Mesmerising Spiti trip..

Share your Lahaul, Spiti & Kinnaur Valley traveling experiences or stories with other like minded travelers, in this forum.

Mesmerising Spiti trip..

Postby ananya14 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:43 pm

Hello everyone

I am Ananya Bose from Kolkata. I just visited Spiti valley with my family. We took the Shimla-Kaza route.
Kolkata - Delhi - Shimla - Sarahan - Sangla - Chitkul - Sangla - Kalpa - Nako - Gue - Kaza - Dhankar - Kaza - Tabo - Kalpa - Narkanda - Kalka - Delhi - Kolkata
We had the trip of our lifetime. It is the most beautiful place we have visited till date. As you know you cannot get enough of its beauty no matter how many times you visit the place. The one who made our trip more memorable was our driver rather companion Mukesh(Monty)Sharma. We are thankful to him. We got his number from Anil Kumar who is enlisted among your DOW's drivers list. Since Anil ji got stuck while trekking and couldn't reach us he recommended Monty ji. Monty ji is a gem of a person and very safe to travel with. He is very responsible, punctual, polite, well mannered, cheerful, never got irritated. We travelled with him for 11 days.
He drives a 7 seater innova
Based out of Shimla and claims to have 7 years of experience. He knows all the roads of the circuit in and out and is an excellent driver.
Highly recommended by us
I request Dheeraj ji to kindly add his number to the DOW's drivers list for Kinnaur and Spiti valley.
He can be contacted @9816053050(whatsapp no.)
9459953121(BSNL no.)
He is still in touch with us. He is like family now :)
ananya14

Re: Mesmerising Spiti trip..

Postby mosederbaer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:08 pm

@ananya14 thanks a lot for taking time out to post a update about your trip. Can we all request to share a small travel tale with pictures. I would also request moderators to add the name and contact number of Mr monty in the list of recommended drivers for spiti valley.
Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:08 pm

Anil bhai, the number added to the list.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby anshckt » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:51 am

I also did the same circuit. For 8 days. 9ne of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Anil bhai recommended me Bhanu Bhai. Very Nice Person and very helpful. He owns a Innova and very well maintained. He can be contacted at 9418661109

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Devil On Wheels mobile app
anshckt

Postby Varunsharma8686 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Why did u miss chandertaal lake. May be kunjum la is not yet open. But still u made a very very good trip. Covering shimla, kinnaur n spiti District
Varunsharma8686
Tripper

Postby ananya14 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:43 pm

Varunsharma8686 wrote:Why did u miss chandertaal lake. May be kunjum la is not yet open. But still u made a very very good trip. Covering shimla, kinnaur n spiti District

Yes, unfortunately Kunzum La was not open at that time..we did miss chandrataal[PENSIVE FACE]...and yes we had a rlly good trip..no worries next time will cover chandrataal for sure
ananya14

Postby ananya14 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 pm

mosederbaer wrote:@ananya14 thanks a lot for taking time out to post a update about your trip. Can we all request to share a small travel tale with pictures. I would also request moderators to add the name and contact number of Mr monty in the list of recommended drivers for spiti valley.

Thank you...and yes i will share our travel tale..
ananya14

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:29 am

ananya14 wrote:
mosederbaer wrote:@ananya14 thanks a lot for taking time out to post a update about your trip. Can we all request to share a small travel tale with pictures. I would also request moderators to add the name and contact number of Mr monty in the list of recommended drivers for spiti valley.

Thank you...and yes i will share our travel tale..

Looking forward to it.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:31 am

anshckt wrote:I also did the same circuit. For 8 days. 9ne of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Anil bhai recommended me Bhanu Bhai. Very Nice Person and very helpful. He owns a Innova and very well maintained. He can be contacted at 9418661109

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Devil On Wheels mobile app

Thank you Ansh for sharing the details with us. Updated in the drivers thread.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby connectinfomedia » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Thanks Ananya
I'm on a similar plan end of Sep. Please advise
Day1 12noon Del-Shimla
Day2 Shimla local
Day3,4 Kaza
Day5 Kalpa
Day6 ????
Day7 Delhi, ok with late return as flying back 7am on 1st