Clothes and accessories for manali-leh bike expedition.

• Anonymous on #30983

I don’t know where to post this so posting here. This article is about the list of things which one can carry if on a long off-road drive and can help in case they really get stuck badly in between.

Bike accessories

Tool Kit
    1. Basic toolkit
    2. Screw driver set
    3. Small hammer
    4. Two or three “2 ltr”empty bottles of pepsi / coke / limca etc to carry extra petrol or diesel (jerry cans will leak, cold drink bottles do not leak)
    5. Funnel
    6. spare tube (must for bikes),
    7. elfy or fevi quick
    8. (2-3 sachets)
    9. Basic Toolkit including Jack and Spanner
    10. Air Compressor and Foot pump
    11. Hydraulic Jack
    12. Spare Tyre (Check for puncture before leaving)
    13. Puncture Repair Kit
    14. Jump Start Cables/wires
    15. Spare Bulbs
    16. Tow Away Rope approx. 3-6 ton Capacity
    17. Spare Coolant and Engine Oil
    18. A Long Stick/ Iron Rod
    19. A Shovel and a Hammer
    20. 2-3 Packs of M-Seal and Quick Fix/Fevi-Quick/Elfy
    21. Plenty of Drinking Water and Snacks/Dry Fruits
    22. Extra pair of clutch wires, clutch plates too
    23. Electric Pump
    24. Valve tube removing key
    25. Tire removing lever
    26. Tube patches
    27. Spare Tube
    28. Clutch Cable
    29. Accelerator Cable
    30. Handle Liver
    31. Foot Rest Rod
    32. Spanner (full set in all size)
    33. Cutting player
    34. Chain Lock
    35. Spark Plug
    36. Spare bike key
    37. Fuse
    38. Additional fuel tank two 5 ltrs tank
    39. Metal carrier
    40. Bungee
    41. Fastening rope

Gears for biking
    1. Sleeping Bags ( Quechua, Coleman)
    2. Riding Jackets ( Cramster, Rjays, Harley Davidson)
    3. Gloves ( Cramster Tundra, DSG, Harley) 2 pairs
    4. Boots ( Military long boot lightweight, Quechua)
    5. Socks ( Military woolen) 10 pairs
    6. Thermals – top and bottom
    7. Helmets
    8. Balaclava
    5. Quechua Camelbacks
    6. Elbow and knee guards ( cramster, fake AXOs)
    7. Riding pants with armour + rain bottom
    8. Undergarments
    9. 2 -3 pairs of jeans
    10. 5-6 tees

Bike Backup Kit: SOME POINTS:
    1. Water Crossing: Water will be less in water crossing, before afternoon. So where ever if you find more water crossing, better ride at early morning. No worry, your bullet will cross any water, even though water over the engine.
    2. Engine Breathing issue / engine carburetor: Its know issue, while going in some of the pass, because of less oxygen performance will go down. Some known solution 1. You can adjust the airflow in the Carburetor. Its simple, you can do it (or) 2. You can make more holes in Air filter.
    3. Ur Breathing Issue: You can feel breathing issue in the pass, don’t worry about this. Your body will get adjust it soon for this. But general recommendation, you should not stay at any pass more than 20mins. Still if you find any bigger issue, you can reach any army camp (you can find it in all the passes) and they will provide you the first aid.
    4. Shooting rock: Some of the mountain roads having this issue & its danger. Be aware of this and ride away from this mountain.
    5. Clutch Plat Issue: Very often, Clutch plat will die in this region because of the road status, so better carry backup clutch plate (or) avoid using clutch very often.
    6. Backup Petrol: Find the way to carry backup petrol for some road stretch (plan the distance). More you have petrol back-up, more you can ride at unexplored place.
    7. Cold at Night: At Night Cold will be very high, Even though if you carry sleeping bag, it won’t work. Better stay at any paid tent or house or hotel.

Admin Note: Removed the basic kit in this article to avoid duplicate content on DoW.

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #30984

[tag:35x3o22k]Dutta[/tag:35x3o22k], your topic has been merged to this thread.

