Kinnaur Travelogue

Share your traveling experiences or stories from various parts of the Himalayas with other like minded travelers, in this forum.

Kinnaur Travelogue

Postby splendid01 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Kinnaur Travellogue(Late September-Early October, 2017)

Well,me and my better half is having at least one issue where we never differ..! A person must visit the Himalayan region at least once in a year,be it Garwal belt,Kumaon , the mystic Himachal or our own Darjiling,W B (Kashmir as it is we are keeping out due to political turmoil)…!
Last year we have covered The Kumaon belt quite extensively and prior to that we have tested the March April fantacy of Shimla Ola and Manali / Solang ice (in 2015).Hence in April 2017 itself we decided this Puja vacation we will pray our Pujas to the Kinnaur Himalaya and it is only Kinnaur side as we will keep a special trip for Lahul Spiti latter when ever the Mother Nature and the gracious Himalaya will permit.
We have come across from one of my friend about Mr Pankaj Bhardwaj (Chhotu) (Mobile:8219158981/8894378550) ,having one Swift Dzire to be our driver for the trip.I always trust that a trip can only be succeeded if you get a right conditioned car and a trustworthy driver.Mother Nature never frustrated us ever and we are always fortunate to get a good driver.So is the case for this time too.
Guys, Pankaj is a graduate in Arts, coming from a respectable family, born and brought up at Sunder Nagar Himachal and had a good hand to steer the car at the deadly roads of Kinnaur.He is always smiling and well ,an eligible good looking bachelor too! He is Punctual and never lose his temper.I would request Dhiraj Bhai to put his name in his trust worthy drivers’ list at DoW website .I have already given his cell no and a photo too earlier.I must say that it is because of Pankaj, our trip ends successfully. A big hand for Pankaj for sure !
So it was 25th September 5.30 pm,we finally reached Chandigarh Rly Station and found Pankaj standing to receive us.As it was almost evening, Pankaj advised us to stay at Solan, so we ended our first day at Solan ,our hotel was Himani Resort, a good hotel with nice and tasty food.
Day 2,26TH September:
After a nice complementary breakfast , we started our journey for Narkanda,slowly the mystic Deodar /Pyne forest and the zig zag Hilly roads started greeting us and the heavenly sound of silence too whenever we stopped our car while heading towards the Hotel Hatu HPTDC,Narkanda.
Hotel Hatu is a small hotel at an even smaller hamlet on the lapof Himalaya.The hotel had a nice lawn at an attractive location.We had a quick lunch and headed for Hatu Mata temple situated at 11152 ft.The temple is renovated and the over all surroundings was heavenly.We enjoyed the environment and sat a while on the lap of Himalaya and prayed to Mother Hatu.
The next day was Sarahan via Rampur and we are being accompanied by The great Shatadru River .While you look up or look down,in either case,The mighty Himalaya or the Gorgeous Shatadru will tell you how tiny and small we are .Indeed this experience as always will make u understand to be down to earth,it is only the Mother Nature who can say the ultimate.
Being a Bengali and brought up at Kolkata, we always miss the Durga Pujas as almost on every year we go out on Puja Periods however Goddess Durga never disappoints us to pray, be it Garwal,Kumaon or else at Himachal.This time we have seen the mother in the form of Goddess Bhima Kali at Sarahan.It was an heavenly experience to be present at Bhimakali temple at the time of AArati.
We stayed again at Hotel Shree Khand HPTDC, which is indeed at the best located hotel at Sarahan and why Sarahan , even the Kalpa HPTDC Property is at right location and perhaps the best hotel.I must say that in case any one is interested to be at the best located property across Himachal, there is no alternative to HPTDC Hotels.
But,every brighter side do accompany with some darker spots, let me discuss that too.The most disadvangeous and perhaps the most inhuman part of HPTDC is they never permit the Drivers to stay within the premises in spite of the fact that they enjoy a huge area.I felt sorry to see that all the drivers were managing to sleep within the car and searching food .Why cant HPTDC arrange at least a Dormitory room for the drivers ?let them charge a subsidized rate which most of the tourists will be happy to payy for their drivers.In case HPTDC is caring for their tourists and guests , they must ensure that the car drivers of their guests must have a sound sleep at night at a comfortable room.I would request HPTDC authority to look in to this matter seriously.
Any way, let us come back to Kalpa, while we were reaching Karchum, I was repeatedly asking Pankaj, whether we will be at all be able to take snap of Apple tree full of fruits, Pankaj just smiled and said circustically,..”Sirji, age age dekho hota hai kya..?”
And believe me guys,as we are approaching Kalpa from Peo, , it was Apple,apple and Apple only, the Red, The Green and the golden one….!Our camera was not getting rest for a second even.Last time when we visited Manali we have seen the tree but without even leaves ,forget the fruits, as it was March.However this time we were blessed with apples hanging on tree.
..And then it was the Majestic Shiva standing at his 2nd residence in earth, the grand Kinnaur Kailash.We were just humbled seeing the majestic Kalpa Kailash Peak.We just forget to take snap and decided to look at the icy peaks of Kinnaur Kailash,the time stopped for us…
“Jata kataha sambhrama brama nillimpa nirjari,Vilola veechi vallari viraja mana moordhani,
Dhaga dhaga dhaga jjwala lalata patta pavake,Kishora Chandra shekhare rathi prathi kshanam mama. “

The next day was Roghi Village etc and just looking at the peaks………and an attempt to find out the Greatness of Mother Nature..!
Finally the Baspa came at our sight the very next day at Chitkul , the last village of India towards Himachal Side,In case Shatadru is just like a morale guardian of a sanskari Joint Family, then Baspa is just the cutest and just adult girl of that family with all its beauty and gorgeousness.How do I explain Baspa and its Valleys and mountain , just go and experience…!
The tour ends with Jakhu temple and the Mall road od Shimla , as always charming and mystic.
We ended the tour with a heavy heart and bid good bye to Lord Himalaya and hoping for a quick come back to smell the beauty of its graciousness.
splendid01

Re: Kinnaur Travelogue

Postby getpackingvinod » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Nice splendid01. Guess we saw the tale in the other section.. please do post some good pictures too !!
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Postby yadavpreetrai » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:25 am

Please share some pics tooo
WE TRAVEL NOT TO ESCAPE LIFE, BUT FOR LIFE NOT TO ESCAPE US.
yadavpreetrai
DoW Core Team

Postby splendid01 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm

As requested uploading some of the pictures...
Attachments
IMG_0425.JPG
Amazing Kinnaur
IMG_0425.JPG (84.15 KiB) Viewed 174 times
IMG_0384.JPG
Amazing Kinnaur
IMG_0384.JPG (48.94 KiB) Viewed 174 times
IMG_0288.JPG
Amazing Kinnaur
IMG_0288.JPG (60.89 KiB) Viewed 174 times
IMG_0219.JPG
Amazing Kinnaur
IMG_0219.JPG (108.17 KiB) Viewed 174 times
IMG_0186.JPG
Amazing Kinnaur
IMG_0186.JPG (57.44 KiB) Viewed 174 times
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG (91.39 KiB) Viewed 174 times
IMG_0134.JPG
Amazing Kinnaur
IMG_0134.JPG (33.37 KiB) Viewed 174 times
IMG_0125.JPG
Amazing Kinnaur
IMG_0125.JPG (69.12 KiB) Viewed 174 times
IMG_0071.JPG
Amazing Kinnaur
IMG_0071.JPG (31.94 KiB) Viewed 174 times
IMG_0050.JPG
Amazing Kinnaur
IMG_0050.JPG (51.18 KiB) Viewed 174 times
IMG_0039.JPG
Amazing Kinnaur
IMG_0039.JPG (56.77 KiB) Viewed 174 times
splendid01

Postby Nachikethas » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:46 pm

That picture of green rooftop house is dop!
Nachikethas
Rookie

Postby getpackingvinod » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:05 pm

loved he apple tree ;)
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Return to Travel Tales from Himalayas