All About Bike Ride to Ladakh & Himalayas

• PreetKamal on #23075

Here, we are starting a thread where you can find each and every important Topic about biking in Ladakh or Himalayas or Trans Himalayas including Ladakh, Spiti Valley and other remote parts of Himalayas. These are few articles we have that basically covers most of the queries related to a bike ride to Ladakh or other parts of Himalayas. Feel free to post any queries OR your own suggestions or suggest any topics we can cover under this head in order to help serve the bikers interested in bike ride to Ladakh or other parts of Himalayas.

Tips for a Bike Ride to Ladakh or other parts of Himalayas

Topics: 0
    Replies: 2359
    Vinod Raman on #42500

Good job Preet.. As earlier one had to search many posts to find bike related info. Now everything is available at one place. Thanks for taking this initiative [emoji4] [emoji4]

Keymaster
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Dheeraj Sharma on #42501

Thanks preet for taking this initiative and putting all under one thread. There are two articles in the side bar too of the main page. I will add them.

Participant
    Replies: 357
    soumen230213 on #42502

Good job Preet

Anonymous on #42503

Guys kindly tell me if anythg else has to be added or new article is needed in biking section..Will do tht

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #42504

Added few, sorted the links, and added image in it. Plus made the thread sticky.

Anonymous on #42505

Awesome dheeraj bhai..it looks more organised :D now..Cheers

Participant
    Replies: 12
    priteshp on #42506

Awesome article Preet, thanks a lot, keep rocking :)

Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 236
    sajalsheth on #42507

Very helpful.

Thanks.

Participant
    Replies: 9
    sushant on #42508

Awesome post. Each and every aspect of traveling is covered with such deep contrast. I’m halfway through reading it and I can safely say that this is the best bike travel guide to ladakh I’ve seen till now. Thanks for such a detailed post.

Keymaster
    Dheeraj Sharma on #42509

@sushant wrote:

Awesome post. Each and every aspect of traveling is covered with such deep contrast. I’m halfway through reading it and I can safely say that this is the best bike travel guide to ladakh I’ve seen till now. Thanks for such a detailed post.

Thanks, glad you loved it :)

Anonymous on #42510

@sushant wrote:

Thanks Sushant for nice comments….Cheers

Sent from my SM-J700F using Devil On Wheels Travel Community mobile app

Participant
    Replies: 4
    JERRY14 on #42511

all the members shared really nice information about bike riding. ?The one member shared really nice image of this. After reading your post, I have got nice information. Iw ould like to say that I am also a big lover of bike riding. I am sure I get moe information about this through your post.

Participant
    Replies: 14
    sh1vam on #42512

Hi Guys,

I am going to complete Srinagar – Leh – Manali circuit this July on bikes & I am going to transport them from Mumbai to Jammu or Ambala as I have heard that we get good riding gears ate reasonable rates in Ambala. This is the first time I am going to transport my bike to any outstation, any suggestions or experiences from the community as I am pretty sure many of the group members might have already done that. Please share your experience and put some light on the cost incurred, timing & risk factors involved in the process. Kindly help me decide the route to take directly Jammu or via Ambala. I am travelling by train from Mumbai.

Anonymous on #42513

Hi Shivam,

Great to know that you are going for journey of your life time…..But somewhat I am not comfortable with idea of travelling in July.. ..July is monsoon season and it can ruin your plans. If possible delay a little

Trust me Riding gears are not available at Ambala…..i am from Ambala only and I bought my gears either from Delhi or order them online..So I will suggest you to order it online

Transportation of bike is safe in train..you can either book it till Ambala or Jammu….Just pack it carefully…….Rest will be fine..it Should cost you about 2k to 3k bucks.

From Ambala you can go to Jalandhar to Pathankot to Udhampur to Ramban to Anantnag to Srinagar and there on forward and from Jammu you can go to patnitop and then to Srinagar
    Hope I am able to answer all your queries

Feel free to ask more queries….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘All About Bike Ride to Ladakh & Himalayas’ is closed to new replies.
Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend