Delhi – Kinnaur – Spiti Valley | Road Conditions

• Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #26164

@puneetrajiv wrote:

Hello everyone,

What is the current status of the Nako Tabo road? Locals at kalpa are saying that the road is blocked till 25th august. Is this true?

Have been hearing it from many sources. I am trying to get in touch with locals but no luck yet. Will try to revert as soon as I get an update

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 14
    puneetrajiv on #26165

It’s confirmed. The road is now closed till further notice. We will be lucky if it opens tomorrow evening..

1 user thanked author for this post.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #26166

The landslide is major, as per locals and one person it will take sometime to open. So, chances are less

Participant
    puneetrajiv on #26167

Any alternative route for kaza?

Participant
    puneetrajiv on #26168

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtScreenshot_20170814-173306.png[/attachment:35q087f4]

Maps is showing some diversion before nako which reaches tabo.. Is this feasible?

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #26170

No alternative route exist that can bypass Nako. The one marked is old maling nala route which was abandoned almost 10 years back.

Participant
    puneetrajiv on #26171

Just returned from Mailing Nala last night. The road is fully collapsed. We talked to the BRO people and they have confirmed that it’ll take atleast a week for the road to be open for traffic. Pic attached in the next post.

Participant
    puneetrajiv on #26172

wordpress.2009-08-07.xml.txtIMG-20170816-WA0000.jpg[/attachment:112q7fl8]

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #26173

Thank you for the live update Puneet.

Participant
    Replies: 2
    ash16 on #26174

Hi. We are travelling from Chandigarh using the shimla route towards spiti. We’ll be crossing Nako on 23rd August.

Request someone to please share any updates on the road conditions near nako, whether the road has been restored.

Would it be advisable to take the manali route?

Participant
    Replies: 2
    ash16 on #26175

@puneetrajiv wrote:

Just returned from Mailing Nala last night. The road is fully collapsed. We talked to the BRO people and they have confirmed that it’ll take atleast a week for the road to be open for traffic. Pic attached in the next post.

Any updates on the road restoration? We would be crossing this on 23rd of august. Any advice if we should go ahead or reroute?

Thanks!

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #26176

@ash16 wrote:

@puneetrajiv wrote:

Any updates on the road restoration? We would be crossing this on 23rd of august. Any advice if we should go ahead or reroute?

Thanks!

The road has been opened for small vehicles like cars and bikes. Better have a contingency plan to go from Manali side as well and come back from Manali side. Let me know in case you need any help with itinerary

Participant
    Replies: 3
    sandyshm on #26159

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for the advice on doing Spiti Valley instead of Dharamshala/Dalhousie/Sach Pass!
    I posted my request 2 days back before joining the forum and now I have joined DoW formally. Earlier I planned to hire taxi but I couldn’t resist excitement of driving down myself.
    I will be travelling with my wife and 4 yr old kid. Read a few threads that people have done this track in Alto. I plan to do this circuit in a Wagon R.

Starting on 18th Sep: Karnal –> Shimal –> Sangala –> Tabo –> Mud Village –> Kaza –> Chandratal –> Manali –> Karnal (by 28th)

If the roads are clear, can I drive down in Wagon R? Ground clearance is my only worry.

Pls advice.

Sandeep

Replies: 2372
    Vinod Raman on #26160

@sandyshm wrote:

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for the advice on doing Spiti Valley instead of Dharamshala/Dalhousie/Sach Pass!
    I posted my request 2 days back before joining the forum and now I have joined DoW formally. Earlier I planned to hire taxi but I couldn’t resist excitement of driving down myself.
    I will be travelling with my wife and 4 yr old kid. Read a few threads that people have done this track in Alto. I plan to do this circuit in a Wagon R.

Starting on 18th Sep: Karnal –> Shimal –> Sangala –> Tabo –> Mud Village –> Kaza –> Chandratal –> Manali –> Karnal (by 28th)

If the roads are clear, can I drive down in Wagon R? Ground clearance is my only worry.

Pls advice.

Sandeep

Like you mentioned, ground clearance could be the only worry. But with less loading, and careful negotiation, you should be able to do it.

Participant
    Replies: 3
    sandyshm on #26161

Thanks Vinod!
    I was waiting to hear that.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 199 total)
  • The topic ‘Delhi – Kinnaur – Spiti Valley | Road Conditions’ is closed to new replies.
Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend