Rohtang permit goes online

Know or share about various kinds of news, updates regarding traveling to various parts of the Himalayas including road status as well as road conditions, in this forum.

Re: Rohtang permit goes online

Postby SURINDERRANA » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:49 pm

Back today from Keylong and while reached Gulaba chk post mad rush was there and at least 1-1/2_2 kmts long que of vehicals on the check post for that yellow receipt. I don't know why we don't think of future. Why that computer receipt is sufficient, they charge 50/-rs for diesel car, they can charge online too... [emoji35] [emoji35]

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
SURINDERRANA
Tripper

Postby aashish2137 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:51 pm

SURINDERRANA wrote:Back today from Keylong and while reached Gulaba chk post mad rush was there and at least 1-1/2_2 kmts long que of vehicals on the check post for that yellow receipt. I don't know why we don't think of future. Why that computer receipt is sufficient, they charge 50/-rs for diesel car, they can charge online too... [emoji35] [emoji35]

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

What yellow receipt are you talking about Surinder? :shock:
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Explorer

Postby SURINDERRANA » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:48 pm

When we show them permit they issue us yellow color receipt, I think petrol cars no charge but diesel 50 Rs, after showing that receipt we can go ahead to Rohtang or beyond Rohtang
SURINDERRANA
Tripper

Postby aashish2137 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:13 am

SURINDERRANA wrote:When we show them permit they issue us yellow color receipt, I think petrol cars no charge but diesel 50 Rs, after showing that receipt we can go ahead to Rohtang or beyond Rohtang

Oh alright. That means Rohtang jam mess is going to continue :(
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Explorer

Postby SURINDERRANA » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:57 pm

When I went to Keylong then I started early morning and working day, but when returned then Saturday, weekend off. But after seeing that rush lot of problems we are going to face on holidays.
SURINDERRANA
Tripper

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:31 pm

Very disheartening to know about it. We use technology but then introduce such concepts that voids the benefits
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:46 am

Rohtang Pass Permit Online Mess

Amrik asked on DoW Blog:
Hi sir
I wanted to vist rohtang 27-10-2015 on my bike, I could not get permission. I also could not find bike option in vehicle catagory . I would like to know is the the bike still permissible or not?

My reply
Amrik, the online permit for Rohtang Pass looks like in sad state. I am not sure why there is allowance on cars and not bike. They did ban the bikes going to Rohtang Pass but then it was with other tourism vehicles too. Only HRTC buses were allowed. Now they have opened in online permit for private cars and taxis with 1000 limit but not for bike, I am highly confused. Also, the quota of 400 diesel vehicles is all full for 7 days you see and only petrol vehicles quota is available. While in the other permit of traveling beyond Rohtang Pass I see that system shows the option of Bike too. Super confusing. Not sure how effective and helpful it is in such a state !!
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:48 am

Rohtang Pass Permits Online

This is what vishwas posted few days back on DoW Blog

Visited Rohtang on October 19th. Few important things for those who want to self-drive.

– Rohtang Pass Online permit can be availed only 7 days before your journey.
– All diesel vehicles are already booked by tourist agencies from Manali, Delhi and Chandigar. Hence it is almost impossible to get permission. These agencies are booking permission in midnight so tourist can’t take their own vehicle. But most of the time these vehicle won’t appear at entry point because most of these permit go in vain.
– Fortunately, Govt. agencies notice that and add additional rule that if vehicle which got permission doesn’t appear at entry point in Gulaba vehicle will be black listed for 7 days. It is done just few days back. This might take few days to come in affect.
– Another way to go to Rohtang with self-drive is take permission of lahaul spiti instead of Rohtang. Go till Rohtang and go till Keylong (22 Km from Rohtang zero point) where lahaul spiti checkpost it there. Cross check post go another 4-5 Km and come back after sometime. Official will ask why you have returned give them some legit reason like “Not feeling well”.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Guys, with this very welcome step by Manali administration to help tourists, now permits to travel beyond Rohtang Pass to Leh - Ladakh or Spiti Valley, will also be available on Sunday

Manali, July 17
Tourists visiting the tribal districts of Lahaul – Spiti and Leh-Ladakh are being facilitated to obtain the permission even on Sunday at the SDM office here. After opening of the Manali- Leh and Manali- Spiti roads for vehicular traffic, the tourists visiting these areas are increasing by the day. In compliance of the orders of the National Green Tribunal the Kullu administration is issuing permits to visit Lahaul and Spiti and Leh-Ladakh accordingly.
“Atithi Devo Bhava”. As per the concept, the guests have to be treated like god, to be respected, welcomed, served and taken care of by all means. To promote the eco-friendly tourism in Himachal, the government is taking care to facilitate the tourists. The decision of the district administration to open its office on Sunday for issuing permission to visitors here in the tourist town of Manali has been welcomed by all.
Sub Divisional Magistrate, Manali, Jyoti Rana said that in order to ensure that tourists visiting these areas do not suffer and waste time in obtaining permission for visiting the Buddhist circuit tours of Lahaul- Spiti- Kinnaur and Leh-Ladakh , permission would be given even on Sunday. This would help in giving a boost to the tourism in the state, she added.
The Government of India threw open the Manali-Leh road to foreign visitors in 1989 whereas the tribal belts of Spiti and Kinnaur were opened to overseas tourists in 1992.The tribal belt of Himachal Pradesh is known as cold deserts. This circuit is becoming very popular among foreigners as well as domestic tourists for its historical Buddhist monasteries and beautiful landscape.
Motor biking, jeep safaris and cycling are becoming more and more popular on these mountainous roads. Since the Manali - Leh road is one of the highest roads in the world, adventure lovers always choose the ride through these particular roads for thrill and adventure tourism.
External Source: Permits for Lahaul-Spiti & Leh-Ladakh on Sunday also
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Previous

Return to Travel News & Updates