Itinerary advice for North sikkim and pelling

Ask your queries about planning a trip to Sikkim, Arunachal, North East India & Bhutan or help other fellow travelers with their queries, in this forum.

Re: Itinerary advice for North sikkim and pelling

Postby Paddy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:46 am

The taxi guy is asking 50% advance and remaining 50% to be paid on the first day of trip. Is this how it is in Sikkim? Never faced something like this in J&K and Uttrakhand.

Regards,
Pradeep
Paddy

Postby getpackingvinod » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi Pradeep,

Sikkim is a huge network of agents, taxi drivers and hotels. They always demand upfront payment.

Did you check with the driver whether he will come for the entire route or he is going to send someone else? As far as I know, drivers in Sikkim take only specified route of their usual, and other route they send someone else. For eg, if the driver you spoke to plies regularly on Nathu La route, he will not come with you for North Sikkim or Zuluk etc. First check this.

If you don't find his reply suitable, I suggest you go through an agent, at least they would have an office and to that extent, reliable
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Postby Paddy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Hi Vinod,

Driver is a friend of Namgyal, who's contact I got from this forum in another post. Looks like Namgyal stopped driving. He will accompany for the entire Sikkim trip is what he said. He agreed for a 20% advance and remaining before end of the trip. That way am more comfortable now. I found the tour agents costlier than him.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions and guidance.

Regards,
Pradeep.
Paddy

Postby getpackingvinod » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Excellent. All the best for your trip :)\

What are you doing about accommodations?
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Sikkim, Arunachal, North East India & Bhutan