Spiti in March 2018

Ask your queries about planning a trip to Lahaul, Spiti & Kinnaur Valley or help other fellow travelers with their queries, in this forum.

Spiti in March 2018

Postby vinodlovessnow » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi All,

I joined today in DoW community and already got all the information needed to plan a bike trip to Spiti in March 2018. ;)

About myself: -- I am Vinod from Hyderabad who believes in "Live to Ride and Ride to Live". Been a rider and driver since past 10 years. I usually do solo trips and covered most parts of India.

Today, I am happy to have joined DoW community where there are liked minded, passion-ed, enthusiastic people. This forum already gave me enough information, tips, suggestions, precautions about any trip to Himalayas. I am grateful to be a part of this community as I can gain immense knowledge from co-travelers on many aspects and share my few cents.

Please see below my itinerary and kindly advice on any thing that I am missing on Spiti Valley road trip in March 2018. I am taking Shimla-rampur-kalpa-kaza road as the other one will be closed.

10 March - I will arrive in Delhi on 10th March by 1730 and Reach Chandigarh by night.
11 March - Renting an RE from Chandigarh around 0900. Chandigarh - Shimla - Narkanda before sunsets
12 March - Narkanda - Kalpa
13 March - Kalpa - Kaza and rest
14 March - Explore and stay in Key Monastery
15 March - Start back from Kaza - Kalpa and rest
16 March - Kalpa - Reach Chandigarh back
17 March - Reach Delhi - Rest
18 March - Board flight at 0730 to Hyderabad
End of trip

Any suggestions are of a great help regarding stay, change of stops, or anything.
Also do let me know of anyone is travelling during the same period.

"Live to Ride and Ride to Live"

Re: Spiti in March 2018

Postby getpackingvinod » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi Vinod, you must already be on your trip now.. apologies for not seeing this earlier, hope you're having a wonderful time :)

not commenting on itinerary since you are already on trip :)
Site Moderator

Return to Lahaul, Spiti & Kinnaur Valley