Kargil – Penzi La – Padum Road Status

• dheerajsharma14 on #23542

Starting the thread to track updates of Kargil – Penzi La – Padum Road Status.

26th March 2018: Kargil to Padum road over Penzi La Pass has been opened.

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 6
    xaggle on #48213

Any update folks ?

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #48214

Nothing major happened on this route. The road is open and we are all set to leave on 4th September to Kargil and then further to Zanskar :D

Participant
    Replies: 4
    saurabhgujare on #48215

any updates on this route?
    it is very less discussed topic through-out :p
    Planning to visit Phugtal gompa this may…around 20th
    i contacted few people (taxi drivers) in srinagar and kargil…some of them say road to padum is open.
    any idea?

Participant
    Replies: 9
    sombhtt on #48216

Following

Sent from my Micromax Q394 using Devil On Wheels Travel Community mobile app

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #48217

Will soon post the updates on it.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #48218

Just got an update from Padum, the road to Padum from Kargil over Penzi La will open in mid of May

Anonymous on #48219

I will be there around 17th May !

Let’s see..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #48220

Superb, I am sure you will find it open. Now, Srinagar – Leh has been thrown open, pressure will be there to open it soon too :)

Anonymous on #48221

@dheerajsharma14 wrote:

Superb, I am sure you will find it open. Now, Srinagar – Leh has been thrown open, pressure will be there to open it soon too :)

Let’s see bhai ! [emoji4]

Hoping so..

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #48222

Kargil – Penzi La – Padum, Zanskar Valley road is expected to open by 15th May 2016

KARGIL: Vice Chairman J&K Khadi and Village Industries Board and MLA Zanskar Aga Syed Baqir Razvi accompanied by Executive Councillor for Zanskar Affairs LAHDC Kargil Tsering Angdus, Councillor Padum, Lungnak and Tangole and Deputy Commissioner Kargil Kacho Hassan Khan besides other District Officers assessed the pace of snow clearance work on Kargil-Zanskar National Highway from Kargil side at Kilometre 110 Shaffat Nallah.
    Aga Syed Baqir Razvi appreciating the efforts of the employees of Mechanical Department Kargil announced Rs 5,000 each for workers working on the Highway from both the sides. Tsering Angdus announced Rs 5,000 to each worker who is working from Kargil side.
    They also distributed Blankets and Jackets among workers of Mechanical Division from District Red Cross Society. Tsering Angdus informed that LAHDC Kargil is trying hard to open the road for traffic and it is likely to open before 15th May 2016.
    The 234 Km long Kargil-Zanskar Highway remains cut off from Kargil District Headquarter for more than six months due to snow on the highway from Tai Suru to Padum.

External Source: MLA Zanskar inspects snow clearance work Kargil-Zanskar NH to re-open by May 15

Anonymous on #48223

@dheerajsharma14 wrote:

Kargil – Penzi La – Padum, Zanskar Valley road is expected to open by 15th May 2016

KARGIL: Vice Chairman J&K Khadi and Village Industries Board and MLA Zanskar Aga Syed Baqir Razvi accompanied by Executive Councillor for Zanskar Affairs LAHDC Kargil Tsering Angdus, Councillor Padum, Lungnak and Tangole and Deputy Commissioner Kargil Kacho Hassan Khan besides other District Officers assessed the pace of snow clearance work on Kargil-Zanskar National Highway from Kargil side at Kilometre 110 Shaffat Nallah.
    Aga Syed Baqir Razvi appreciating the efforts of the employees of Mechanical Department Kargil announced Rs 5,000 each for workers working on the Highway from both the sides. Tsering Angdus announced Rs 5,000 to each worker who is working from Kargil side.
    They also distributed Blankets and Jackets among workers of Mechanical Division from District Red Cross Society. Tsering Angdus informed that LAHDC Kargil is trying hard to open the road for traffic and it is likely to open before 15th May 2016.
    The 234 Km long Kargil-Zanskar Highway remains cut off from Kargil District Headquarter for more than six months due to snow on the highway from Tai Suru to Padum.

External Source: MLA Zanskar inspects snow clearance work Kargil-Zanskar NH to re-open by May 15

Thanks dheeraj bhai !

Anonymous on #48224

Tomorrow leaving for Zanskar !

Will keep you posted

Replies: 2359
    Vinod Raman on #48225

Thank you saby. Please post once you cover the route

Sent from my iPhone using Devil On Wheels Travel Community mobile app

Participant
    Replies: 3
    Rock1407 on #48226

Hello All we are planning for Zanskar Trip around 3rd June…will the roads upto Padum be opened till that time as there is not offical news for this roads to be opened.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘Kargil – Penzi La – Padum Road Status’ is closed to new replies.
Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend