List of Taxi Drivers for Spiti Valley & Kinnaur Valley

Read, learn and share more about Traveling to various parts of the Himalayas through these travel guides and articles, in this forum.

Re: List of Taxi Drivers for Spiti Valley & Kinnaur Valley

Postby dileep23 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:20 pm

We had an awesome trip to Spiti-Manali Circuit from Aug 26th to Sep 3rd. I would like to thank Dheeraj Bhai and other friends
in the forum for their Valuable inputs in guiding us to complete our journey successfully to this beautiful land.
We have contacted Mukesh Sharma (Monty) with the reference of our travellers in the forum, unfortunately in the last
minute he got stuck with tourists in Kaza but informed us 2 days in advance and arranged alternate arrangements he has assigned
us Driver Virender to pick us up from Shimla to Kalpa and the 2nd Driver his name is also Mukesh(shimla)from Kalpa to rest of the trip till Manali.
Both are Very good drivers drove safe, responsible and acknowledged to stop where ever we want them to never got irritated on multiple stoppages. Both are based out of Shimla and have 10+years of driving experience in HP..

We had lot of hassles at the start of our Journey initially we had planned to start our Journey on Aug 25th from Delhi.
Due to Verdict of Guru Ram Rahim Singh the situation became worse they have implemented 144 section in Chandigarh all trains, buses got cancelled and Cab drivers are not willing to take risk so we got stuck in Delhi we thought will find some way to get out of Delhi next day.
The situation remains the same next day morning all trains got cancelled and we have contacted HPDTC they told if the situation becomes normal they will operate the buses in the evening after 4 PM we thought of not wasting our time and went for Delhi Local Sight seeing
Even though we are roaming in Delhi in back of our minds we were worried :( whether we will make it or not
as we dint want to try any other place/Plan B its our 4 years dream and 4 months of planning to visit this beautiful land.
Post noon We directly went to ISBT Kashmiri gate to check if the buses will start operating by evening to our surprise :shock: all the buses
got cancelled for 26th Aug also and no one knows/have idea when they are going to Operate it and slowly we lost our hopes of making it 2nd day also as we already lost 2 days in Delhi doing nothing and left it to the mercy of the god. We started trying to reach out CAB drivers if someone can help us to drop us at Shimla even our Driver Virender tried from his contact to help us get out of Delhi. Meanwhile We have also tried to check for private buses in Abhi bus & Red bus we can see 2 buses Northern Travels and City Land travels are running the bus from Delhi to Shimla and few seats are available immediately we have booked ticket on Northern Travels for 10PM Bus without any second thought.
We have call to Bus Operator and have checked with them will they surely operate the bus or will they cancel if there is any issue in the last moment. They have given us the assurance surely they are going to operate as they need to Carry HP Govt Parcel and Couriers as all the transport got cancelled for 25th Aug they have got permission from govt to run the bus. We are very happy :D and got into the bus at 10 PM to our surprise only 12 Passengers are there in the bus we are 4 among them rest of the bus is filled with Cargo and Parcel slowly the bus started its run at 11PM after completing all the formalities but still we have some doubt in back of our mind what if they stop in middle of the night.
As the bus started we are excited as it is completely unexpected and it had become more adventurous Journey now even before hitting the Hindustan-Tibet Road. Very few vehicles on the Delhi-Chandigarh Road and finally reached Shimla by 8 AM in the morning our Driver Virender is ready to pick us at the Bus Stop in his Innova Got into the car freshen up on the way now we have filled with Loads of Energy :geek: no stopping and looking back from here on we had an Comfortable and Superb Journey..

We have followed below Itineary:
Day 1 : Delhi to Shimla (Night Journey)
Day 2 : Shimla to Rakchham, Sangla Valley (Initial plan was to stay at Sarahan, as we lost 2 days in Delhi we had to cover long distance Continuous journey from Delhi to Rakchham, Sangla 20 Hours But never got tired with the beautiful views en-route)
Day 3 : Rakchham-Chitkul-Kalpa (Short Distance we have covered the distance in Slow pace as we have lot of time left for the day. Fell in Love wit
Chitkul never seen such a beautiful place and the journey Sangla to Chitkul is equally good)
Day 4 : Kalpa-Nako-Gue Mummy-Tabo
Day 5 : Tabo-Dhankar-Kaza-Langza-Komic-Hikkim-Kaza (Excited and thrilled as we have visited few of the World's Highest Landmark places
at Kaza Indian Oil Petrol outlet, Komic Highest Motroable village and Hikkim post office/posted few letters to family and loved ones memorable)
Day 6 : Kaza-Key Moneastry-Kibber-Gete-Tashigang-Kaza
Day 7 : Kaza-Losar-Kunzam Pass-Chandartal (Beautiful lake water is so pure and transparent camped at Samson Camp and this place is the cooldest night of the Trip)
Day 8 : Chandartal-Rohtangpass-Manali (We have started at 6.30 Am and reached Manali by 12 PM enroute we have crossed 3 to 4 water crossing the water flow is moderate the landscapes are beautifull
Day 8 : Manali-New Delhi (We have took bus on the same day at 6PM and reached Delhi next day at 7AM)
Day 9 : New Delhi-Hyderabad (Local Sight Seeing & early morning flight from Delhi to HYD) [/i][/b][/b]
Back Home with lot of memories to take away from this Adventourous Journey.
I am not going to describe about beauty of this land as Dheeraj Bhai and most of our Co-travellers has already beautifully written about it.
Surely it should be visited and experienced on your Own there wont be enough words to narrate about this Magnificent Land.

Places We Stayed :

1. Rakchham (Hotel Rupin River View) Nice propety and beautiful view from Hotel
The owner is having other property at Kalpa as well (Rolling Rang Resort) as we are staying next day at Kalpa we have negotiated for 2 days we got rooms at good price
Contact Person : Naresh Jishtu (098166-86789,094180-92894)

2. Kalpa (Hotel Rolling Rang Resort) Good Property with Beautiful Kinnaur Kailash View Near Himachal Tourism Hotel
Contact Person : L.R. Thakur (098161-85518,094597-24839)

3. Tabo (Phuntsok's Home Stay) Nice Home stay with Dinner and Breakfast very welcoming and hospitalitable family Near Tabo Moneastry
Conatact Person : Phuntsokis (094185-76181,01906-223452)
You can give my reference : Dileep, now we are like family still in touch with us and they post us the photos and share us the local happenings at Kaza

4. Kaza (Prem Home Stay) Stayed here for 2 days new property at New Kaza near White Spiti Hotel good location and nice home stay they charge per person
including Dinner & Breakfast. Very Well maintained and hospitaitable family.
Their home stay is more suitable for Winter travellers they have good facilities for tourists visiting in Winter..
Conatact Person : Thandup (094592-52699)
You can give my reference : Dileep, now we are like family still in touch with us and they post us the photos and share us the local happenings at Kaza

5. Chandartal Lake (Samson Camps) Good location most of the camps are operating around this area.
As we are 4 persons took Swiss Tent with attached Bathroom good tent and comfortable bedding. As there less tourists around we have negotiated and got the deal at good price

If you are planning a trip you can contact the below Drivers and can give my reference---

1. Mukesh Sharma (Monty) --- +91 9816053050/+91 9459953121 (The contact is already in our Forum)
2. Virender (Shimla) ---- +91 9459796895 (Please add to the list)
2. Mukesh (Shimla) ---- +91 8894566024 (Please add to the list)

I hope it will help planning your trip to Spiti Valley, please let me know if any help required.
Keep up the good work and I thank Dheeraj Bhai and DOW Team, because of you i could able to complete my second trip comforatably post Deoriatal-Chandarshila Peak last year December.

Happy Travelling!! :D :)

Regards
Dileep Dilz :)
dileep23

Postby dileep23 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Posting Few Pics from the Trip :

DSC_0178.JPG
DSC_0178.JPG (67.44 KiB) Viewed 97 times

DSC_0352.JPG
DSC_0352.JPG (61.36 KiB) Viewed 97 times

2017-09-11-23-08-10.jpg
At Chandartal Lake
2017-09-11-23-08-10.jpg (67.1 KiB) Viewed 97 times

2017-09-12-22-53-47.jpg
At Tashigang with Bluesheep
2017-09-12-22-53-47.jpg (81.19 KiB) Viewed 97 times

IMG_20170829_124800198_HDR.jpg
Our driver mukesh ji 2nd from right
IMG_20170829_124800198_HDR.jpg (94.17 KiB) Viewed 97 times

DSC_0112.JPG
DSC_0112.JPG (86.25 KiB) Viewed 97 times

DSC_0191.JPG
DSC_0191.JPG (54.05 KiB) Viewed 97 times
dileep23

Postby getpackingvinod » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

thank you dileep for the brief summary and review of the drivers. The pics are way out of the world !!
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Postby arunabha70 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:57 pm

IMG_0048.JPG
Mukesh and me
IMG_0048.JPG (74.18 KiB) Viewed 59 times
I have travelled with Mukesh Kumar for 14 days from Shimla to Chandigarh, covering Sarahan, Sangla, chitkul, kalpa, Nako, Tabo, Pin Valley, Kaza, Kee, Comic, Langza, Losar, Chandratal, Naggar. He is an excellent person and a real professional driver with his Innova. I think anybody will be overwhelmed, if travel with him. He is quite informative and gives proper guidance and suggestions .
arunabha70

Postby abhradwip » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:35 pm

This is the my first post & I would like to thank all the DOW community members for the information you provide.
I just came from my 14 days dream trip to Trans Himalaya (Kinnaur, Spiti & Lahul) last week with family. Though I have started booking all the hotels 5 months back but mainly worried about the cab. While searching on the net I came along with DOW community and was impressed to see the list of cab drivers and the reviews.
First I have contacted Mahesh Ji from the list considering his interest in photography but he already had other booking during this time.
Going through all the reviews, I have called Dilip Ji (Serial no 5 from the list) and was one of the best decisions I have made. Dilip ji was so cordial during the first interaction and he assured me to provide with someone best since he had some other engagements (I was worried since travelling with 3 kids). I was particularly looking for Scorpio considering the condition of the road especially in few areas of Spiti and Lahul.
On 2nd October from Shimla we have started our trip and on that day we met with our friend, philosopher & guide for the next fortnight – Mahendar Ji (Not there in the list). He is a gem of a person with always a smiling face :) . He drives a Scorpio with back seat facing front.
An extraordinary driver, he knows the entire route like back of his hand 8-) . I even forgot my baby’s jacket in the hotel in Tabo & he called his friends and went along in the chilling light to bring back the same. He even called me after I reached hometown to check whether everything was fine.
Even Dilip ji used to call me almost every day to check how the trip was going on…. I would strongly recommend Mahender JI for Spiti trip and request Admin to add him in the list.
Mobile number of Mahender Ji: +919816040012

My Trip Detail:
Day 1: Shimla to Sarahan
Day 2: Sarahan to Chitkul
Day 3: Chitkul to Kalpa (2 Nights at Kalpa)
Day 5: Kalpa to Tabo via Nako and Giu
Day 6: Tabo to Mudh
Day 7: Mudh to Rangrik (2 Nights at Rangrik)
Day 8: Rangrik to Losar
Day 9: Losar to Manali via Chandrataal (2 Nights at Manali)
Attachments
IMG_20171009_132947.jpg
IMG_20171009_132947.jpg (67.12 KiB) Viewed 9 times
IMG_1492.jpg
IMG_1492.jpg (47.94 KiB) Viewed 9 times
abhradwip

Previous

Return to Travel Guides & Articles