DoW Cause | GYAAN 500 in action at Tirthan Valley, Himachal

This is the forum where you can find various articles about how you can Travel Responsibly & Effectively in Himalayas, learn about various DoW - Causes and find updates about these causes.

DoW Cause | GYAAN 500 in action at Tirthan Valley, Himachal

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:39 am

Well, few weeks back I went for a short family trip to Tirthan Valley, where I got a chance to execute the DoW Cause | GYAAN 500 and let me tell you that though the cause was same but every time it is executed, it gives me better and better pleasure and makes me connect to the people of Himalayas.

If anyone going up there at Tirthan and feels good about contributing the lives of Himalayan people in remote villages, then please do your bit. There is a primary school in the village named Gahidhar, from where the hike to Waterfall starts. So, these causes can be easily executed there as most of the people visiting Tirthan valley do visit that waterfall. When I went there, the teacher was present and her name was Kamla.

Since, my camera battery was dying out so could not take many pictures... Here are some of them though...

Tirthan-Valley-2014-11.jpg
Tirthan-Valley-2014-11.jpg (61.41 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
Tirthan-Valley-2014-10.jpg
Tirthan-Valley-2014-10.jpg (60.27 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
Tirthan-Valley-2014-9.jpg
Tirthan-Valley-2014-9.jpg (54.11 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
Tirthan-Valley-2014-8.jpg
Tirthan-Valley-2014-8.jpg (30.18 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
Tirthan-Valley-2014-7.jpg
Tirthan-Valley-2014-7.jpg (70.38 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
Tirthan-Valley-2014-6.jpg
Tirthan-Valley-2014-6.jpg (72.98 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Re: DoW Cause | GYAAN 500 in action at Tirthan Valley, Himac

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:28 pm

cc: @getpackingvinod, @aashish2137, @nonstopdriver, @sany, @akaushik, @metalhead
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby NonStopDriver » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Great job! :)

So while everyone has been executing the causes, putting up the chronicles here was restrained by time? Good to see back to back accounts. :)
Spreading smiles is contagious, however, believe me, you'd love to be infected! :) -- Selfie :D

DoW Causes | DoW Tees & Stickers | Ladakh Travel Guide | DoW Maps
NonStopDriver
Site Moderator

Postby sany » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Oh dheeraj Bhai....wow...you are rapidly spreading smiles while covering new miles.......

A small step but such a large impact that we all Devils are following the routine you started.....thank you for bringing causes to DOW
The traveler has only one thing on mind.................NOTHING! Keep Going without bothering how its gonna end....
sany
DoW Core Team

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Ha ha ha, that is why I tagged all of you because for so many days the thread remained orphaned and then I realized that must have been overlooked by the sudden activity in our Responsible Travel Forum and so many happening in Itinerary Advice sections :) ...

And very true guys, this is what binds DoW Community together and I am sure in time to come we will create a different world of traveling, we will re-define the meaning of Voluntourism which currently at many places is being turned into commercial needs or another way to make money from Travel ...

With the efforts of these small initiatives of DoW Causes, mega meets every year, clean up drives to places, I am sure DoW will go a long way in redefining the way we travel to Himalayas and spread more smiles up there in the region we love most :D
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby getpackingvinod » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:01 pm

:) Kudos.. Living upto your words, that's the way to set an example, ain't it ?
getpackingvinod
DoW Core Team

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Thanks Vinod bhai !! Yes, we all together have to lead by example in spreading this small concept of our community like a viral thing, so that we continuously spread more and more smiles in the Himalayas through our sustained and persistent efforts :)
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:55 am

This is a very good deed you are doing Dheeraj bhai. May god give you all the strength to fulfil your social and family commitment.
MetalHead
Tripper

Return to Responsible Travel