Dow Cause - Gyaan 500 in Dharamkot, Himachal

This is the forum where you can find various articles about how you can Travel Responsibly & Effectively in Himalayas, learn about various DoW - Causes and find updates about these causes.

Dow Cause - Gyaan 500 in Dharamkot, Himachal

Postby entramit » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:11 pm

From a long time I wanted to contribute towards the Dow Causes. Finally I got the chance. Last week of Dec '13, I was in Mcleodganj along with friends. We went to Dharamkot which is a small village 3 kms above Mcleodganj. On the first day we visited a primary school. Idea was to interact with teachers over there about the education, their motivation, their problems, their needs so that we can contribute with the right thing. Teachers over there were welcoming and open to converse. There were total of 26 students in the school. After interacting with teachers, we decided to donate essential stationary items for every kid in the school. Second day, we were armed with our ammunition (stationary items). The smile on the children faces was priceless. For us it was more of a soothing experience. I would like to thank DOW members for bringing such a noble concept. You people are effecting lives of many in those higher ranges. I am proud to be a part of this forum. :) :)

Contact detail-

Mr. Ravi (Teacher)
Primary School, Dharamkot

I am attaching some of the pics -

584.jpg
584.jpg (74.43 KiB) Viewed 3318 times

585.jpg
585.jpg (80.77 KiB) Viewed 3318 times

589.jpg
589.jpg (69.33 KiB) Viewed 3318 times

590.jpg
590.jpg (72.01 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
Fuck what others think.
entramit

Re: Dow Cause - Gyaan 500 in Dharamkot, Himachal

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:51 am

Though I am writing this from office at such odd hour, but wanted to drop in a quit note "THANK YOU" ... will get back with much more detailed reply soon today :)
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby aashish2137 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:06 am

This is amazing. There are many good things about this but for me, the best part is that you actually took out 2 days from your tour schedule to carry out the Causes. Speaks volumes of your commitment to the less fortunate living in those harsh conditions than DoW itself :)

Thanks for the pics and contact details, it will go a long way in helping fellow travelers continue on your initiative.

Please also post a complete travelogue of your Mcleodganj trip! :)
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Postby sany » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:10 am

What a joy...what a way to ring in bells for the new year and bid good bye to 2013. you just brought smiles for the say bro.

Wish you continue this trend of giving & caring forever!
The traveler has only one thing on mind.................NOTHING! Keep Going without bothering how its gonna end....
sany
DoW Core Team

Postby getpackingvinod » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:40 am

entramit, you have shown that you are class apart from the rest of us by doing this - While most of us may have the money and the intent to do these, whats special and heart warming is that you took time off during your trip to do this. Thank you for sharing the DoW vision
getpackingvinod
DoW Core Team

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 pm

I am back in normal timing :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Amit you have been always special brother for carrying out these Causes and I know even in Ladakh when you were there, you called me to ask what you can do there and how. I still remember that :) ... Kudos to your spirit of caring and spreading the love in Himalayas. These smiles are priceless and I am sure you can easily co-relate now what it feels like to be part of this. Soon this becomes the best moments of the trip along with what you travel. I am sure this example from you will go a long way in cementing this concept of Responsible Travel from DoW :) :)

Thank YOU again.... looking forward to see you on 19th Jan at DoW Mini Meet and this time we owe you a cake... Eehhh, no we owe you a special reward for carrying this Spirit Out there, we will be awarding you a DoW T-Shirt on the meet, so please do come :)
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby Shikha Gautam » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:37 pm

This is really impressive work.
You have sat an example for the rest, including me. Will surely be lending a hand the next time I'm in the hills.
Shikha Gautam

Postby aashish2137 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:56 am

That's amazing. Also, good to see you around Shikha..
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Site Moderator

Postby supreed » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:26 am

Dear Dheeraj,

Feel so proud to be a member of this team after seeing these pics. I am not traveling as frequently as you do, in that part of India, but I really love to contribute from my side on this front. Please let me know how can I contribute....Is it ok if I buy crayons/pencils etc and send you by courier. Or is there any means by which I can donate an amount and you will mange the rest...Please let me know..

regards

Supreed
supreed

Postby NonStopDriver » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 am

Like begets like.

Thanks Amit for taking this up. It is really inspiring and see how it is turning out viral!

Good to have people like you and Shikha around. :)
Spreading smiles is contagious, however, believe me, you'd love to be infected! :) -- Selfie :D

DoW Causes | DoW Tees & Stickers | Ladakh Travel Guide | DoW Maps
NonStopDriver
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Responsible Travel