Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Know or share about various road status and road conditions across various parts of the Himalayas, in this forum.

Re: Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:11 am

abhishek29april wrote:Hi,

Thanks a lot Dow u people really rock.
I had planned my complete Leh journey all due to you peoples valuable input.would be leaving on 30th june from srinagar- leh return on 10th July manali- leh route .
Just wanted to know where all i would find Snow Zozila/Khardungla/Rohtang/Barlacla.

U guy rock
abhishek

Abhishek yeah at high passes you will get to see snow.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby nitishkumar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:57 pm

abhishek29april wrote:Hi,

Thanks a lot Dow u people really rock.
I had planned my complete Leh journey all due to you peoples valuable input.would be leaving on 30th june from srinagar- leh return on 10th July manali- leh route .
Just wanted to know where all i would find Snow Zozila/Khardungla/Rohtang/Barlacla.

U guy rock
abhishek

Please share the details of the situation once you finish your journey as my trip scheduled for 23-26 july 2015 .. Would be waiting :ugeek:
nitishkumar
Tripper

Postby arbedare » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:14 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Snow-blocked-Manali-Leh-highway-opened-after-36-hours/articleshow/47838003.cms

Guys how is the weather now? Riding on 4th July from Manali to leh. How will be the weather in Leh?
Fingers crossed.. :o
arbedare

Postby arbedare » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:38 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Snow-blocked-Manali-Leh-highway-opened-after-36-hours/articleshow/47838003.cms

Guys whats is the current weather status? Riding on 4th July Leh from Manali. How will be the weather in Leh? Fingers crossed.. :|
arbedare

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:46 pm

arbedare wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Snow-blocked-Manali-Leh-highway-opened-after-36-hours/articleshow/47838003.cms

Guys whats is the current weather status? Riding on 4th July Leh from Manali. How will be the weather in Leh? Fingers crossed.. :|

Had a word in the evening with a known who is there in Jispa right now and traveling to Leh tomorrow. The road is open.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby Falgun » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Hello Dow..Hello Guys..
So finally complete dream journey of life Manali - Leh - Srinagar..
Sharing some experience just to refer other..it might helpful..
1.Those who are going from Manali...Permission from SDM office in manali is must or else Bro person Will sent you back...collect the form and fill it up submit it to SDM office and finish procedure....You need document of your car..Also don't forget pollution check certificate ..it require at many barriers on the way..There is one place in manali kullu road near Piccadilly hotel who do this pollution check...
Form submit timing at SDM manali is 10.to 1 in morning and collect your Permit between 3pm to 4 pm same day...
2.. Rohatang pass is in good condition..roads after Rohatang is patchy till Sisu..
3 . During my journey I find baralacha and zing zing bar most sceneric and out of the world...it is so mesmerizing that you even forget Road conditions guys....Also please do extra care when passing threw baralacha..it's not cup of tea when it snow...
4. Roads after baralacha again with patchy and in bad condition but its because area and weather you can't expect highway there..And instead of criticising road conditions appreciate BRO for such efforts and enjoy beauty...
5. Nubra panangog and tsomoriri must visit place...start early in morning for all these places to enjoy more..night stay at Nubra more advisable as you can relax there and its not cold there...
6 .Hall of Fame in Leh must visit place to boost our Army..
7. Leh Srinagar Highway is in very good condition ..zojila pass close at 5 pm please take note for this..
8. My conclusion is....Manali Leh highway is for thrill Nd Leh Srinagar Highway is for beauty...so this trip is a complete package....memory of a lifetime and I must say once you cross jispa you literally feel like mountain are calling you...
Last...Thanks lot DOW...you guys are amazing..you guys are gem of a person....brilliant...thanks again..
Falgun

Postby fahadahsan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:42 pm

Falgun wrote:Hello Dow..Hello Guys..
1.Those who are going from Manali...Permission from SDM office in manali is must or else Bro person Will sent you back...collect the form and fill it up submit it to SDM office and finish procedure....You need document of your car..Also don't forget pollution check certificate ..it require at many barriers on the way..There is one place in manali kullu road near Piccadilly hotel who do this pollution check...
Form submit timing at SDM manali is 10.to 1 in morning and collect your Permit between 3pm to 4 pm same day...
2.. Rohatang pass is in good condition..roads after Rohatang is patchy till Sisu..
3 . During my journey I find baralacha and zing zing bar most sceneric and out of the world...it is so mesmerizing that you even forget Road conditions guys....Also please do extra care when passing threw baralacha..it's not cup of tea when it snow...
4. Roads after baralacha again with patchy and in bad condition but its because area and weather you can't expect highway there..And instead of criticising road conditions appreciate BRO for such efforts and enjoy beauty...
5. Nubra panangog and tsomoriri must visit place...start early in morning for all these places to enjoy more..night stay at Nubra more advisable as you can relax there and its not cold there...
7. Leh Srinagar Highway is in very good condition ..zojila pass close at 5 pm please take note for this..
8. My conclusion is....Manali Leh highway is for thrill Nd Leh Srinagar Highway is for beauty...so this trip is a complete package....memory of a lifetime and I must say once you cross jispa you literally feel like mountain are calling you...
Last...Thanks lot DOW...you guys are amazing..you guys are gem of a person....brilliant...thanks again..

Great Info Falgun,, sharing is always wonderful !!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
fahadahsan

Postby ramakanthl » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Hello DOW members... you guys are really helping us by giving updates all the time in info.. here we are planning for road trip from 15th July to 31st from Srinagar (3) - Leh (5) - Manali - Kasol. But my concern is that after this flood alert, what is the status in srinagar?? :shock: :o
Do all the roads open in Srinagar (Pahalgam, Gulmarg..) and Leh to Manali..?? I also read in one tread that Pangong Tso to Tso Moriri Not allowed directly.. does that mean Pangong to Leh and Leh to Tso Moriri allowed..?? For this also do we need to take permissions..!!? Plz help on this.
ramakanthl

Postby mosederbaer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:57 pm

Thanks a lot for these points, will really be handy. How about a little travel tale, having some sweet or not so sweet experiences :lol: you would have had during the trip. Please post some pictures too... :)
Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:35 am

Thanks a ton Falgun for sharing these important info. which will help others too. How about treating us with a short photo tale of the journey :D
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Road Status & Conditions