It’s June 1st 2013 and it is time for a public launch of the DoW – Himalayan Travel Community.
After getting repeated large number of queries or requests on DoW Blog regarding Travel Itinerary Advice, Travel Partners, Sharing Travel Tales, Queries for Stay Options, Talking Travel etc., I thought of transforming the information spread across my blog to be used in a common platform i.e. a Community of like minded people or travelers who are interested in Traveling to Himalayas.
The community will provide us the platform where people or travelers from all walks of life and location:
- Can ask or reply to queries related to traveling to Himalayas as Itinerary advice or tour plans and help each other.
- Can find or meet other like minded travelers for traveling to Himalayas and share their journey as well as cost of taxis, hotels etc.
- Can read, learn and share more information and articles about traveling to Himalayas.
- Can share their own Himalayan Travel experiences in the form Travel Tales, Reviews of Stay Options or Eating Joints in Himalayas or read/know about other traveler’s experiences in the community.
- Can know or share about various kinds of travel news and updates for traveling to Himalayas including Roads Status and Road conditions across various parts of Himalayas.
- And many more things in the coming years…
The Focus of the DoW – Himalayan Travel Community is to create a travel community around Himalayas where travelers/tourists from various parts of the world can collaborate to share their Himalayan knowledge and experiences with each other. People can collaborate to find partners for their respective travels which increases their safety measures along with sharing and saving the cost of travel too. Finally, people can educate each others for Traveling to Himalayas and thereby get much more closer to them to travel with a difference!!
The Vision of this long running initiative and noble community is to help the people of Himalayas grow in their own sense and space by promoting different forms of social causes among fellow travelers to Himalayas !! To make it simple, the vision is to do something or the other that benefits the lives of Himalayan people and Himalayas
As an example, we as a community can educate each other to travel or to trek into various parts of Himalayas by connecting right local people (NOT agents) with each other such as local guides, porters, drivers, home stays, small but clean guest houses etc. so that a family or lives belonging to remote/tribal parts of Himalayas gets the actual benefit rather a middle-men who do not even care for the effort put in by the porter and reaps all the butter out of bread from him!! There can be other examples too and it is just one.
Together, let’s help each other to “Travel with a Difference” in Himalayas !!
Please spare five minutes and check more details regarding one of such social initiative from DoW at: DoW – Causes | A Step Towards Responsible Travel