In search of a girl for Spiti/Tso moriri in July.

Find or meet other like minded travelers for your trip to various parts of the Himalayas and share your journey as well as cost of taxis, hotels etc., in this forum.

In search of a girl for Spiti/Tso moriri in July.

Postby alokbadwaik » Fri May 19, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi, we are two guys and a girl planning to travel to spiti and Tso-moriri in the month of July. The following is our itinerary:
8 Jul - Mumbai to New Delhi by train.

9 Ju--Delhi – Shimla / Narkanda
- Shimla sightseeing includes Famous Ridge, Mall Road, Lakkar Bazaar, Jakhu Temple
- Narkanda is about 60 KMs from Shimla takes about 2 Hrs About 8 Hrs drive to Shimla
- Overnight at Shimla or Narkanda, which ever suits .

10 Jul --Shimla / Narkanda – Sangla / Chitkul (Kinnaur Valley)
- Leave early, if from Shimla and enjoy the vistas en route. Can plan for lunch at Rampur About 8 – 9 Hrs of beautiful drive through Kinnaur Valley
-Overnight at Sangla

11 Jul --Sangla – Chitkul – Sangla – Kalpa -
- Leave early to spend some time at beautiful Chitkul Village Visit Kamru Fort at Sangla as well before going back to Kalpa
- Watch the lovely sunset and sunrise (next day) at Kalpa over Mount Kinner Kailash
- About 4 – 5 Hrs of total drive on this day
- Overnight at Kalpa

12 Jul --Kalpa – Nako – Nako Lake – Geyu Mummy – Tabo
- Start the day early and watch the vistas en route over Hindustan Tibet Highway Check Out Khab, Confluence of Spiti and Satluj Rivers
- See the Leo Purygal Peak from Khab Bridge Have your lunch at Nako Lake
- Meet the dreaded Malling Nalla ahead of Nako
- After Chango – Sumdo you will enter Spiti Valley. After Sumdo police registration, detour towards Geyu Village to visit the 500 Year old Mummy
- About 8 – 9 Hrs drive, depending upon the breaks in between
- Overnight at Tabo

13 Jul--Tabo – Dhankar – Dhankar Lake – Pin Valley (Mud Village)
- Visit Dhankar Monastery and Dhankar Lake and leave after early lunch
- Enjoy the magnificent vistas all day Traverse the Pin Valley | Kungri – Sagnam – Mud – Tailing About 4 – 5 Hrs of drive in the day
- Overnight at Mud Village in Pin Valley

14 Jul--Pin Valley – Kaza – Ki – Kibber – Gette – Tashigang – Kaza
- Head for Kaza, headquarters of Spiti Valley
- Have lunch at Kaza and check in to hotel
- Visit Ki – Kibber – Gette – Tashigang in the second half of the day.
- Ki is a famous monastery and others are places to explore as a lovely drive Tashigang is where the road ends but again beautiful drive
- About 4 – 5 Hrs of drive in the day
- Overnight at Kaza

15 Jul--Kaza – Hikkim – Komik – Langza – Kaza / Losar
- Today visit the road less travelled or off b eat places near Kaza Great view of Chau Chau Kang Nelda peak from Langza Statue of the Buddha near Langza looking down the valley
- Tanggyud monastery at Komik, is one of the most important and the highest monastery in the Spiti Valley
- You can move to Losar if you would like to stay away from hustle bustle of Kaza About 2 – 3 Hrs of drive in the day excluding Losar
- If planning to go to Losar, Enjoy the most scenic drive of entire Spiti Valley between Losar and Kaza at an easy pace About 2 – 2.5 Hrs drive between Losar and Kaza, depending upon the breaks you take in between Overnight at Kaza or Losar

16 Jul--Kaza / Losar – Kunzum Pass – Chandratal / Battal
- Visit Chandratal via Kunzum Pass and enjoy the day there Camps are about 2.5 KMs from the lake, either stay there or back to Battal where there is a PWD rest house now though without electricity. But, no point going back a painful ride to Losar over Kunzum Pass unless you want to stay in guest house with electricity. Better stay at Battal and save time as well as energy for next day. About 4 – 5 Hrs drive minimum
- Overnight at Battal or Chandratal Camps

