The new season for traveling to Leh – Ladakh has arrived. In this article today, I will share Leh – Ladakh Taxi Rates 2017 – 18 which are published by leh taxi union every year in April. Well, to my surprise, this year Leh taxi union has decided not to hike the taxi rates except few hundred bucks for airport transfers. It is the second year in a row now when Leh taxi union has decided not to hike the rates. I expected around 8-10% at least but the news is a very pleasant surprise. You might know that few of year ago the taxi union has separated the rates on the basis of the model and make of the taxis. There are XUVs too available as taxi now, which falls in the category of Innova and Xylo… The taxi grouping along with price hikes for this year, which is same as last year, are as follow with an exception of Xylo moving to Category B:-
- XUV, Innova and Aria (highest price tag) – No change in rates
- Xylo, Scorpio, Tavera, Sumo Grande, Qualis, Safari, etc.. (middle price tag) – No change in rates
- Eeco, Omni Van, Winger, Old Sumo, Bolero, etc.. (lowest price tag) – No change in rates
- Tempo Traveller / Wingers – No change in rates
Below you can find the entire rate list of Leh taxi union rates for 2017 – 18 for sightseeing purposes within Ladakh, towards Manali and towards Srinagar for this current year which is same as that of the last year. I have highlighted the important or most frequently referred rates in the rate list below just to ease out that task for you 🙂:
I am still enlisting below some of the most frequently visited trips in Ladakh and applicable Taxi rates for sightseeing to Nubra, Pangong Tso and Tso Moriri. This will help you quickly get rough idea of your budget for taxi in Leh – Ladakh.
- Srinagar – Leh in 2 days = Rs 18400
- Leh Local sightseeing = Rs 2500-3000
- Leh – Nubra Valley 2 Day = Rs 10566
- Leh – Pangong Tso 2 Day = Rs 10301
- Leh – Tso Moriri – Tso Kar – Sarchu – Manali 2-3 days = Rs 29056
- Leh – Manali 2 Days = Rs 21588
- Leh – Pangong Tso 1 Day = Rs 8653
- Leh – Nubra Valley 1 Day = Rs 8053
Leh – Ladakh Taxi Rates 2017
I am going to confirm or update the rate list as soon as it is printed by the taxi union this year. However, below updates are based upon discussions with working clerk at the union and other fellow locals and taxi guys who are using these Ladakh taxi rates for 2017-18 as well. So, please expect a refresh of images in a week or so.
Some Good Taxi Drivers in Leh – Ladakh
Following are the contacts of some very reliable taxi drivers within Leh – Ladakh. You can get about 12-15% of discount by directly getting in touch with these local drivers and of course, talking in person rather on phone always help in bargaining more. If you involve any travel agent, there is a likelihood of giving away these direct discounts given by the local drivers when you connect with them directly 🙂
- Rigzin – 09622954779, 09469472772. We know each other personally for last 7 years now and being more of a family friend to me now. He has a couple of Aria and a Scorpio but mostly remain booked for the season 🙂 :)… In case due to overload, if he is not available, he might help arrange some alternative. The best person to get hold off in entire Ladakh I will say. So, in case available, don’t miss the opportunity as traveling with this jovial, entertaining soul in remote corners of Ladakh is an experience in itself. He makes you feel laughing on the floor by all his story telling…
- Chamba – +91-9906999808, +91-9716507246. Chamba is a fabulous guy, know me personally very well along with DoW for last 2-3 years now. Very nice and humble person, tried by hundreds of readers along with Rigzin above with 100% positive feedback 🙂 🙂 …
- Sonam Angdus: His phone numbers: 09469272773. More like Rigzin and Chamba, Sonam ji has been associated with Devil On Wheels for a long time and have been to all our mega meets alongside Rigzin. He knows me and DoW very well and always happy to support all the members of Devil On wheels by any means he can. He is ex-serviceman, one of the best persons you will come across in Ladakh and his company will keep you soothing & safe. Never gets frustrated with many stops, always smiling and helpful. He runs a Xylo and is a very very safe companion. In case you get his availability, don’t feel hesitant to book him for the tour<7li>
- Sonam – 09419347945 | As per feedback below “Also he has a guest house ready at the Gompa village–named ‘Apna Ghar’.I am sure that would turn out to be one of the great places to stay in Ladakh, away from the market’s hustle bustle.Please find the details below.This guy definitely needs recommendation at your site. That’s the minimum I could do for the hospitality he and his family showered.He can provide stay as well as taxi for the tours in Ladakh.He Owns a black Innova.
- Karma Sonam: His phone numbers are :09419215110 (bsNL postpaid) , 09906991011 (Airtel prepaid). His email id is firstname.lastname@example.org. He speaks in English and Hindi nicely. Detailed Reviews in forum thread.
- Manzoor – 09622973951 | Very nice person, recommended by readers below as well
- Naseer – 09906229203 and 09469293183
- Dorjey – 09419372742, 09622969317
- Dorjay Anbchuk – 09419308051
- Tashi – 09469630613, 09906994647, 09419342238
- Tsewang – 09622993372
- Tsewang (not same as above) – 09419853528
- Sonam – 09419371012
- Abbas – 09622998367
- Abbas (not same as above) – 09622971759, 09469271786
I hope the above Leh – Ladakh taxi rate list for 2017 – 18 will be again useful for your upcoming Leh – Ladakh trip in the year 2017. Feel free to share it with your family & friends who are looking out for a trip to Ladakh this season. In case you have any questions or doubts, in planning your trip to Leh – Ladakh, please post them in the comments section of this article OR in “Ask a Travel Question” section of our website.