Launch, Focus and Vision | DoW – Himalayan Travel Community

Posted In: Announcements

• Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #25540

@tinahennessy wrote:

Hi everyone!

My husband and I want to travel to Leh (from Delhi) between 15thJune to 13thJuly – using either public transport or shared taxis or join anyone who’s driving themselves. We’re open to going from Srinagar to Leh OR Manali to Leh. Does anyone have 2 seats in a self drive/or share cab?

Cheers,
    Tina

Tina, better explore the Travel Calendar as well for your dates: https://devilonwheels.com/dow-travel-partners-calendar/

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2
    harkirat154 on #25544

@tinahennessy wrote:

Hi everyone!

My husband and I want to travel to Leh (from Delhi) between 15thJune to 13thJuly – using either public transport or shared taxis or join anyone who’s driving themselves. We’re open to going from Srinagar to Leh OR Manali to Leh. Does anyone have 2 seats in a self drive/or share cab?

Cheers,
    Tina

Hi Tina,

I and my wife will be traveling to Leh from Manali on the 18th of June. We will be traveling by cab. We too are looking for a couple to share the taxi with. If you’re interested feel free to get in touch. My email id is [email protected].
    Thanks,
    Harkirat

Participant
    Replies: 1
    AditiDalke on #25546

We were a group of 8 family members travelling from Jammu to Leh. We travelled with Noor Mohd, (9419890787) in Leh. Along with the warmth he possess, he is a very safe driver. He makes sure to keep every age group comfortable and satisfied. It was a beautiful experience with him in Leh.He is a fun loving person and a perfect driver for difficult roads of Leh.

Participant
    Replies: 1869
    mosederbaer on #25545

@AditiDalke wrote:

We were a group of 8 family members travelling from Jammu to Leh. We travelled with Noor Mohd, (9419890787) in Leh. Along with the warmth he possess, he is a very safe driver. He makes sure to keep every age group comfortable and satisfied. It was a beautiful experience with him in Leh.He is a fun loving person and a perfect driver for difficult roads of Leh.

Thanks a lot for taking time out to update here on forum. I would request mods to shift the post to the appropriate thread and include Noor Mohammad in the list (if it is not there). :)

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #25547

@AditiDalke wrote:

Thank you so much for sharing the details, have added him to the list.

Participant
    Pawel on #25548

Hello
    In three weeks I am going to Leh where I want to stay 2 days and then I want to explore the Nubra Valley – Turtuk, Lake Pangong. Do I have to book a car (taxi) beforehand? Is it enough to do it when I arrive? Does the hotel help with booking a taxi?

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #25549

@Pawel wrote:

Hello
    In three weeks I am going to Leh where I want to stay 2 days and then I want to explore the Nubra Valley – Turtuk, Lake Pangong. Do I have to book a car (taxi) beforehand? Is it enough to do it when I arrive? Does the hotel help with booking a taxi?

You can book it on the spot. You can carry the print out od driver contacts list from the list of taxi drivers thread.

Participant
    Anilchhatwal1963 on #25552

Hi, am riding solo to Spiti on RE-Himalayan on 20th October via Manali… I intend to stay at and around Spiti for 2 weeks..am 54 but generally fit. I am caring my tent and want do camping.
    Can some one guide me for this trip.

Replies: 2359
    Vinod Raman on #25553

congrats anil and all the best for your trip.

Since you are starting Oct 20 via manali, and since Rohtang and Kunzum have already received the first snowfall, please double check road conditions with locals before proceeding.

Also, since it is very late in the season, I recommend that you skip Chandertal.

You can consider something like this since you have 2 weeks time:

Manali – Rohtang – Gramphu – Chhatru – Batal – Kunzum pass – Losar
    Losar and around
    Kaza
    Kaza and around (2-3 days)
    Pin Valley (2 days)
    Dhangkar – Tabo
    Mane village
    Geyu – Chhango – Nako
    Pooh – Kalpa
    Kalpa and around
    Sangla & Chhitkul and around
    Sarahan
    Shimla

If you have any specific questions, pl feel free to post them :)

Participant
    Replies: 2
    sivasubd on #25551

Dear Mr. Dheeraj
    Greetings.. I had recently concluded a trip to spiti valley (sept – october 2017 ) and would like to place my sincere thanks and appreciation for the work you have put in here. The various threads gave me an insight to the place and helped me plan my itinerary. It was of immense help all through as I was traveling with my parents who are senior citizens. Though I have visited Kaza a couple of times from Manali end, traversing the entire belt from Shimla to Manali by road needed a little bit more planning and this is where your blogs, advisory etc. came of help. Please continue this yoeman service and hope many more benefit from this blog of yours. – Sivasubramanian

Participant
    Replies: 324
    Pankaj on #25550

Thanks Sivasubramanian for your kinds words. Yours appreciation keep us motivated.

Anonymous on #25558

Happy and thrilled to join the community, looking forward to contributing to the community and have many memorable rides with like-minded passionate riders. :)

Thank you DoW – Himalayan Travel Community for providing such a wonderful platform.

Replies: 2359
    Vinod Raman on #25557

Ridesbyharsh wrote:

Happy and thrilled to join the community, looking forward to contributing to the community and have many memorable rides with like-minded passionate riders. :)

Thank you DoW – Himalayan Travel Community for providing such a wonderful platform.

Thank you Harsh for joining the forum. look forward to your participation here

Participant
    kevinwalsh on #25556

Hello,

I want to know about what is minimum cost of Himalaya tour for 15days???

Replies: 2942
    aashish2137 on #25559

kevinwalsh wrote:

Hello,

I want to know about what is minimum cost of Himalaya tour for 15days???

Hello. It really depends on where do you plan to visit and what kind of accommodation you choose for yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 167 total)
  • The topic ‘Launch, Focus and Vision | DoW – Himalayan Travel Community’ is closed to new replies.
Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend