Your guidance is commendable. Your website and articles have been the main source for research for me and after reading everything, I have decided to write a comment asking for some help.
I am 37 and am planning a solo trip to Leh on the 28th November to 7th November. In the past I have experienced Winters and Snow in UK and Europe but nothing close to -20 degrees as this number keeps coming up. I have also done the Deoriatal Chandrashila 5 day Trek last year. I will be flying in and out of Leh.
1. If I am a single person, what would be the best option to follow your 8-day itinerary without breaking the bank? I am aware it will be extremely cold, is there a possibility, I can take the gear and try riding a bike to visit places or will this be outright foolish?
2. If the bike is not possible, what could be the next possible option to get around and see places that are listed on your itinerary?
3. I can hardly find any accommodation around Rs. 1000-1500 mark, even the accommodation you listed as 1000-1500 come up as 4000+ online. Will they offer such difference if I call them? I will be doing that right after this comment.
4. Should I book all my accommodation in Leh itself? I have read that booking can be done on the spot, how does that work? Do I take a cab from the Airport and ask him to take me to the best accommodation? Isn’t that how we used to get ripped off in the good olden days?
5. For your suggested 7 – 8 Days Itinerary for Leh – Ladakh in Winters, how much would it cost approximate apart from the air tickets, if possible and if you know it instantly, please give a figure, else, please don’t take the trouble of taking out time for this point. It would be nice to know approximately how much I will need to spend.
I have a million other questions but I will stop here. I have to thank you for the time you put into this website to inform travelers. You can only do this out of passion and not for monetary gains.
Being tracked here: http://devilonwheels.com/question/solo-ladakh-trip-in-winters/
Please login or Register to submit your answer