Srinagar-Leh-Nubra-Pangong-Manali : 2018

Ask your queries about planning a trip to various parts of the Himalayas or help other fellow travelers with their queries, in this forum.

Srinagar-Leh-Nubra-Pangong-Manali : 2018

Postby Thedesika » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi, I am planning a trip along with my family of 4-7 members as below itinerary. Should we book taxi and stay in advance?if yes,then request expert advice on tour plan, best taxi and accommodation details. I have traveled on my bike as per plan B in 2017 so I have fair idea about the route and stay

Plan-A

Nights Date Trip
1 23-May Jammu - Srinagar
2 24-May Srinagar Local
3 25-May Srinagar - Kargil
4 26-May Kargil - Lamayuru, Leh
5 27-May Leh Local
6 28-May Leh-Hunder
7 29-May Hunder Local
8 30-May Hunder-Pangong
9 31-May Pangong - Tso Morori
10 1-Jun Stay at Tso-Morori
11 2-Jun Tso-Morori - Sarchu
12 3-Jun Sarchu-Manali
13 4-Jun Manali-Chandigarh

Plan-B

Nights Date Trip
1 23-May Jammu - Srinagar
2 24-May Srinagar Local
3 25-May Srinagar - Kargil
4 26-May Kargil - Lamayuru, Leh
5 27-May Leh Local
6 28-May Leh-Hunder
7 29-May Hunder Local
8 30-May Hunder-Pangong
9 31-May Stay at Pangong
10 1-Jun Pangong - Thiksey
11 2-Jun Thiksey - Sarchu
12 3-Jun Sarchu-Manali
13 4-Jun Manali-Chandigarh
Thedesika

Re: Srinagar-Leh-Nubra-Pangong-Manali : 2018

Postby getpackingvinod » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:47 pm

your plan A is good to go. No need to pre book.

3rd June is a bit of bet on the Manali leh road being open. This year there's been less snow, so fingers crossed :) Make alternative arrangement to head back to srinagar / fly back from Leh
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Postby Thedesika » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Thanks Vinod. We may delay the plan by a week, hope Rohtang will open by then. In spite so many posts on this topics, we still have few Qs. Hope you can help us. We are planning to hire a taxi from Srinagar for the entire trip till drop in Manali. Is that possible? If yes, how much it would cost approx? If not can you please suggest alternatives? At least we want to cover Leh-Nubra-Shyok-Pangong-Tso Morori-Sarchu-Manali hiring a taxi. Last Year I have been there on my bike so I have basic idea about the trip/accommodation.
Thedesika

Postby getpackingvinod » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:31 pm

keeping fingers crossed on Rohtang opening. there's not much snow this year, so hopeful.

Yes, a Leh based driver will pick you from Srinagar, take you sightseeing in Ladakh and drop you in a Manali.

For the fare, you should refer to the Taxi union chart, and add up the fare for each sector , then discount it by 15%. this will give you an indicative fare, speak to a couple of drivers to get their quote and then decide.

Taxi fare for last year is here: http://devilonwheels.com/leh-ladakh-taxi-rates-2017-18/
Hope that it doesn't change this year
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Return to Itinerary Advice