Buses/Share Cab availability on tour plan to Uttarakhand

Read, learn and share more about Traveling to various parts of the Himalayas through these travel guides and articles, in this forum.

Re: Buses/Share Cab availability on tour plan to Uttarakha

Postby mosederbaer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Sir here are my comments on the latest post-

We shall try to stay at Picture palce area of Musoorie to avail the direct bus to Gangotri which starts at 6.45 AM from PP bus stand on 12th October 2017.If the seats are not available we shall break at Uttakashi and 13th shall proceed to Gangotri.

I am still not aware about this bus service but will keep on looking for more information about it, if I find something, will surely let you know. Google shows this road from Mussoorie to uttarkashi (without touching chamba) so i believe that public transport should also be available on this. However, do take a break at Uttarkashi if need arises.

14th&15th -harshil.
16th-Uttarkashi

This looks fine.

17Th -either new tehri or if possible any suitable place in between tehri to tilwara route via ghyanshali depending upon bus/share cab
18th&19th -jhakholi via mayali
20th&21st -dogalvitta
22nd&23rd---either pipolkoti or joshimath--would like to visit Auli and adjacent places on 23rd--
24th-straight to hrisikesh by bus /share jeep
our return ticket would from Haridwar on 25th october at about 11.55pm

On 16th when you stay overnight at uttarkashi, then in the evening, do check with hotel person and some locals about the bus and shared jeeps to jakholi or mayali. I strongly believe that you will be able to find public transport on this route. :) Actually you should clearly mention about jakholi badma (near mayali) as there is another jakholi which is located on the way to deoprayag.

Now from Jakholi, I would suggest you to book a cab for dugalbitta as you will be traveling at the end of the yatra season and from Ukhimath onward, there may not be any public conveyance post afternoon. While staying at dugalbitta, do check the availability of bus or shared jeeps for Joshimath (suggesting you to stay at joshimath instead of pipalkoti but do remember that while returning, doing joshimath to rishikesh (about 260 km) in public transport will little be hectic), if you do not find one then either take any conveyance to gopeshwar or chamoli and change from there for joshimath or take a taxi for the full route. For these last days of the trip, I am putting up some changes for make it more easier-
22nd- dugalbitta to joshimath.
23rd- day visit to auli and cover nearby local points.
24th- Joshimath to deoprayag.
25th- Deoprayag to rishikesh, spend some time there and then head to haridwar to catch the night train.

In case, you find it comfortable to do joshimath-rishikesh in one day then go with it.

Hope it helps.... :)
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby deba2164 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:19 pm

thanks Anilbhai for your valuable input . if you get some more information based on this tour plan ,please let me know.

I seek your advice on a alternate proposition .i am still undecided whether we go for a cab from mousourie to cover the entire trip in 10 to 11days(one night in each place except Joshimath) or I shall stick to our earlier proposition to complete it depending upon local buses/share cab.car cost will definitely be high (at least it needs 10days x2000/-per day in a small car if not more) if we go for the 1st one.but we are considering our age ,ability to carry luggage ,availability of local transport,many places within a short period of time,many changes en route etc.
please share your views on this.

regards
deba2164

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:36 am

I will suggest going with the taxi only even if it means covering less places but it will be comfortable at least.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby deba2164 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:21 pm

If we want to go to uttarkashi from Dehradun by bus or by share cab,where is the hill bus station and how long it is from rly station?Is there any pvt accommodation nearby? Are Baba Viswanath and UTC buses plying from the same place?
We have heard the place parade ground from where buses and share cab depart for Uttarkashi.please confirm.

regards
deba2164

Postby getpackingvinod » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:31 pm

@mosederbaer
getpackingvinod
Site Moderator

Postby deba2164 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Lot of thanks and grateful to you all for your valuable suggestions and advice.
Probably we shall stay at Dehradun on 10th and 11th October near Rs to avail morning bus on 12th to Uttarkashi.On 11th we may visit Musouree by local transport and stay back to Dehradun.(we have decided to cancel our stay at Musouree as per preveous plan)