@All, the Basic Travel Kit can be referred in the article: List of things to carry on Ladakh Trip

Anonymous on #30985

Hi [tag:2wrgwl9e]jkaushal[/tag:2wrgwl9e], [tag:2wrgwl9e]https://devilonwheels.com/india/member/jkaushal/[/tag:2wrgwl9e], honestly Original RE accessories are tempting but yet costly. I have been using a Cramster jacket and RJays trousers for quite a good time. In fact except for Helmets (with RE sticker), I havent met anybody that I remember using RE accessories. Jackets you can get done at any leather shop the way you want with/without armors. Else go with Cramster/DSG/RJays which fits best and suites your pocket :P
    For Boots, it depends what you want. I dont use Anklet-wala shoes, but they are for sure a good investment. Quechea and Weinbrenner are what I prefer. Gloves again Cramster.
    But all said and done, RE should be a passionate buy :mrgreen:

Also, sorry for a Late Reply :?

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2
    jkaushal on #30986

Punit Bro..

Thanks for your views,

Recently I brought Genuine RE gloves. Its classic.

Stay connected. :)

Participant
    Replies: 12
    rsanaka on #30987

hello sir,
    regarding accessories point of view I need one question&answer My vehicle is 350 cc electra enfield bullet 4gears on right and brake on left self start 2007 model , request what is the minimum or maximum spares required in route Kashmir-leh-manali-delhi from ;ramesh babu sanaka

Anonymous on #30988

Hey Jk
    RE riding gear is good for nothing they are expensive and only give you feel good factor….not even good in protection also and yes expensive too……..I will suggest you to go ahead for pro biker gloves as they are all weather one and also quite cheap…..using it for long…..happy with its response…..Try Cramster and DSG jacket of rylon and mesh …they are best in price category….Breezer is the name

Cramster also have good pair of boots….but I never found biking boots comfortable…..you can go for army boots instead….they have great response and Durability

Participant
    Replies: 1
    kanu330 on #30989

hello
    i am not able to find accesories like saddle bag etc for my re himalayan. can any one pls guide.

Replies: 2372
    Vinod Raman on #30990

[tag:2ndjbeza]PreetKamal[/tag:2ndjbeza][tag:2ndjbeza]NonStopDriver[/tag:2ndjbeza]

Participant
    Replies: 2532
    Yayawar on #30991

I’d doubt that any manufacturer has yet catered for the Himalayan. However, RE themselves have come up with nifty accessories for the Himalayan – why don’t you go for it?

Participant
    guptaswapnil7816 on #30994

Guys is gum boots essential to carry as there will be water nallas all the way. And if we will carry gum boots than regular woodland shies can do?

Participant
    Replies: 15
    Vaibhav46 on #30992

@kanu330 wrote:

hello
    i am not able to find accesories like saddle bag etc for my re himalayan. can any one pls guide.

Kanu you can check the Via terra Claw version 2.0 or the Dirtsack Gypsy. Check their official dealers on website. I got mine from Adventure 18 Satya Niketan Delhi

Participant
    Replies: 15
    Vaibhav46 on #30993

@guptaswapnil7816 wrote:

Guys is gum boots essential to carry as there will be water nallas all the way. And if we will carry gum boots than regular woodland shies can do?

Yes but get waterproof covers for them. I got my waterproof riding boots for ₹7500. But normal shoes also work with waterproof covering

Participant
    guptaswapnil7816 on #30996

Guys is putting sealant in bullet tube helpful….

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #30995

@guptaswapnil7816 wrote:

I will say not essentials but very handy while crossing nallas.

Participant
    Replies: 8
    sherilk6 on #30997

Hi, i am planning to Leh from srinagar by bike on june 4th..do i need to carry any rain coats..there will be any water pass in this rout..please help guys..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Clothes and accessories for manali-leh bike expedition.’ is closed to new replies.
Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there
JOIN OVER 30,000+ TRAVELLERS

who gets great travel deals, tips & updates from Devil On Wheels™ for FREE

You have been subscribed successfully to get latest travel updates, tips, and discounts for FREE.

Something went wrong!

Send this to a friend