DoW - Causes | Feedback & Suggestions

This is the forum where you can find various articles about how you can Travel Responsibly & Effectively in Himalayas, learn about various DoW - Causes and find updates about these causes.

DoW - Causes | Feedback & Suggestions

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Since, the main thread DoW - Causes | A Step Towards Responsible Travel is locked in order to keep a list of just DoW - Causes under one single place where subsequent posts will only have details on the causes including its description, what items to carry for the cause, whom to contact for the cause, etc..

I am starting this thread where all your suggestions and feedback is more than welcome on this Social Initiative from DoW. Please provide all your positive as well as negative comments to help the community improve on the efforts of Responsible Travel.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Re: DoW - Causes | Feedback & Suggestions

Postby saurabhsabikhi » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:29 pm

This indeed is a great initiative by the community.
But I see lack of participation currently. Let's promote responsible travel a little more.

From my side, I'm targeting my Xplorer database and will be promoting these causes.

Furthermore, I've already put in a word to my HR regarding the CSR activities we guys do for the company / for our client and will be great if we get some funding from their end.
The journey is bigger than the destination
saurabhsabikhi
Tripper

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Superb !! Thank you so much brother... Yeah, we are new on the blocks and have only attracted few people so far. But, the good thing is that we have started up getting responses from various people now to support them. I am sure in time to come it will change alot of perspectives ...

Your step will go in one such way of extending this concept to others !! Cheers !!
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby NonStopDriver » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:35 pm

@dheerajsharma14,

I think rates of most of the stationery items have changed and hence the section needs to be updated.

Umm.. do we need to change GYAN500 to GYAN1000 too?
Spreading smiles is contagious, however, believe me, you'd love to be infected! :) -- Selfie :D

DoW Causes | DoW Tees & Stickers | Ladakh Travel Guide | DoW Maps
NonStopDriver
Site Moderator

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Neeraj I will check it again. Are you saying they have been increased? If yes, I will be surprised because these are the rates of last year :( :( I will reconfirm the kit prize again tonight. Also, regarding making it 1000, I feel it will depend from person to person... May be we are thinking from our hearts and really care for the region. However, many people out there are still tourists who will consider it an extra 1000 bucks which psychologically will impact more.

Those who are willing to co-ordinate more are always welcome and they can do it on their own as they have the direction. It is not a bounded figure for them :)
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby subhankarpaul » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:23 pm

dheerajsharma14 wrote:Neeraj I will check it again. Are you saying they have been increased? If yes, I will be surprised because these are the rates of last year :( :( I will reconfirm the kit prize again tonight. Also, regarding making it 1000, I feel it will depend from person to person... May be we are thinking from our hearts and really care for the region. However, many people out there are still tourists who will consider it an extra 1000 bucks which psychologically will impact more.

Those who are willing to co-ordinate more are always welcome and they can do it on their own as they have the direction. It is not a bounded figure for them :)

Absolutely. It is a spirit... it is a guide line.... it is a direction to move ahead . It should not be viewed as a subscription sort of thing.
Like when we show respect to a dead person in the tomb - the no of candle(s) we lit is of no great significance. I think the amount spend in Gyan 500 should not necessarily be restricted with a predetermined figure. " 500" is a symbolic figure in naming the cause.
and miles to go before i sleep ..........
subhankarpaul
Rookie

Postby Sudeep1987 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi All,
I m buying some stuff for the kids in leh under Gyaan 500. Could you advise where all in ladakh I would find schools n approx number of students.

Regards
Sudeep
Sudeep1987
Rookie

Postby vikrant1985 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 am

Hi @dheerajsharma14
I was also looking for the same querry.please reply ASAP. I want to help in "Gyaan and Cure" initiative.
8-) Live young, Ride Free !!! 8-)
vikrant1985
Tripper

Postby NonStopDriver » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 am

Any remote place that you visit - Hunder, Deskit, Turtuk, Sakti, Hanle, Korzok, Chusul, Mahe.. the list is endless. Ask your taxi driver, or locals and they'd be happy to help even if the school is off since the villages are small and they can gather the kids in few minutes.
Spreading smiles is contagious, however, believe me, you'd love to be infected! :) -- Selfie :D

DoW Causes | DoW Tees & Stickers | Ladakh Travel Guide | DoW Maps
NonStopDriver
Site Moderator

Postby Sudeep1987 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 am

Sorry to be a pain but any idea on count of d kids. Want to carry engh stuff wud me. :P
Sudeep1987
Rookie

Next

Return to Responsible Travel