Good Eating Joints/Dhabhas at Spiti – Kinnaur Route

• dheerajsharma14 on #23187

Guys starting a thread to jot down the good eating points on the route to Spiti Valley and Kinnaur Valley under thsi thread that we know. Also, pen down any good eating points you came across within Kinnaur or Spiti town as well.

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 925
    navneet1986 on #44018

It is a good thread as on this route finding places to eat itself is a problem and then looking for good food!! 😮 😮

I want to give my contribution to this.

Daawat Restaurant (Between Shimla and Kufri) – It is a vegetarian restaurant. Though the preparation is quite simple, yet it is fresh and tastes good. Not so expensive.

Hilltop Restaurant – Reckong Peo – A Must Visit. It is on the first floor in the main market. There is an ATM near to it. Excellent Food. Have had a chance to have food their twice. Try Chicken Curry, Mutton Curry, Rajma Dal Rice. Highly recommended.. Fairly priced

Rani Didi’s Dhaba – Chhitkul – A great place to have home styled food. Served hot, fresh and with lots of love. Highly recommended. Fairly reasonable

Then we had a meal at Jhakri in the main market. Forgetting the name of the place. But there are not too many restaurants there. It was on the left hand side while going towards Kinnaur.

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #44019

Negi Dhabha or New Himalayan Dhabha, just on the left hand side of temple at Narkanda is great authentic place to have food. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, all you can rely on them including the awesome service as well. I will share the pictures very soon today

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtSpiti-Valley-Meet-2014-735.jpg[/attachment:27yjtd0k]wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtSpiti-Valley-Meet-2014-733.jpg[/attachment:27yjtd0k]wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtSpiti-Valley-Meet-2014-732.jpg[/attachment:27yjtd0k]wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtSpiti-Valley-Meet-2014-731.jpg[/attachment:27yjtd0k]wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtSpiti-Valley-Meet-2014-730.jpg[/attachment:27yjtd0k]wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtSpiti-Valley-Meet-2014-729.jpg[/attachment:27yjtd0k]

Participant
    Replies: 925
    navneet1986 on #44020

@dheerajsharma14 wrote:

Negi Dhabha or New Himalayan Dhabha, just on the left hand side of temple at Narkanda is great authentic place to have food. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, all you can rely on them including the awesome service as well. I will share the pictures very soon today

Oh yes how can I forget it. We stopped there for our breakfast last week when we were on our way to Tirthan.

The weather made the food tastier :)

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #44021

Yeah, one very nice place. Just added the pictures of it.

Participant
    Replies: 9
    ThePoorNomad on #44022

Being a traveler, I would like to add a couple of more options in this list. These cafes or restaurants are from Kaza town. So if you are in Kaza, you may give these options a try
    1. SOL CAFE
    It is a Tibetan Cafe situated in primary bazaar, Kaza.Run by Ecosphere, this bistro offers espresso and prepared things to its clients

2. THE HIMALAYAN CAFE
    The Himalayan Cafe is a sustenance and travel lounge at Kaza,Himachal Pradesh offering multi cooking nourishment ,drinks,books,activities and much more.

3. THE TASTE OF SPITI
    One of the best restaurant to try local delicacies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Good Eating Joints/Dhabhas at Spiti – Kinnaur Route’ is closed to new replies.
Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend