Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Know or share about various road status and road conditions across various parts of the Himalayas, in this forum.

Re: Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:52 am

Unofficially it appears that Manali - Leh will be open in next couple of days.
User avatar
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am
Location: New Delhi
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 1819 times

Re: Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Postby Hardy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi,

We are reaching Manali on 13th June and we are doing Manali - Leh highway in three days time, Manali to Keylong , then Keylon to Sarchu and then from Sarchu to Leh.

However camps at sarchu are not ready, so we are stuck a bit.

Can you help on this, is there a way to stay at Sarchu other than tents. Can you please share details if any..

We will be grateful.
Hardy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:27 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:16 pm

Hardy if at all there will be some dorm tents, they may be there either at Pang or Bharatpur
User avatar
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am
Location: New Delhi
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 1819 times

Re: Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Postby akshat786 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:16 pm

Dushie wrote:
akshat786 wrote:
Dushie wrote:Same here, planning to reach Manali on 13th and leave on 14th for Leh. Hoping the roads open up by then. Would there be an option to travel on 14th and halt at Keylong and Jispa and then we can proceed towards Leh.
As 15th June would get too late for us and we would end up wasting one day. Otherwise need to take the Srinagar route. Will keep checking the thread for updated road status.

I'm planning the same thing and now we are also confused as what shud we do. We were gonna halt at Sarchu which now I think isn't gonna be possible so will be staying at Jispa if we don't book flights for Srinagar [SEE-NO-EVIL MONKEY] just hoping the roads shud open.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk


Well as we are driving we can take any route. Prefer going by Manali as we have done that before. Hopeful of some good news by 12th June.
If not will switch to Srinagar route. Let's see what fate has in store. As if we go via Manali we would be crossing Rohtang on 14th morning. One day before the tentative date of 15th June. Keeping my fingers crossed.

@dushie where you driving from? We are flying till Chandigarh on the 12 and then are by road to Manali.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
akshat786
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:25 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Postby Soham » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:41 pm

dheerajsharma14 wrote:Unofficially it appears that Manali - Leh will be open in next couple of days.


Hi Dheeraj,
We are leaving from Manali on the 14th of June and we plan to be leaving for Leh on the 15th. So are you sure about the highway opening in the next couple of days ? We have our whole booking done including flights from Srinagar so we cant be using the alternate route. If not in a couple of days will it be open by 15th at least ?? From what i have heard the roads have been cleared to Sarchu from the Leh side and Baralacha has been cleared too. The only route that is still being cleared is the one from Baralacha to Sarchu. Can you please give me some idea regarding this because il have to leave for Manali on the 13th? Thanks :)
Soham
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Soham wrote:
dheerajsharma14 wrote:Unofficially it appears that Manali - Leh will be open in next couple of days.


Hi Dheeraj,
We are leaving from Manali on the 14th of June and we plan to be leaving for Leh on the 15th. So are you sure about the highway opening in the next couple of days ? We have our whole booking done including flights from Srinagar so we cant be using the alternate route. If not in a couple of days will it be open by 15th at least ?? From what i have heard the roads have been cleared to Sarchu from the Leh side and Baralacha has been cleared too. The only route that is still being cleared is the one from Baralacha to Sarchu. Can you please give me some idea regarding this because il have to leave for Manali on the 13th? Thanks :)


These are some reports which are coming through. I cannot guarantee anything. I do not thing your bookings really make any difference if the highway opens on 13th or on 15th and you have any choice to make. Chances are high that you will pass through Sarchu on 14th
User avatar
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am
Location: New Delhi
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 1819 times

Re: Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Postby Soham » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:15 pm

dheerajsharma14 wrote:
Soham wrote:
dheerajsharma14 wrote:Unofficially it appears that Manali - Leh will be open in next couple of days.


Hi Dheeraj,
We are leaving from Manali on the 14th of June and we plan to be leaving for Leh on the 15th. So are you sure about the highway opening in the next couple of days ? We have our whole booking done including flights from Srinagar so we cant be using the alternate route. If not in a couple of days will it be open by 15th at least ?? From what i have heard the roads have been cleared to Sarchu from the Leh side and Baralacha has been cleared too. The only route that is still being cleared is the one from Baralacha to Sarchu. Can you please give me some idea regarding this because il have to leave for Manali on the 13th? Thanks :)


These are some reports which are coming through. I cannot guarantee anything. I do not thing your bookings really make any difference if the highway opens on 13th or on 15th and you have any choice to make. Chances are high that you will pass through Sarchu on 14th
Soham
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Manali - Leh Highway is OPEN

And the good news is here that Manali - Leh Highway is OPEN

IMG_1565.JPG
IMG_1565.JPG (29.09 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
User avatar
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am
Location: New Delhi
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 1819 times

Re: Launch, Focus and Vision | DoW - Himalayan Travel Commun

Postby Dheeraj1986 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Good News for all the adventurers!! Manali - Leh road finally re - opens today :) Pack your bags to touch the divine land of Ladakh (y)
Dheeraj1986
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:07 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Manali - Leh Highway Status 2015 - 2016

Postby Prabhu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:36 am

Hi all
I went to upshi check post in 13th june 2015 at 1509hrs . As per check post one jeep arrived from from manali on 13th june. They are waiting for go ahead from dc office leh to allow traffic.

Thanks

Prabhu
Prabhu
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:36 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Road Status & Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

About us

DoW - Himalayan Travel Community & Forums is a Non-Profit & Non-Commercial community, completely dedicated to Himalayas where like minded lovers of Himalayas from various parts of the world can collaborate to share their Himalayan knowledge and experiences with each other.

The Vision of our community is to help the people from Himalayas grow in their own sense and space by promoting more causes, culture, dreams, people, homes and lives from Himalayas!! To make it simple, to do something or the other that benefits lives of Himalayan people and Himalayas!! Feel free to take out few minutes of your time and read about supported by us.