List of Taxi Drivers for Spiti Valley & Kinnaur Valley

Read, learn and share more about Traveling to various parts of the Himalayas through these travel guides and articles, in this forum.

Re: List of Taxi Drivers for Spiti Valley & Kinnaur Valley

Postby mosederbaer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:11 pm

desaihimal wrote:Hi
We completed our 10 days trip of Himachal just now.we hire a taxi from Shimla for entire trip. And car was toyata etios, comfortable for four members. driver is very humble, knowledgeable and expert in hilly road driving. You can contact him directly for spiti and kinnaur trip.
Driver Name: Bobby Kaushal
Mo.No: 9816361886 , 9459195861

Thanks a lot for writing a brief review about Mr Bobby. I will request mods to add his name, in the recommended drivers list. Also would request you to share the trip report and pictures too, with all of us.
Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby payel2017 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:59 am

The journey to "The Middle Land" with its unparalleled beauty and very simple local people will infinitely enrapture your mind and heart. This picture perfect journey can be more astonishing and unforgettable if you have the perfect travel companion. We (my husband and I) were truly fortunate to have this wonderful person, Dalip Kumar Negi, from Reckong Peo, on our very recent trip to the Valley of Gods, Lahaul and Spiti. (Here I wish to point out one small error- his actual name is Dalip and not Dilip that has been mentioned in the list of Spiti drivers at #5).

Mr Dalip has his own 7 seater Scorpio and a Swift Dzire. He has been into travelling business for the last 13 years and has earned a huge reputation for himself. He has made friends all over Himachal who adore and respect him a lot. He knows the roads of Himachal by every inch and is highly proficient behind the wheels. Above all, his profession is very much dear to his heart. Hence he is extremely passionate about Lahaul-Spiti road trips.

Dalip ji took care of our accommodation at all the places in our trip and the room rates were quite reasonable and affordable. All the guesthouses, homestays that he had arranged deserves special mention. They had their own charm, very comfortable, clean homely environment, superb locations with very friendly hosts. He had even arranged for bonfire at Rakcham which was truly unique and amazing.

We had planned for a nightstay at Chandrataal camps but some tried to dissuade us, as the night temperatures there had started to dip below sub-zero levels. Dalip ji was much eager, enthusiastic and willing to comply to our wish, hence our camping could become possible. On the last leg of our trip he drove us to Jibhi, which was another mesmerising, quaint little hamlet. The place is very serene and a traveller's delight.

Dalip ji has excellent driving prowess and is very cautious, patient and composed while driving, even in rough, rocky and muddy terrains. He doesn't hurry while driving which is his best quality. He takes utmost care of his guests and has a charming and helpful personality . He has this super sweet smile on his face and never did we find him losing his cool. He never got agitated if we asked him to stop the car for pictures. He will never demoralize his guests from anything and is quite high-spirited himself. He is a noble, honest, and honorable man. He has a great sense of humour and is super friendly. People like him are rare to come across.

We are surely going back to Spiti again and cannot think of any other person besides Dalip Kumar ji. It was our destiny that we met and this fascinating, incredible young man had become our friend and companion in our 13 days trip. We are like family now. Just as his name, he is the King of Himachal. I would strongly recommend him for Lahaul-Spiti road trips. He is one of the Best in that circuit.

Last but not the least, thanks a lot to Dheeraj Sharma and his team for putting up such a detailed and impressive work on Lahaul and Spiti. All the information helped us immensely while planning our trip to this enigmatic valley.
Attachments
IMG-20171116-WA0003.jpg
Dalip ji on left and my husband at Komic village
IMG-20171116-WA0003.jpg (76.65 KiB) Viewed 37 times
IMG-20171116-WA0002.jpg
Dalip ji from right, my husband and me in Spiti
IMG-20171116-WA0002.jpg (63.22 KiB) Viewed 37 times
payel2017

Postby sivasubd » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Dear DOW community / Mr. Dheeraj
Greetings.. had traveled recently to Kinnaur, Spiti and Lahaul after a lot of research that was done on the web and particularly DOW to plan the Itinerary. I had traveled with my parents who are senior citizens and one of the main highlights of the trip was the Cab driver that we had got. This person was booked through a reference that i got from a friend of mine who is a regular with Raid - De - Himalayas, an annual rally that happens in these terrains. We had booked Mr. Bharadwaj ( Kaku ) who drives an Innova to take us on this 14 day trip. He is based out of Shimla and it was one of the best decisions that I had made. The vehicle was good and more importantly the person was amazing. Good knowledge of the local terrain, places to see, off beat locations and locales, accommodation ( though we had done our own bookings ), restaurants which served good vegetarian fare, rest room stops etc. He was also a photo enthusiast and helped me capture the entire journey. Had connections all through the way with both the locals and other vehicle drivers who frequent this route. He took care to ensure that the journey was as smooth as possible - even between Batal and Gramphu. My parents aged around 70 were able to make the journey without any issues related to traveling in such terrain. Would highly recommend him to fellow travelers and am sure to engage him for my next trip from Manali - Leh - Kargil - Srinagar trip scheduled for the next year. He can be reached at 94185 23295. Some times he is out of phone reach because of the terrain he frequents. However, responds back to an SMS or whatsapp message sent to him. - Cheers - Sivasubramanian
sivasubd

Previous

Return to Travel Guides & Articles