I don’t know where to post this so posting here. This article is about the list of things which one can carry if on a long off-road drive and can help in case they really get stuck badly in between.
1. Basic toolkit
2. Screw driver set
3. Small hammer
4. Two or three “2 ltr”empty bottles of pepsi / coke / limca etc to carry extra petrol or diesel (jerry cans will leak, cold drink bottles do not leak)
6. spare tube (must for bikes),
7. elfy or fevi quick
8. (2-3 sachets)
9. Basic Toolkit including Jack and Spanner
10. Air Compressor and Foot pump
11. Hydraulic Jack
12. Spare Tyre (Check for puncture before leaving)
13. Puncture Repair Kit
14. Jump Start Cables/wires
15. Spare Bulbs
16. Tow Away Rope approx. 3-6 ton Capacity
17. Spare Coolant and Engine Oil
18. A Long Stick/ Iron Rod
19. A Shovel and a Hammer
20. 2-3 Packs of M-Seal and Quick Fix/Fevi-Quick/Elfy
21. Plenty of Drinking Water and Snacks/Dry Fruits
22. Extra pair of clutch wires, clutch plates too
23. Electric Pump
24. Valve tube removing key
25. Tire removing lever
26. Tube patches
27. Spare Tube
28. Clutch Cable
29. Accelerator Cable
30. Handle Liver
31. Foot Rest Rod
32. Spanner (full set in all size)
33. Cutting player
34. Chain Lock
35. Spark Plug
36. Spare bike key
38. Additional fuel tank two 5 ltrs tank
39. Metal carrier
41. Fastening rope
Gears for biking
1. Sleeping Bags ( Quechua, Coleman)
2. Riding Jackets ( Cramster, Rjays, Harley Davidson)
3. Gloves ( Cramster Tundra, DSG, Harley) 2 pairs
4. Boots ( Military long boot lightweight, Quechua)
5. Socks ( Military woolen) 10 pairs
6. Thermals – top and bottom
5. Quechua Camelbacks
6. Elbow and knee guards ( cramster, fake AXOs)
7. Riding pants with armour + rain bottom
9. 2 -3 pairs of jeans
10. 5-6 tees
Bike Backup Kit: SOME POINTS:
1. Water Crossing: Water will be less in water crossing, before afternoon. So where ever if you find more water crossing, better ride at early morning. No worry, your bullet will cross any water, even though water over the engine.
2. Engine Breathing issue / engine carburetor: Its know issue, while going in some of the pass, because of less oxygen performance will go down. Some known solution 1. You can adjust the airflow in the Carburetor. Its simple, you can do it (or) 2. You can make more holes in Air filter.
3. Ur Breathing Issue: You can feel breathing issue in the pass, don’t worry about this. Your body will get adjust it soon for this. But general recommendation, you should not stay at any pass more than 20mins. Still if you find any bigger issue, you can reach any army camp (you can find it in all the passes) and they will provide you the first aid.
4. Shooting rock: Some of the mountain roads having this issue & its danger. Be aware of this and ride away from this mountain.
5. Clutch Plat Issue: Very often, Clutch plat will die in this region because of the road status, so better carry backup clutch plate (or) avoid using clutch very often.
6. Backup Petrol: Find the way to carry backup petrol for some road stretch (plan the distance). More you have petrol back-up, more you can ride at unexplored place.
7. Cold at Night: At Night Cold will be very high, Even though if you carry sleeping bag, it won’t work. Better stay at any paid tent or house or hotel.
Admin Note: Removed the basic kit in this article to avoid duplicate content on DoW.