Spice restaurant in Barot Himachal

Share your reviews of Restaurants & Eating Joints in Himalayas with other like minded travelers, in this forum.

Spice restaurant in Barot Himachal

Postby blackfog » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:19 pm

I visited Barot twice and ate quite a few meals at the Spice Restaurant. It can be seen here on the map: https://goo.gl/maps/EtXfEWJtY1K2.

While there are a few options to eat a full meal or have a snack in Barot and Multhan, I'd recommend Spice restaurant for the following points. I am sharing subjective review with adjectives. I'd rather share my personal rank of the place and let you decide. Note that the following points are obviously not considering a posh Delhi restaurant as benchmark. The benchmark really are the small-town dhabas that offer tasty food.

Ambiance and music: 1/5
Taste and freshness: 5/5
Serving size: 4/5
Staff and service: 2/5 (one person runs the entire joint; don't expect super-fast service)
Variety and specials: 3/5
Costing: 4/5
Value for money: 3.5/5
The top thing I wish they did better was to improve their speed of serving. If you are staying nearby and don't want to venture out at night, you can order home (hotel!) delivery.

The contact number of the restaurant is below:

Another photo of the ceiling:

blackfog

Re: Spice restaurant in Barot Himachal

Postby getpackingvinod » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Thank you for the review Aashish :) And your suggestion on the speed for webpage loading too ..
getpackingvinod
DoW Core Team

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:13 am

Thank you Aashish !! This will really help others spending night. We stayed at River View Home stay at Barot and it was quite nice as well. The food was mostly good there too.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby blackfog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:15 pm

dheerajsharma14 wrote:Thank you Aashish !! This will really help others spending night. We stayed at River View Home stay at Barot and it was quite nice as well. The food was mostly good there too.

Thanks Dheeraj. It is good to know about the River View Home and I shall try it out on my next trip.
I also post the reviews on maps.google.com. So I shall share my findings there.
blackfog

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:34 am

That's great Aashish. Looking forward to it.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Return to Restaurants & Eating Joints in Himalayas