I am just back from an awesome road trip of Spiti Valley or to be precise more of Hindustan – Tibet Highway or commonly known NH-22 (National Highway – 22) which concluded with a 26 Hr non-stop super drive from Kaza – Delhi. The highway runs through some of the beautiful places well known as Shimla, Narkanda, Kufri, Kinnaur, Tabo etc. Well, the words are short to explain the entire experience but I can share the present road conditions for all those who are planning a trip to Spiti Valley and for others, it may also act as reference of entire route between Delhi and Kaza, Spiti Valley. A detailed trip report/trip log and Travel Guide will soon follow up.
Some updates on Road Conditions between Delhi – Kinnaur Valley – Spiti Valley:
- Delhi – Kalka = Good + Excellent
- Kalka – Shogi = Good + Average
- Shogi – Shimla = Average
- Shimla – Theog = Poor + Very Poor
- Theog – Narkanda = Poor
- Narkanda – Rampur = Good
- Rampur – Bhawanagar = Average
- Bhawanagar – Powari = Poor + Average
- Powari – Jangi = Very Poor + Poor
- Jangi – Spillow = Good
- Spillow – Dubling = Poor
- Dubling – Khab diversion = Good + Very Poor
- Khab diversion – Nako – Geyu diversion = Good + Excellent
- Geyu Diversion – Tabo = Poor + Average + Good
- Tabo – Attargoo = Poor + Average
- Attargoo – Kaza = Good
- Kaza = Good
- Kaza – Kioto = Average
- Pin Valley = Poor + Average
I hope it will be useful for someone who is planning a trip in near future. Please feel free to ask any queries/doubts you have and I would be happy to revert back.
If you found above article useful, then PLEASE stay connected with us on Facebook or Twitter or Email Subscription for any himalayan travel queries or travel updates / tips / news / guides on Traveling to Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Kashmir and other parts of Himalayas. Travel, off the road with us...