DoW Cause - GYAAN 500 in action at Larot, Chirgaon Himachal

This is the forum where you can find various articles about how you can Travel Responsibly & Effectively in Himalayas, learn about various DoW - Causes and find updates about these causes.

DoW Cause - GYAAN 500 in action at Larot, Chirgaon Himachal

Postby mosederbaer » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:38 pm

It was a trip to Chanshal pass in the remote part of Himachal Pradesh so initially we were thinking to do the causes in a school but being sunday (1st June), we changed the plan. We had to do it directly and informally so while returning from Chanshal pass, we were passing through Larot village which is about 10 km from Chanshal pass. Larot is a remote village and somewhat we can say untouched part of Himachal pradesh. Here we saw a group of children playing in a small field. We called them and distributed stationary items among them. It was a first time for most of us although travelled to mountains a lot of times, trust me it was a unique feeling. Those smiling faces of small kids made us forget the tiredness of the ascent to the Chanshal pass. I personally felt in my heart that this is the first time my trip to the hills has got some meaning. Me and Madan, both are really thankful to Dheeraj who gave us an opportunity to do this noble work by our own hands. I still remember that small boy there, he was so excited that we just asked his name, he said Raghav and without even asking he told us the correct spelling of his name. Before Chirgaon we distributed the same items to two small kids who were returning with their grandmother after helping her in the field. They told us that they go to school also. Our hearts were overwhelmed with the smiles on the faces of those small angels. Further we stopped at Chirgaon and tried to spread smiles among the small little gifts given by God. I will request Samar, Dheeraj and Neeraj to share the pictures with us and let everyone know and get inspired to give at least a small bit of return to these wonderful people of the Himalayas. :) :)
Last edited by dheerajsharma14 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected the title
Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Re: DoW Cause - GYAAN 500 in action at Larot, Chirgaon Himac

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:37 pm

Thank you Anil bhai for the write up, I am working on the pictures will upload in couple of days for sure... But, yeah, it was indeed a fabulous feeling, a feeling unmatched to anything which makes you connect with the Himalayas forever :) .... I am sure now this was the first time and it will remain with you forever and with every visit in Himalayas you will keep spreading smiles in these remote parts of Himalayas !!

As you saw, the life is so hard and difficult up there, still these small kids try to study and then back to home to support their bit the can, like the little girl was supporting her grand mother for grazing cattle in the field. We are doing just tiny bit of help to them but enough I feel to cheer them up, motivate them and bring joy to their daily lives... Remember how they jumped to us, came to us and then with joy went away to homes, to show these little gifts to their parents :) :)

Thank you for coming forward and participating in spreading smiles up there...

I still remember the children who ran away from us, leaving their slippers behind and what not :lol: :lol:
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby sany » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:04 pm

Anil bhai welcome, i would say this is your reincarnation in the world of travelling. Now you know how it feels to travel the DOW way. The life, the journey all seems to have a meaning when you see what you are capable of .

Just a little though from your mind and a little structuring from DOW community, you yourself will feel responsible everytime you hit the road. Happy Travelling Happy Sharing.
The traveler has only one thing on mind.................NOTHING! Keep Going without bothering how its gonna end....
sany
Wanderer

Postby mosederbaer » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Yes very much brother, I guess they would have thought that we will catch them and take with us.. :D :D All these memories will always cherish with me and everyone who were there with us. Samar had very rightly said at that time,"nothing can match with the joy of being the part of this noble work."

Sany sir, have got a whole new meaning of travel now, let us keep this fantastic feeling of responsible travel always alive, in all of us.. :) :)

Dheeraj Bhai will wait for the pictures...
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby NonStopDriver » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:43 am

I still remember the incident and burst into laughter when we stopped seeing three kids on the road. Madan Chauhan asked their name, Anil got down and opened the rear door of scorpio to get the items and Madan asked the kids to get to the rear in an ordering tone. The kids thought they'd be bundled in the rear seat and god know what.. they just ran away for their life screaming on top of their voice! One of the kid slipped his slippers and instead of coming back and picking it up, he chose to leave the another one too and just save his life! :lol:

We spent next half an hour thinking what had happened and laughing out loud! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are some of the pics of the causes execution to the kids that we later found playing in a field:

IMG_8792.JPG
DoW GYAN 500 at Larot
IMG_8792.JPG (119.16 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
IMG_8793.JPG
DoW GYAN 500 at Larot
IMG_8793.JPG (85.13 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
IMG_8795.JPG
DoW GYAN 500 at Larot
IMG_8795.JPG (91.13 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
IMG_8799.JPG
DoW GYAN 500 at Larot
IMG_8799.JPG (75.35 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
IMG_8800.JPG
This li'l kid was kind of angry not getting something, just look at the expression.
IMG_8800.JPG (92.61 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
IMG_8801.JPG
Finally happy! :)
IMG_8801.JPG (65.09 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
IMG_8805.JPG
My name is Raghav R-A-G-H-A-V
IMG_8805.JPG (37.88 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
IMG_8808.JPG
DoW GYAN 500 at Larot
IMG_8808.JPG (91.7 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
IMG_8812.JPG
DoW GYAN 500 at Larot
IMG_8812.JPG (71.77 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
IMG_8819.JPG
DoW GYAN 500 at Larot
IMG_8819.JPG (71.48 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
IMG_8823.JPG
DoW GYAN 500 at Larot
IMG_8823.JPG (60.95 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
Spreading smiles is contagious, however, believe me, you'd love to be infected! :) -- Selfie :D

DoW Causes | DoW Tees & Stickers | Ladakh Travel Guide | DoW Maps
NonStopDriver
Site Moderator

Postby sany » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:08 pm

ahhh so cute.......so many smiles around....this is the way to do it..............share the hapiness.....

MADAN BHAI-----Next time........dont order them......nahi to sab DOW ki gaadi ko dekh ke bhagna shuru ker denge............

loved the way you decided to execute despite the schools being closed.
The traveler has only one thing on mind.................NOTHING! Keep Going without bothering how its gonna end....
sany
Wanderer

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:43 pm

Awesome Pictures of Smiles around Neeraj bhai !! I am yet to process mine. I am onto it provided the power cuts in Delhi help me with the cause :D :D

Sany, yes brother, now that we have decided to execute these causes in this manner only in case the roads are closed. Or even while getting down on Monday or going on Friday on weekend trips. This way at least if not in a common school, we will spread smiles all across the routes in Himalayas with no specific place :) ... And that is where incidents as funny as above described can be witnessed and experienced :)

And yes, that was the most memorable moment of our short trip where we witnessed so much right from snow to rainbow :D
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby NonStopDriver » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:38 pm

... and the colourful smiles! :)
Spreading smiles is contagious, however, believe me, you'd love to be infected! :) -- Selfie :D

DoW Causes | DoW Tees & Stickers | Ladakh Travel Guide | DoW Maps
NonStopDriver
Site Moderator

Postby mosederbaer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:00 am

Once again its my turn to say thanks to Neeraj Bhai to captured those moments so we can always remember them in our hearts and this is also true that a new chapter has begun in our trips which will be mandatory and must then all other things. Hats off to DOW....
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby aashish2137 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:51 am

Amazing. Congratulations to everyone of you. And that incident sounds hilarious Neeraj, I can totally picturize it! :lol:
Thank us by thanking yourself.
Participate with us on our ideas: Responsible Traveling | DoW Causes | Ladakh travel guide | DoW Calendar V2.0
aashish2137
Explorer

Next

Return to Responsible Travel