Advice Needed for Spiti Trip

  • ravibhardwaj2305 on #25309

    I am planning a trip for Spiti Valley in Mid June with my brother. We have no time bound plans, so would like to follow the common plan mentioned on the website. I need advice on following. I will be travelling from Delhi – Shimla – Manali – Delhi

    1. I have a new dzire sedan. Should I attempt the trip on this or should I choose other mode ? I don’t want to break my car if its too difficult for this :?

    2. I would be staying at home stays, so could anybody tell me average rates of home stay there ?

    3. We have decided for Rs.15000/- per head budget with own car, if we are 3 person traveling together. Is it fine ? Or how much more I need to pull this off ?

    4. Any other advice which provides traveling comfort as well as is economical. 🙄

    5 users thanked author for this post.

    Keymaster
    Offline
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Has thanked: 6 times
    Been thanked: 2074 times
    Dheeraj Sharma on #62934

    ravibhardwaj2305 wrote:

    I am planning a trip for Spiti Valley in Mid June with my brother. We have no time bound plans, so would like to follow the common plan mentioned on the website. I need advice on following. I will be travelling from Delhi – Shimla – Manali – Delhi

    Welcome to DoW Community Ravi, that is wonderful to know that you do not have any time boundation and can follow the common itinerary for spiti Valley.

    Quote:

    1. I have a new dzire sedan. Should I attempt the trip on this or should I choose other mode ? I don’t want to break my car if its too difficult for this :?

    Then better go with some SUV rented from Delhi

    Quote:

    2. I would be staying at home stays, so could anybody tell me average rates of home stay there ?

    Average rates of home stays are around Rs 600-800 per night

    Quote:

    3. We have decided for Rs.15000/- per head budget with own car, if we are 3 person traveling together. Is it fine ? Or how much more I need to pull this off ?

    I will suggest reading: https://devilonwheels.com/cost-budget-for-spiti-valley-trip/

    4 users thanked author for this post.

    Participant
    Offline
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7
    Has thanked: 0 times
    Been thanked: 12 times
    ravibhardwaj2305 on #62933

    Thanks for such a quick reply.

    Quote:

    Then better go with some SUV rented from Delhi

    This would result in spending more. Is this trip cant be done with new dzire? I mean if its doable with no major issue then fine else I have no other option to look for other mode.

    6 users thanked author for this post.

    Moderator
    Offline
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2372
    Has thanked: 8 times
    Been thanked: 797 times
    Vinod Raman on #62932

    can definitely be done with new Dzire. just that you should be prepared for taking a few underbelly hits. Please also read

    https://devilonwheels.com/india/ladakh-zanskar-travel-guides/leh-ladakh-self-drive-tips-t185.html

    5 users thanked author for this post.

    Participant
    Offline
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7
    Has thanked: 0 times
    Been thanked: 12 times
    ravibhardwaj2305 on #62931

    Thanks, I’ll be very careful. :)

    Right now I am planning common itinerary for spiti. Is it fine with my car or should I drop some places?

    6 users thanked author for this post.

    Keymaster
    Offline
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9232
    Has thanked: 6 times
    Been thanked: 2074 times
    Dheeraj Sharma on #62930

    ravibhardwaj2305 wrote:

    Thanks, I’ll be very careful. :)

    Right now I am planning common itinerary for spiti. Is it fine with my car or should I drop some places?

    You will be able to cover most places from your car, I will suggest to avoid taking on the route to Chandratal. Park it at Battal and take either lift or hitch hike. Rest drive carefully and it should be fine.

    4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Lahaul, Spiti & Kinnaur Valley’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Follow us on Instagram & Ask any travel questions in DM there

Send this to a friend