Leave luggage on the motorbike while sigthseeing?

This is the forum where you can find miscellaneous information related to traveling in general or anything that does not fall in above categories of Himalayan Travel.

Leave luggage on the motorbike while sigthseeing?

Postby Carletes » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi everybody!

We are travelling from Manali to Leh in middle September with a couple of motorbikes. Our luggage will be fitted into a waterproof bag and tied to the back of the motorbike. We're wondering if it's safe/normal to leave our stuff with the motorbikes while visiting a town or a temple on route or should we keep it with us or secure it with any kind of steel net + lock. We come from Spain where nobody should leave the luggage unattended but we've travelled to many countries where nobody even think of touching your stuff. That's why I'm asking :)

What do you think??

Thanks a lot
Carletes

Re: Leave luggage on the motorbike while sigthseeing?

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:52 am

Carletes wrote:Hi everybody!

We are travelling from Manali to Leh in middle September with a couple of motorbikes. Our luggage will be fitted into a waterproof bag and tied to the back of the motorbike. We're wondering if it's safe/normal to leave our stuff with the motorbikes while visiting a town or a temple on route or should we keep it with us or secure it with any kind of steel net + lock. We come from Spain where nobody should leave the luggage unattended but we've travelled to many countries where nobody even think of touching your stuff. That's why I'm asking :)

What do you think??

Thanks a lot

Well, mostly it is safe in general in LAdakh and haven't much heard of things being stolen. However, things have been changing. I will not suggest doing it in Manali at all. But Leh - Ladakh places are mostly safe in general. I will suggest you do not keep any valuables like money, electronic, jewelry, documents in it and rest you can rely on it.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Return to Miscellaneous