I’m planning a trip to Chandratal lake on 30th Sept morning via bike and return on 1st, as per following itinerary:
30th: Manali to Battal- stay in Battal to avoid mountain sickness at Chandratal
1st: Battal- Chandratal- Manali
Please help me out with following:
- Do I need permission to travel by bike to travel through Rohtang
- While coming back, how safe is it to travel post sunset in case we get delayed.
- Where should we plan to stay in Battal?
- How much time would I take to reach Battal?
- How much time would I take to reach Chandratal from Battal and back to Manali.
Here are the replies:
1. Yes, you need permit to cross Rohtang Pass.
2. Try to avoid traveling at night, but even in worse case if it happens, dont be worried much as most water crossings will be dried.
3. There is a dhabha which will give you dorm type beds and there is a PWD guest house that is not in much good shape and does not have electricity.
4. Manali to Batal will be around 6.5 Hrs
5. Battal to Chandratal and spending time at Chandratal lake to Battal will be like 3-3.5 hrs and then back to Manali.
Thanks for such a prompt reply Dheeraj. Should I even consider driving straight to Chadratal and sleeping their the very first night?
Is it risky from acclimatization point of view?
I will not recommend and will suggest to keep the way you have above to sleep at Batal and making visiting Chandratal next morning.
Please login or Register to submit your answer