Trip To Rewalsar July 2017

Share your Rest of Himachal Pradesh traveling experiences or stories with other like minded travelers, in this forum.

Trip To Rewalsar July 2017

Postby MetalHead » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:22 am

Contemplating between places to visit for a short holiday is really difficult, especially when travelling with family. You have to consider everything distance, location, availability of stuff in emergency, budget for accommodation. This time I won on everything, I said let everything as it is.
Didn’t want to go towards either Uttarakhand or Shimla.

So it was Rewalsar. The accommodation would be HP Tourist Inn.

1st July 2017

The drive was going to be long for the day as we would be bowing head to Kalka Mata first and then going towards Rewalsar. So we left Noida around 4am for Kalka first. The temperature in Noida at that time was around 29DC. We reached Amrik Sukhdev at around 5:30am for our ritual morning tea, however also could not resist hogging delicious looking Parathas with white butter. We halted there for an hour or so. It did rain at some stretches on the way, however overall it was a smooth drive till Kalka.

We were at Kalka around 9:45am. Bowing head and all took around 1hr. Started drive from there and hit the Una road. I enquired beforehand from the HP hotel in Rewalsar as to which route should we take and they advised me for this Una route instead of Bilaspur/Sundernagar. The road till Ghanauli was ok, not good. But post that it was a smooth tarmac. Exactly at 2pm we were at one of the crossing in Una from where we would take another cut for road going towards Rewalsar. We took a halt there at a roadside restaurant of 45 mins for refreshment. It was quite hot there and it felt like a disappointment.

We then preceded our drive through foothills which crossed places Jhambar, Barsar, Bhota, Ladraur, Jahu and Rewalsar. The road was as smooth as butter which made the drive enjoyable and the clouds were gradually overcastting which made me nervous at the same time. By 3:30pm we were at the Gobind Sagar view point and what an amazing view it was.

Exactly at 6pm we were at HP Tourist Inn. Gladly the weather was good. It was humid but not that humid to make us sweat. It was pleasantly good. We then checked in and opted for another room with better lake view. Checking in is incomplete with a hot tea, so we ordered tea for refreshment.

In room when we turned on the fan (only wall hanging small fan available in room) we were feeling cold.

Post tea, we went for a small walk around the lake. Enjoyed evening views from the lake. The place was very much empty. Mostly people from Punjab were there and guys on bike for bowing head at Gurudwara. The best part of the place was that it had all the three religions around it. Buddhist Gompa, Gurudwara and Hindu Temple. And beside that the place was so serene and calm and peaceful, which I was looking for and love.

Since our Dinner and Breakfast was included in package, we had that early to have a good night sleep.

We slept with fan turned on and heavy Duvet(Razai)

IMG_20170701_054612.jpg
Parantha at Amrik Sukhdev
IMG_20170701_054612.jpg (32.53 KiB) Viewed 126 times

DSC_0116.JPG
Views from room balcony
DSC_0116.JPG (64.81 KiB) Viewed 126 times

DSC_0117.JPG
Views from room balcony
DSC_0117.JPG (79.91 KiB) Viewed 126 times

DSC_0120.JPG
One of the idol of Buddhist religion
DSC_0120.JPG (108.98 KiB) Viewed 126 times

DSC_0124.JPG
Buddhist Temple view from Hotel
DSC_0124.JPG (150.88 KiB) Viewed 126 times

DSC_0125.JPG
Cloud covered mountain top behind which there is a local temple of "Maa Naina Devi Temple". It is such a serene place. And the Buddhist flag prayers visible here in the photo are of Buddhist Temple Caves.
DSC_0125.JPG (59 KiB) Viewed 126 times

DSC_0127.JPG
Buddhist prayer flag cleansing the air
DSC_0127.JPG (68.96 KiB) Viewed 126 times

DSC_0129.JPG
Cloud formation view from Rewalsar Lake
DSC_0129.JPG (42.42 KiB) Viewed 126 times

To be continued....
MetalHead
Tripper

Re: Trip To Rewalsar July 2017

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:55 am

As usual, what a treat Vibhu bhai !! Wonderful and refreshing greenery and that sight of mountains just takes me away no matter where I live...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to always keep coming back and sharing the wonderful stories with us. Your contribution to the travel tale section is unparalleled. :)
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby getpackingvinod » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 pm

nice start vibhu bhai.. waiting for more :)
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Postby mosederbaer » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Vibhu bhai bahut badiya start. It is always refreshing to read the logs of your trips. The pictures are also good and they always bring mountains close to us. Thanks for starting this new one. Waiting for story to unfold.... :)
Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Return to Rest of Himachal Pradesh