Bike Issues in ladakh

Read, learn and share more about Traveling to various parts of the Himalayas through these travel guides and articles, in this forum.

Bike Issues in ladakh

Postby shubham8118 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:27 pm

I came to read on a website that if we hire bikes from manali to leh.. so for exploring ladakh we need to hire another local bikes to go ahead due to gundagardi of localites... they did not let us rike himachal bikes in ladakh..
This is written on website of very known hiring agency named "bikerentalsmanali". So is it true?
shubham8118

Re: Gundagardi in ladakh

Postby Indonesianrider » Wed May 31, 2017 9:34 pm

A lot of people says that, but a few people, mostly indian people, says no one ever check their paper while in nubra or pangong
Indonesianrider

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:49 am

shubham8118 wrote:I came to read on a website that if we hire bikes from manali to leh.. so for exploring ladakh we need to hire another local bikes to go ahead due to gundagardi of localites... they did not let us rike himachal bikes in ladakh..
This is written on website of very known hiring agency named "bikerentalsmanali". So is it true?

Well, as the rules it is not allowed to use outside rented bikes in Leh.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Postby getpackingvinod » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Tourism is regulated in Ladakh - both by the government and respective Unions. It is the Bike Rental Union's rule that outside 'rented' bikes will not be allowed to ply in Ladakh for sightseeing. If it is your own bike, there is no problem. This is endorsed by the LAHDC also
getpackingvinod
DoW Core Team

Postby Varunsharma8686 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Pls don't say it as a gundagardi. One should respect the local rules of ladakh since there season is only for 6 months. If all their bikes r busy, they allow outside rented bikes otherwise one has to hire from them. Though I know how to avoid it but I never shared it with anyone neither will I. Don't want the loss of ladakh business
Varunsharma8686
Rookie

Postby mosederbaer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Varunsharma8686 wrote:Pls don't say it as a gundagardi. One should respect the local rules of ladakh since there season is only for 6 months. If all their bikes r busy, they allow outside rented bikes otherwise one has to hire from them. Though I know how to avoid it but I never shared it with anyone neither will I. Don't want the loss of ladakh business

I do agree with varun here. The tourist season in ladakh just lasts for about 6 months so it is kind of necessity for them to impose this kind of ban. However we will like to know the secret about how to avoid the confrontation? :lol:
Travel is never a matter of money, only spirit
mosederbaer
DoW Core Team

Postby Varunsharma8686 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Then it will be made public
Varunsharma8686
Rookie

Postby getpackingvinod » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Varunsharma8686 wrote:Then it will be made public

Not on the forum please !!

If anybody wants to know, kindly PM @varunsharma8686. Thanks :)
getpackingvinod
DoW Core Team

Re: Bike issues in ladakh

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:50 am

Varunsharma8686 wrote:Pls don't say it as a gundagardi. One should respect the local rules of ladakh since there season is only for 6 months. If all their bikes r busy, they allow outside rented bikes otherwise one has to hire from them. Though I know how to avoid it but I never shared it with anyone neither will I. Don't want the loss of ladakh business

+1 to it.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Return to Travel Guides & Articles