Winter Ladakh - Query

Find or meet other like minded travelers for your trip to various parts of the Himalayas and share your journey as well as cost of taxis, hotels etc., in this forum.

Winter Ladakh - Query

Postby Jinesh » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Hello,

Am going to Ladakh on 29th Jan, 2017. It is going to be a 7 day trip with only 1 day on the Chadar and the remaining days in and around Leh.

I wear contact lenses, so wanted to know if wearing them in minus temperatures would be an issue?

Does the contact lens solution freeze in minus temperatures.

I tried googling this. But came across contrasting answers for the same.

Hoping to get an answer here.

Thanks !!!
Jinesh :)
Jinesh

Re: Winter Ladakh - Query

Postby dheerajsharma14 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:54 am

Jinesh wrote:Hello,

Am going to Ladakh on 29th Jan, 2017. It is going to be a 7 day trip with only 1 day on the Chadar and the remaining days in and around Leh.

I wear contact lenses, so wanted to know if wearing them in minus temperatures would be an issue?

Better talk to your eye consultant and tell him about freezing conditions. Though it should be an issue but I am sure there will be some precautions he can suggest and eye drops to keep eyes wet and protect from dryness.

I am currently putting up in USA where temperatures are around -13 to -19 on some days but I don't see people with contact lenses having trouble. I may be wrong though because I don't know if they use special solution to keep them dry. Best will to carry your glasses too and do talk to your doctor.
dheerajsharma14
Site Administrator

Re: Winter Ladakh - Query

Postby Jinesh » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Thank you so much Dheeraj bhai...!!!

Will check with the eye consultant as well !!! :)
Jinesh

Return to Travel Partners