Planning for Leh Ladakh in July 2017

Ask your queries about planning a trip to various parts of the Himalayas or help other fellow travelers with their queries, in this forum.

Planning for Leh Ladakh in July 2017

Postby gokool » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi dhiraj,

We are planning for Leh Ladakh from 8th July 2017 till 22nd of July 2017. We are planning to reach Chandigarh on 8th of July. We want to complete Leh, Rohtang, Spiti, Tso Moriri, Tso Kar, Kargil, Khardung La, Nubra, Srinagar and other major places there. Hence we wanted itinerary advise for the same.

Regards,
Gokul
gokool

Re: Planning for Leh Ladakh in July 2017

Postby vipulkhater » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:42 am

Do you plan a self ride on two wheeler, bike? I'm vipul from Bangalore.

Sent from my XT1068 using Devil On Wheels Travel Community mobile app
vipulkhater

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:26 am

gokool wrote:Hi dhiraj,

We are planning for Leh Ladakh from 8th July 2017 till 22nd of July 2017. We are planning to reach Chandigarh on 8th of July. We want to complete Leh, Rohtang, Spiti, Tso Moriri, Tso Kar, Kargil, Khardung La, Nubra, Srinagar and other major places there. Hence we wanted itinerary advise for the same.

Regards,
Gokul

Gokul, you plan to visit Spiti Valley as well and hence you should refer the thread: http://devilonwheels.com/spiti-valley-t ... itinerary/
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby gokool » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi Vipul,

Yes, we have planned for a self drive. We are currently 4 ppl for this trip.
gokool

Postby gokool » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi Dhiraj,

Please provide us details of the Permits required for full Leh Ladakh Circuit. Which all places we need permits and where can we obtain those permits.

Regards,
Gokul
gokool

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:55 am

gokool wrote:Hi Dhiraj,

Please provide us details of the Permits required for full Leh Ladakh Circuit. Which all places we need permits and where can we obtain those permits.

Regards,
Gokul

Gokul you can refer: http://devilonwheels.com/ladakh-inner-line-permits-process-download-form/

You will find all the details in above two articles and feel free to post any questions you may further have,
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby Nareshkankaria » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:30 am

Hi Gokul I'm also planning to go bike from Delhi to leh ... as of now I'm travell alone .... let me know if I could join you guys at Delhi ... I will be coming from chennai with my Bullet .. thanks
Nareshkankaria

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Nareshkankaria wrote:Hi Gokul I'm also planning to go bike from Delhi to leh ... as of now I'm travell alone .... let me know if I could join you guys at Delhi ... I will be coming from chennai with my Bullet .. thanks

Naresh there is a reply on your thread as well.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby gokool » Tue May 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi Dheeraj,

We are hearing lot of news of tensed issues in Srinagar. Is it advisable to take Srinagar route. The itinerary planned as of now is:

Chandigarh - Pathankot - Srinagar - Kargil - Leh - KhardungLa - Nubra - Spangmik - Leh - Tso Moriri - Sarchu - Keylong - Spiti - Kalpa - Shimla - Chandigarh.

I read through a recent update on DOW Facebook page that now inner line permits are required for Indian Tourists in Ladakh region, can you please provide more information on the permits. Can we get those permits online ? What is the validity in days for those permits ?

Also please provide us information if we plan to take Keylong - Rohtang - Manali, do we need permits ?

Regards,
Gokul
gokool

Postby pruthvi » Tue May 02, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi. I'm doing the trip on same dates, almost same route. Check this for detailed itinerary.

Bike Ride-09-July: Chandigar-Srinagar-Leh-Manali-Chandigarh

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Rider, Traveler, Explorer
pruthvi

Next

Return to Itinerary Advice