I plan to travel to Tawang in the month of September. I am from hyderabad (south) and plan to travel between 14th & 22nd Sept 2018
- Is it a good time ?
- I will be reaching Guwahati and from there plan to take a bike/car on rent
- From there the plan is to reach tawang and back to Guwahati in that specified time.
- How are the roads and what hotels do you suggest and places to see
Could you please help plan an itinerary for me for 7 days.
Just asked Soumen da to reply on this thread. He is on a trip with limited connectivity.
Sorry for being late in replying to your query.
So here it is:
- You will need atleast 10 nights to explore the complete Tawang Sector
- or 7 nights to just do Tawang
- Sella Pass is on the way to Tawang from Guwahati
- From Tawang you must go to Bumla Pass and also stay one night in Zemithang
- You need ILP for entering Arunachal which can be got on-line
- For Bum-la and Zemithang you need special Army permits
- You have to mandatorily take the services of local jeeps from Tawang for Bum La and Zemithang…so no real value for taking self drive car on rent….Bike rental won’t be a problem, but consider that rented bikes are not always in the best of condition and can get you stranded in the mountains
- with 6 days you can somehow squeze out a Tawang trip but not Cherrapunjee and Shillong
- Yes Good time but better a couple of months later. Chances of rain and slush and landslides remains till mid October
- Itinerary as per night halts: Bhalukpong, Dirang, Tawang, Tawang-Bumla-Tawang, Tawang, Bomdila, Tezpur/Nameri/Guwahati
Please login or Register to submit your answer