2.13th Oct morning we shall proceed to Gangotri from Uttarkashi preferably by bus or by share jeep if bus is not available
3.14th and 15th we shall be at Harsil.I am trying to book PWD Rs
4.on 16th Oct we shall try for New Tehri from Harsil by bus or at uttarkashi again if not possible.
5.On 18th Oct morning we shall try to proceed Jakholi from New Tehri and will stay at 19th there.mode of transport not known.depends upon situation.
6.20th and 21st Oct we shall be Dogolvitta .break of journey may be required at this stage .
7.22nd and 23rd Oct we shall be at joshimath and shall visit Auli and at least devgram during our stay.here also I am trying to book PWd Rs in both the places Dogolvitta and joshimath.
8.on 24th Oct we may return to Hrisikesh or at Devprayag
our return train from Haridwar is on 26th Oct at 11.55P.m

hopefully it is ok now . we shall try to cover the entire trip by local bus as advised by Delliwalaji with the share jeep as next option.
Name one or two good Dharamsalas and hotels at Gangotri,Uttarkashi Josimath ,new tehri having decent but cheap accommodation facility.
Feel that two night stays at Uttarkashi is not required 12th and 16th Oct .please suggest some alternative within this tour plan.
is there any other staying option at jakholi other than GMVN?

Again ,my sincere thanks to everybody.

regards
deba2164

Postby mosederbaer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Sir I am still confused that which jakholi are you talking about? I am saying so because going from harsil to new tehari and then next day going to jakholi (the one which is near ghansali) will be like backtracking. I would suggest you to stay the nights of 12th and 16th in uttarkashi. I am again suggesting some changes in above itinerary.

10th- Stay at dehradun.
11th- Dehradun.
12th- dehradun to chamba, uttarkashi.
13th- uttarkashi to harsil.
14th- harsil.
15th- Harsil.
16th- harsil to uttarkashi.
17th- uttarkashi to jakholi.
18th- jakholi.
19th- Jakholi to dugalbitta.
20th- dugalbitta.
21st- dugalbitta to joshimath.
22nd- joshimath.
23rd- Joshimath.
24th- Joshimath to deoprayag.
25th- deoprayag to rishikesh.
26th- catch the night train from haridwar.

Hope it helps...
Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby deba2164 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Dear Moserbear
1. Inadvertently you have skipped gangotri from Tour plan.13th oct we shall proceed to gangotri from uttarkashi and stay there.
2. 14th and 15th Oct we will be at harsil.
3.16th we shall stay back to uttarkashi
4.17th we shall try to proceed to jakholi which is 10 km from mayali on ghansali tilwara road.but there is doubt, the journey would be hectic and long.hence an extra day(night stay) has been put in between .you suggest the place of night stay if we could not proceed to jakholi on 17th .
5.it was earlier plan to stay at Musouriee on 10th and on 11th.but the availability of bus service to Uttarkashi is more at dehradun than musouriee.hence we have changed our decision to stay at any hotel near bus stand at dehradun to avail the morning bus towards Uttarkashi.please advise on this change.

please review and comment .

regards
deba2164

Postby mosederbaer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:06 pm

1. Sir from 3 days in harsil, I meant one day for gangotri, although did not mention it separately.
2. I will advise to stay at harsil on 13th, next day leave extra luggage at hotel and head to gangotri for night stay. On 15th, return to harsil again.
3. It is ok.
4. I have traveled from uttarkashi to tilwara once in 2011 and don't remember, having seen any place for stay on entire route but things may have changed now. By the way, Google shows 142 km distance, between uttarkashi and mayali. I think it can be done with an early start on 17th. You can also check how much a taxi will take for the drop from uttarkashi to jakholi if you get a good deal then can take a taxi for this day.
5. It looks ok. Another option may be rishikesh for night stay on 11th, if you wish so.

Hope it helps..[emoji4]
Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby deba2164 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:12 pm

we do not know if there is any bus service available from uttarkashi to rudraprayag on daily basis.please let me know if you can gather current information on this.I guess,only to drop from uttarkashi to jakholi by pvt cab would be no less than 4000/- This.would be expensive for us and not affordable.

please let me know some cheap but decent accommodation options at the places which have been covered in our tour plan including dharamsalas.
I am trying to book pwd rest house at harsil,dogolvita and joshimath. do you know if there is any alternative accommodation other than gmvn at jakholi?

Dheerajbhai,Anilbhai ,this tour plan has been made with your guidance only and your assistance would be ever remembered by us.God Bless to all and your family.
deba2164

PreviousNext

Return to Travel Guides & Articles