91 9418340009. He has his own immaculately maintained 7 seater Innova. We were with him for 10 days for our Kinnaur Valley trip. Being local from Kalpa, he knows routes like back of his hand. He is expert for Spiti valley as well. He is very well-mannered and well-natured person. He helps in planning itinerary and booking hotels. His recommendations for food joints are spot on. We had very good experience with him. He even helped us to get Delhi – Chandigarh taxis arranged.

Overall a very good experience!

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #64992

Hi, nice to read such a detailed review , can you please share the contact details of Mr Dalip

It is there in the first post, Dalip, Dilip are same name.Dilip: 09816003815, 09459563473.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 221 total)
Reply To: List of Taxi Drivers for Spiti Valley & Kinnaur Valley
Your information:

Love Traveling to Himalayas?

YES?? Then, Let's Stay Connected !!

Get FREE monthly travel updates, news, guides, tips, itineraries, stories, hotel & restaurant reviews, etc.. focused totally on travelling to Himalayas right in to your email inbox.

Don't worry, we will neither SPAM nor SELL your email :)

Send this to a friend