I have attached the itinerary of our 11 days road trip to leh ladakh, goin via delhi to kargil and coming back vis manali to back delh, our dates would be 28th june 2018 to 8th july 2018.
I am little confused about accomadation, incase you have any options in which place we should stay also when reaching leh on 1st july wether to stay at leh for another 3 days and do nubra valley pangong and tso moriri or to change our hotels again.
i am a bit confused about the stays, we are 8 people in 2 cars and looking for decent stay hotel, also some nice property which is not worth the miss we are ready to try that as well.
also which car would be preferably perfect to travel and drive???
please let me know the itinerary we have set looks fine or you suggest any changes…(we only have 11 days in hand)
also in detail if you can help with the things we should do in leh????
Itinerary for Road Trip
Day 1 – 28th June
- Delhi – Pathankot [500 Kms]
- Delhi – Kurukshetra [171 Kms]
- Kurukshetra – Jalandhar [220 Kms]
- Jalandhar – Pathankot [112 Kms]
Day 2 – 29th June
- Pathankot – Srinagar [335 Kms]
- Pathankot – Udhampur [137 Kms ~3 ½ hours]
- Udhampur – Verinag [120 Kms ~4 ¼ hours]
- Verinag – Srinagar [87 Kms ~2 ½ hours]
Day 3 – 30th June
- Srinagar – Kargil [203 Kms]
- Srinagar – Sonamarg [80 Kms ~2 ½ hours]
- Sonamarg – Kragil [123 Kms ~3 hours]
Day 4 – 1st July
- Kargil – Leh [217 Kms]
- Kargil – Lamayuru [103 Kms ~2 ¼ hours]
- Lamayuru – Leh [115 Kms ~2 ½ hour]
Day 5 – 2nd July
- Leh – Nubra Valley [160 Kms ~5 hours]
Day 6 – 3rd July
- Nubra Valley – Pangong Lake [198 Kms ~6 hours]
Day 7 – 4th July
- Pangong Lake – Tso Moriri [290 Kms ~7 hours]
Day 8 – 5th July
- Tso Moriri – Sarchu [228 Kms ~7 ¼ hours]
Day 9 – 6th July
- Sarchu – Manali [223 Kms ~7 hours]
Day 10 – 7th July
- Manali – Chandigarh [310 Kms ~9 hours]
Day 11 – 8th July
- Chandigarh – Delhi [260 Kms ~3 hours]
Well, I will highly recommend that you add a day in your plan for rest in Leh and getting permit from DC office in Leh to travel across Pangong Tso to Tso Moriri. The number of hours are off the chart at most places, do not consider more than 30 KMPH on an average or less in all the mountain roads. Pangong tso to Tso Moriri is easy 10+ hrs, sometimes 12+ too.
The plan is a bit hectic as you can yourself see, most days it is from 6 hrs to 10-11 hrs on the road only. But, if you are used to such drives, it is doable.You can check the nice, preferred list of accommodation options in entire Leh – Ladakh (Leh, Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso, Tso Moriri) including moderate (cheap budget hotels as well) in the series of articles starting on the link here.
Please login or Register to submit your answer