17 Jul - Chandratal Camp to Pang

18 Jul- Pang to Tso Moriri

19 Jul- Tso moriri to Jispa

20 Jul-- Jispa to Manali
- Head back to Manali via Rohtang Pass Drive

21 Jul -- Manali – Delhi
- If there is time explore Manali, that is if going by overnight Volvo which starts around 5.30 PM Manali Local sightseeing which includes Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Mall Road, Local Monastery, Old Manali, Vashisth Hot Water Springs (never found it interesting) etc.
- About 12-14 Hrs drive, depending upon the breaks you take in between Back Home

22 Jul Delhi to Mumbai by Flight

We are looking​ for a girl for the above trip. We are planning to hire creta from zoom car, delhi. Please reply here or send me an email on alokbadwaik@gmail.com
alokbadwaik

Re: In search of a girl for Spiti/Tso moriri in July.

Postby Varunsharma8686 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:27 am

Dear bro at least 50% of ur plan is absolutely not workable. Better search Dow for iternairy or ask for it.
Varunsharma8686
Tripper

Postby mosederbaer » Sat May 20, 2017 7:54 am

Somewhat agrees with Varun Bhai here. You will not be allowed to visit tso moriri while coming from pang side. It requires permit which can only be obtained from DC office in leh. I will suggest to skip pang and tso moriri on this trip and spend those extra or spare days at any of these places- kalpa, sangla, chitkul, kaza or Manali.

Also note that batal has very basic stay facility so it will be better to spend that night at camping site near chandratal.

Hope it helps...
Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby Varunsharma8686 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:03 am

and pls be prepared if the road to chandertaal is closed due to slides. Last year it was. Anyhow Chandigarh to sangla in one day is torture
Varunsharma8686
Tripper

Postby alokbadwaik » Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 am

mosederbaer wrote:Somewhat agrees with Varun Bhai here. You will not be allowed to visit tso moriri while coming from pang side. It requires permit which can only be obtained from DC office in leh. I will suggest to skip pang and tso moriri on this trip and spend those extra or spare days at any of these places- kalpa, sangla, chitkul, kaza or Manali.

Also note that batal has very basic stay facility so it will be better to spend that night at camping site near chandratal.

Hope it helps...

I am in touch with a travel agent from leh( as suggested by Dheeraj) and he is ready to arrange permit and ready to send it by courier.
Thanks
alokbadwaik

Postby alokbadwaik » Sat May 20, 2017 8:22 am

Varunsharma8686 wrote:Dear bro at least 50% of ur plan is absolutely not workable. Better search Dow for iternairy or ask for it.

Bro, except Tso-Moriri part , rest of the itinerary is as per the itinerary available on this site. Tso-Moriri part is made by me as Mr. Dheeraj suggested to take risk after arranging permits and all. And what's the point in doing adventure with zero risk , dude ;)
alokbadwaik

Postby Varunsharma8686 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:12 am

Anyhow good luck. And thanks for the idea of travel agent.
Varunsharma8686
Tripper

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:27 am

Alok, did we work out this?

17 Jul - Chandratal Camp to Pang
18 Jul- Pang to Tso Moriri

I really doubt I would have said yes to it else it is too much work load for me I will say :lol:
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby alokbadwaik » Mon May 22, 2017 8:34 am

Hi Dheeraj, ofcourse the other half itinerary is prepared by me .... If i am not able to reach pang in one day then will stop at jispa or keylong.
alokbadwaik

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:05 am

alokbadwaik wrote:Hi Dheeraj, ofcourse the other half itinerary is prepared by me .... If i am not able to reach pang in one day then will stop at jispa or keylong.

Cool, I am much relieved now :D ...

Anyways, jokes apart, please ensure you don't try anything insane and better to add a day than to spoil the rest of the trip. Do the journey to Jispa or Sarchu at max if at all required and then make Jispa to Tso Moriri
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Return to Travel Partners